Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily Dare 2018
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:40 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I agree that level 2 is much harder than level 3. It only took me 3 rounds on level 2 this time, though (the first time my last match ended up on top of itself - that's the worst!). Now I'm just waiting for my partner to have time to beat it...

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:05 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Today, level 3 was a problem. The tile layout was such that it was truly impossible to finish the bottom layer. Instead of resetting the layer, I just ended the game and submitted my score through the 2nd level because it was higher than AAA's score. Today, lack of time won out over desire for high score...

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:22 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

*facepalm* AAA's score for Kou-Jong was achievable on medium. :oops: I struggle though the Hard level. Oh well, all done now.

Today's game is Moon Rock Rampage. DOUBLE DARE.

I haven't got a high score on this yet as I hate playing it, but it should be easy enough.
An easy, but boring game.

Site Events Board wrote:
Get the hang of levels 1-9 (check out Jellyneo's guide).

In the early levels, type 'rampage' for an extra life.

Once you're at level 10, the propeller piece is worth 250 points. Collect that piece and just stay there shooting and shoving rocks at monsters till time runs out. The level will reset and you can collect the propeller piece again. Repeat as needed

EDIT:

Managed to get to level 15. Once I actually concentrated properly it was easy enough to keep going.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:52 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, my previous high score was just above 800. Getting to level 10 was pretty easy, and that took care of it, and then I just quit, cause I've got plenty of better things to be doing today. :) Hooray!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:26 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The key to MRR is to play to level 10. You can actually barricade yourself in with rocks and go do something else until you hear the timer countdown. Collect only the propeller piece until you're on your last life. Then finish the level, die on level 11, and the game is set up for easy scoring from there. The next time you have to/want to play, click on "continue game" instead of "start game," and you'll start on level 10 with the propeller. Collect it four times (spending about 6 seconds getting the piece and blocking the guys to the left with a rock), go do something else while the timer counts down, and you've got an easy 1k points in the game (and can add on from there as needed for BTY, 2x game, DD, GMC, good ratio, etc.).

Of course, I cleaned my cache a few days ago, so I actually had to play to 10 today. Oh, well.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:38 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Good advice, Siniri. I probably should have read that before playing through level 20. TDN's guide is great.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:43 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Pterattack today. Not a hard score and managed it on first try.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:08 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Same as Daze. I usually aim for the red power-ups, but I got the boomerang, instead, and I managed to beat AAA with that. Good thing I wasn't holding out for the red power-up, because I didn't see a single one until I was over 1200 - as it appeared an unavoidable fraction of an inch in front of me, killing my game.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

No problems with this one, for sure!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:32 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

My dreaded game is today, Dungeon Dash. Luckily it is only 3000 for AAA. My highscore is around 2400, so I feel confident at getting the score.

Just a heads up for the game. The RESTART button is right underneath the in-game toolbar , so if you are still clicking when the game ends, you can accidentally click the wrong button.

EDIT: After accidentally clicking restart 4 times, I finally managed to end the game after getting 3000 points.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Got it on the first run, but definitely wasn't surprised, after all the practice on it for the first time it came out. Was kinda bummed I didn't beat the game my first try, but I mixed up my powerups and hit one of the instadeath things in the last section without a bubble on. Ah well. I played it again and had no problems beating it. :)

Daze, I didn't even realize you could click on the buttons in the toolbar! I've just always used the 'x', 'c', 'v', 'b', and 'n' keys for them.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:20 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Nice work Pickles!

I really don't like using key controls in-game, especially on the laptop. My fingers are just too clumsy.
I find it much easier to use the mouse on the toolbar bar and have my left hand on the space bar for the single jump action. It also gives the advantage of being able to continually watch the screen while playing (once again, especially for my clumsy fingers that hit other keys and I have to look to reposition my fingers).

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:08 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I finally managed it on my third or fourth try (my first try in Opera - after I got caught by the bad guy on the first level after making absolutely no mistakes at 600-something points, I realized it was a browser issue). 3200-something. Good enough for me. I loathe this game.

Note to self: still need to beat SHB and ZB. I don't think that ZB score is possible for me... I'd have to do it with single bounces, and eventually the ball goes crazy. That's 30 points, on average, per ball. And the best I've managed is maybe 7 on a single ball (and 16 total).

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Today's was easy peasy. I didn't try too hard, but still got over the needed score on the first try.

Leave the sound on so you can hear the gems - you get more points for collecting them quickly, and it's always good to know when that resets.
First level, let all 6 spawn, gather them together in a circular motion near the top of the screen, then kill them all and start collecting gems while killing them as they continue to spawn. Do this until you reset your gems, then repeat.
Second level, to let the guys spawn and not kill any until the pink thing shows up in the middle. If you move in a circular motion around the screen, the novas will gather together. Then grab the pink thing, let as many of their missiles hit it as you can before you kill them, and then collect the masses of gems. Don't let yourself beat the level the first time through - you can earn a TON of points on this level. :) Another pink thing shows up on the next level, too, but it's a little trickier to survive.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:47 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Lag made this one really hard. Even after switching to Opera, I still had lag, but i finally beat it on my fourth or fifth game. Maybe this weekend I'll have time to pull out the old laptop and beat SHB and ZB on a system I'm used to. (I did manage a 19 on ZB today, so I'm only 1 away from Abi's score now.) If the event ends before then, meh. These flash games are stale and glitchy and so last millennium.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next