For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Festival of Neggs 2017

Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:41 pm

http://www.neopets.com/neggfest/y19/

Negg Themes: Nesting Negg / Nutty Negg / Willow Negg / Avocado Negg / Kari Negg

Day 1 Clue: Some Neggs are a little tricky to open...
Answer:
Mysterious Negg Cave

Day 2 Clue: Looking closely, Kreludor resembles a cracked Negg
Answer:
Lunar Temple

Day 3 Clue: With all the fog around, Topsi faced a lot of trouble looking for Neggs here
Answer:
Lutari Island

Day 4 Clue: How would a pre-historic Cybunny's painting look?
Answer:
Tyrannian Cave Painting

Day 5 Clue: When did the Festival of Neggs begin, you ask? I'm sure that information is archived somewhere.
Answer:
Altadorian Archives

Day 6 Clue: Topsi's absurd questions are being returned with vague answers.
Answer:
Igneot's Cavern

Day 7 Clue: There's nothing wrong with that Negg plushie!
Answer:
Donny's Toy Repair Shop

Day 8 Clue: How do you read ancient scriptures when they're all cracked and faded?
Answer:
Words of Antiquity (Qasala)

Day 9 Clue: Throw in a few coins into the water and you may just get what you wish for.
Answer:
Wishing Well OR The Faerie Caverns

Day 10 Clue: Topsi likes to posit that he can escape the castle.
Answer:
The Castle of Eliv Thade (Game)

Day 11 Clue: Topsi confused this game stall with the Festival of Neggs one.
Answer:
Kiko Pop (Game)

Day 12 Clue: Why not help Topsi select some nice gifts for his friends while you're here?
Answer:
Neopian Gift Shop

Day 13 Clue: Eyepatch? Check. Neckscarf? Check. Pegleg? Arrr!
Answer:
Krawk Island Fashions

Day 14 Clue: Say cheese! No, seriously. Which cheese do you want?!
Answer:
Cheeseroller (Game)

Day 15 Clue: And just when you thought that only Neggs were out of this world...
Answer:
Grundos Cafe

Prizes:
Negg Museum

Kari and Topsi Stamp

Egged Chair

Festival of Neggs Site Theme
Last edited by Daze on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:26 am, edited 20 times in total.

Re: Festival of Neggs 2017

Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:24 pm

Today:
Willowed Dress (wearable)
Cloudy Magical Negg (NC)

According to JN's guide, it looks like none of the prizes found so far for regular neggs are actually negg-related. O.o The NC ones...one of the 5 options is. Guess it'll be time to start doing some NC trading again soon.

I like the Cloudy Magical Negg, though! It's really neat!

Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:40 pm

Thanks for the info. I also selected Willow and managed to snag the book.

Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:53 pm

Going with the bandwagon, I also chose Willow and received the Book (Backyard Willow Dome Guide), and the Cloudy Magical Negg.

I agree with Pickles - The Cloudy Magical Negg is neat.

Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:08 pm

...Apparently Mr. P and I are the only ones that didn't get the book first try. He got the foreground.

I wish we got to keep the neggs we "find." I'd like them much more for my gallery than anything else they give out!

Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:11 pm

Pickles wrote:...Apparently Mr. P and I are the only ones that didn't get the book first try. He got the foreground.

I wish we got to keep the neggs we "find." I'd like them much more for my gallery than anything else they give out!

Bummer about the book. Maybe tomorrow?

I noticed that we can put the Mysterious Magical Neggs in our gallery. When I saw that, I wondered how Pickles would handle the dilemma :P

Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:01 am

P, would it be cheaper to give someone some of the dust for the NC neggs for them to give you the prize(s) inside (vs. trading for the prizes)? Of course there's no guarantee which prize we'd get... But I have an abundance of gift boxes, so I'd be willing to give you whatever I can from the NC component... I just don't have any NC to spend to actually get anything (and I assume the actual magical neggs are no-trade as they have been in the past). Even if we didn't get the negg items you wanted, we might get a prize you could trade for the negg items.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:05 am

I just tried to send my Magical Mystical Negg in a gift box and it says, "You do not have any NC items that can be sent.". Apparently, the special NC Neggs are indeed non-giftable :(

Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:32 pm

Thanks, y'all. Yeah, the NC neggs are no-trade items. They always have been. I've been dealing with this every year since they started doing NC neggs.

It's easiest for me to just trade for the prizes I need, rather than try to gamble the little NC I have left on other peoples' neggs, if that makes sense. It's usually not a huge problem, it just takes time. which has been tight lately. I've got so many boxes, and plenty of old NC items that I could use to trade, so I'll likely have quick luck with it.

If it doesn't have a negg in it, I don't need it for my gallery. That being said, so far, there's only one, and it shouldn't be hard to trade for. I'm not even going to worry about it until the first 5 days are over, because there'll probably be a bonus.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:39 am

Day 1. I chose Willow and received:Backyard Willow Dome Guide (book) and Cloudy Magical Negg (NC)
Day 2. Picked Willow and received the book again. :)

Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:27 pm

willow, Willow Fence Foreground

Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:21 pm

Day 2: Willow - Willow Fence Foreground

Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:02 pm

Willow again, and also, the Willow Fence Foreground. Hopefully 3rd time's the charm on the book?

Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:57 am

Day 3: Willow - Willowed Dress

Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:50 am

Same as Daze today.
Topic locked