Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Daily Dare 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So, is this the next Daily Dare coming up? Visiting Roo Island gives the following:
Abigail wrote:
Wow Chadley, I never knew you read books that aren't about you!
Chadley wrote:
*looks up from his notebook* Huh? Oh, it's you, Abigail. Can't you see I'm busy? Why don't you go play with your Usukis or something and let grown-ups do their work?
Abigail wrote:
*under her breath* Snob...

I was kinda hoping it would be a little later, as this is probably the worst week for it, but I'll muddle through if it is...
Also, thinking this through, if DD starts now, then immediately after it would be whatever Negg-event that would occur near Easter. So...any battledome plot probably won't be until late April/May at earliest? Guess we have more time for training...

ETA: Added in list of games and guides to first post in spoiler below:

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Last edited by Pickles on Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Daily Dare 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:26 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Thanks for the heads up Pickles! :)

Friday:
Chadley wrote:
*murmuring* ...maybe I should try to raise the bar on this one, make it a bit more challenging...
Abigail wrote:
Is Mr. Full-of-Himself losing it after all?
Chadley wrote:
That's no way to talk if you want to be popular.. You know, I'd give you a few pointers but unfortunately I'm a little busy at the moment.
Abigail wrote:
Hehe. Loser.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:03 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I agree that this is not a great time... Ah well, I am not sure when I have a "good" week with lots of time anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Another day, another new set of dialogue:
Abigail wrote:
Lulu! Guess who I ran into the other day? Snobby Chadley!
Lulu wrote:
Haha. So did I, Abby. Funny thing is, he was actually preoccupied with something other than himself.
Abigail wrote:
Wait, you saw that too? A little odd for him, don't you think?
Lulu wrote:
Very odd...Let me see if I can find out what's up.

As long as it can wait until like...Wednesday, I'll be a little happier about the timing. Either that, or the first two days need to be really easy ones! However, my bets are on Monday, since they dialogue started on Friday, and it's spring break for a lot of people.

ETA:
Abigail wrote:
Any update?
Lulu wrote:
None at all. I can't find him anywhere. It's like he just went into hiding to avoid all of us. Say, would AAA know about this?
Abigail wrote:
I don't think so. And I can't ask him either since I'm not allowed to disturb him during his exams. He won't be home until next month for Daily Dare.
Lulu wrote:
Then it's just us. We'll have to find out on our own why Chadley is being weirder than usual.

...wait, what? Daily dare won't be until next month, but they're starting the dialogue now? I'm thinking something will be going wrong...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:37 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Maybe Chadley paired up with Roothless to attack AAA again, and the battling event will come before DD? Nah...

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It has started: Daily Dare 2017

I don't have the time/energy tonight to expand, but day 1 is 1.5 days long, so yeah.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:24 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Argh. Perhaps not the best response to this starting today, but yeah. I plan to participate :)

Hmm. Chadley's score is higher than my best in Chemistry. Sadly, I have no idea if it is because the game is difficult or because I never bothered to try hard at it...

ETA: Looks like it is the latter. Beat Chadley on the first try 8)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:39 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

It's long but definitely beatable. I will participate as I am able, but I'm not going to put much effort into it. The last couple of years, though, much effort hasn't been required.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I did have time to do the challenge last night, but I stayed up way too late for it, as we were late getting home yesterday. JN has uploaded all of the sticky note images to their Dr. Sloth images section, and has also published the games list in the comments section here:

Day 1: Chemistry For Beginners
Day 2: Kou-Jong
Day 3: Bruno's Backwoods Breakaway
Day 4: Tubular Kiko Racing
Day 5: Mop 'n' Bop
Day 6: Cooty Wars
Day 7: Korbat's Lab
Day 8: Whirlpool
Day 9: Usul Suspects
Day 10: Lost City Lanes
Day 11: Toy Box Escape
Day 12: Hungry Skeith
Day 13: Hot Dog Hero
Day 14: Revel Roundup
Day 15: Cave Glider
Day 16: Jubble Bubble
Day 17: Assignment 53
Day 18: Barf Boat
Day 19: Wheeler's Wild Ride
Day 20: AAA's Revenge

