For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Neopets Flash suddenly not working for me...

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:53 pm

Somehow today, Flash isn't working for me on Neopets. (Well, Expellibox worked, which I was fairly certain was Flash, since it never works on my phone, but Kiko Pop, FL map, and WoMon all are not loading for me.)

I checked my Flash settings in Chrome. I have it activated (set to "ask first," but Neopets never asks, and I can't find a way to say yes if it somehow randomly got switched to 'no'), and it's up to date. I tried deactivating ABP to see whether maybe TNT had changed the URLs of Flash content and it was suddenly blocked, but that's not the problem. (At this point, I remembered I'd done expellibox and checked to see if that still worked - I get the box saying I've already done the competition recently.) The Flash website's test Flash works, and it says I'm on the current version, too (27,0,0,183).

My Chrome was apparently out-of-date, so I'm updating it now... It says I'm on Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit), but I don't know if that's the current or the new download. Windows 10.

Does anyone have any ideas why certain Neopets Flash things aren't working suddenly? Is anyone else having similar problems?

Re: Neopets Flash suddenly not working for me...

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Kiko Pop working OK for me on Firefox because I am travelling. At home, I use an old version of Opera (12), and for a while the flash games would not work (e.g. W-A-K). I had to tweak a few settings to spoof as internet explorer for them to start working again.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:15 pm

They worked fine for me on Friday before my trip (or was it Thursday?).

Edit: I googled how to change permissions. You can do that by clicking the "i" or lock to the left of the url in the address bar. I changed the WoMon page to always open Flash on this site, and it loaded again. I must have accidentally clicked on something (or my housemate's cat may have...).

Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:58 pm

I blame the cats. It is always the cats...

Glad it is working again for you!
Topic locked