A good 1/2 of the games on this list are ones that I don't play regularly, and several I *stink* at. Toy Box Escape....Lost City Lanes....Revel Roundup...Cave Glider...Barf Boat....yipes, that's 1/4 of the games at least! I'm looking at some potential seriously long gaming days here, depending on what the scores are! Guess I'd better brush up on them...

(Also, really, why did they have to bring Barf Boat back?! I hate hate hate hate hate that game.)

ETA: I updated the first post to include the list of games, links to them, and links to JN's guides. If you know of any tips or better guides for any of the above games, let me know, and I'll add them to the first post! (I'm not going to attempt to add all the prizes, etc, as we go, unless I have more free time, but I wanted to make sure everyone had quick access to the games list/links/guides in case they want to practice!)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:02 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Pickles wrote:
ETA: I updated the first post to include the list of games, links to them, and links to JN's guides. If you know of any tips or better guides for any of the above games, let me know, and I'll add them to the first post! (I'm not going to attempt to add all the prizes, etc, as we go, unless I have more free time, but I wanted to make sure everyone had quick access to the games list/links/guides in case they want to practice!)

Thanks Pickles!

ETA: Practicing on Lost City Lanes. Did Ok on first game, did great on 2nd game... So great that my score is now under review... Grrr.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Took a while to get through today's. Probably should've just played on medium, but I felt like a challenge. My mind feels like mush, though! I've been too busy in the last couple weeks, I guess. Of course, once I had finally beaten the second level, I felt like doing the last, so I did. Nowhere near my best score, but more than enough for Chadley.

I took the option for the int+2 today as the bonus, and bought the bonus prize from someone else. :)

ETA: Played again for giggles, and got 5 points lower than my all-time high score. Much better!

I'm concerned about what the scores will be for some of the games. Running through them, I'm most worried about Tubular Kiko Racing, Toy Box Escape (though that one might be manageable with a guide), Revel Roundup (I think there's a lot of luck involved with that one), Cave Glider (oh I forgot how much I hate that game, and how clunky it is...), Barf Boat, and AAA's Revenge. The rest, I'm fairly confident I'll be able to do (Lost City Lanes wasn't so bad after I actually gave it a good try after reading the guide), but the above mentioned ones...it'll be dicey, depending on how high the scores are.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:19 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm not putting too much effort into it. I might play the games the day before if I have time, just to see how well I can do, but if I can only beat Abi, I'm not going to stress about it.

I hope they offer other boosts besides intelligence for the day-of prizes.

Are they doing team games and double dares again? I hope I pay attention and don't miss out on any this time (because I'm sure TNT won't have fixed the UI to make it more obvious).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:05 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I finally finished Kou Jong to beat Chadley. When I clicked Chadley this morning, I was thinking it was Top Chop. Don't ask me why ('cause I do no know). After a long day dealing with OSHA stuff I finally had time to sit down and just power through it. I am just glad that beating Chadley did not require finishing any given level without bonus points. Kou Jong is not one of my saved favorites for a reason. Not necessarily hard, just time consuming.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:36 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Today is a double dare. Is there anything you need to do to accept the double dare besides challenging Chadley? I tried clicking on the words "double dare" but couldn't. I don't want to miss out on the DD for an easy game.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

From the FAQ:
Quote:
What is Double Dare?
Double Dare is a special challenge during Daily Dare. To take the Double Dare, you must challenge Chadley and match or beat his score. If you succeed, you'll receive Chadley’s and Abigail's prizes for the day! If you fail, however, you'll receive nothing

Today's is pretty easy to beat AAA. Just follow the guide, and you'll be able to get his score after beating level 5.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next