Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily Dare 2017
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:05 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, Pickles! Hopefully I can figure out how to do a team challenge properly before we get one...

So far the scores have been easy, but I guess I should maybe practice Kiko WWRing and at least get a baseline score so I know who to challenge tomorrow.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:01 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I could not beat AAA today. I did manage to beat Chadley, though :P

Yes, generally easy, except for the mental block I managed to get on level 5. Not sure why. I did realize my laptop keyboard was not so great since the space bar is sort of non-responsive/semi-functional. Changing keyboards was the trick for me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:56 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I managed a 652 in Kiko tubular racing yesterday. Anyone need a partner to challenge Chadley? If so, send me a challenge!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:52 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Ugh. My high on this one is 388. I'm game for Chadley, though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If you're having some trouble with this one, read through JN's guide. It actually helped me improve my score significantly (by a couple hundred points), even though I was already able to get over Chadley's score. Mr. P's previous high score was in the low 300's, and after a couple runs through after reading the guide, he actually sent a better score than I had for the challenge. (Okay, so maybe I played a couple more times and improved my high score again after that, as it was kinda embarrassing to have sent a adequate but not great score, and then listen to him grump about how he couldn't do this game and then he was fine...)

One tip that isn't on the guide: when you finish the first level, get your kiko to the right of the screen - the first umbrella shield power up is on the right at the start of level 2. :)

ETA: Or, if you want to play several times, apparently this works:
http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=158613402 wrote:
to get the score of 400
on start just hold both left and right arrow keys continuously for the duration of each stage.
after the 3 stages if you are still alive you should have enough points to get the magic 400.
arrows are irrelevant and you just need to avoid enough whirlpools to stay alive.
this method may take a few games to get the score, but in the end it will work.
good luck beating score
:lol:

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:17 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Pickles wrote:
ETA: Or, if you want to play several times, apparently this works:
http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=158613402 wrote:
to get the score of 400
on start just hold both left and right arrow keys continuously for the duration of each stage.
after the 3 stages if you are still alive you should have enough points to get the magic 400.
arrows are irrelevant and you just need to avoid enough whirlpools to stay alive.
this method may take a few games to get the score, but in the end it will work.
good luck beating score
:lol:

I was easily beating 400 with a little effort. For fun, I tried the above and it actually works. 438 on 3rd try.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:05 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Blue, I accepted your challenge and beat the score (only a 438, but I was barely trying - I lost my last two lives in short succession due to arrows on the third level).

It says you still need to beat the challenge, but you've got 51 hours to do so. I hope you were able to get the same-day prize! My apologies if you missed out on it...

Edit: Woot, Blue managed to complete the challenge before midnight! Day 5 was ridiculously easy; my high score was 10x Chadley's... Maybe it'll get harder once AAA takes over (if he can wrest back control from his nefarious "friend, that is...).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:45 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Woot indeed :) Thanks, Partner.

Finished today's with a less than spectacular score, but handily beat Chadley. Good 'nuf for a busy day :P

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:04 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Today's was no sweat, either. My high score is in the 8000's.

Abigail's team challenge prize was a battledome single-use 15-icon weapon. It's skyrocketed from 120k to over 500k (or more) since yesterday. Today's Abigail's prize was also a battledome weapon, a 9-icon multi-use, and it's already running around 50k. I have the distinct feeling that beating Chadley is getting us gypped. Hopefully there'll be some reasonably good weapon as a final prize for gold?

On a side note, Chadley's scores have been pretty pathetic so far, even compared to last year. Previously, we've needed up to a 1400/1500 in BBB (for a GMC, it was 925, but that was expected to be for everyone, not just those after AAA/Chadley), and a 650 in Mop'n'Bop, and a 800 for Kou-Jong. I miss when the DD was actually a challenge for most of the games, not just some, and even then...yeah. :( It's like Siniri said, much effort hasn't been required.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:28 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Today was only challenging because I kept hyper-focusing on Chadley's score and stressing myself out. Once I calmed down and took breaks between levels, focusing on beating each level rather than trying to score high on them (that works for the first couple, but not so much on the later ones...), it was easy. I would have gotten close to double Chadley's score had I not accidentally right-clicked on a later level - if you do that, you have to click "close" on a microwindow before you can click on any more parachutes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:47 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

For some reason, Cooty Drop did not pause between levels for me. It would go immediately from one level to the next. This threw me off for a few games, but once I accepted that it is what it is, I did well enough to beat Chadley.

Since the Abi prizes seem to be so much higher value than Chadley's, hopefully the final prize for gold will be worthwhile... and we actually get it :P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cooty Wars wasn't much of a problem for me, but then, I actually like it, and have gotten a trophy for it before. I guess I could play it again and get a better score for it, but I haven't had the time yet. Today's wasn't a problem, either, since in order to get an avatar score for it, I have scored 5x + Chadley's score on it before. Just read through JN's guide before you get started, so you know which power-ups are worthwhile and which to avoid. There are a NUMBER of things you can type in for this game, too (listed at the bottom of the guide). "Destroy" is quite amusing. QUITE amusing. ;)

ETA: In case I don't get on before y'all play tomorrow's, JN's guide is very helpful for it. I'm not sure what AAA's score will be, but I imagine it won't be too bad.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:23 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Today's was indeed easy enough (Korbats Lab). I do not remember using "destroy" before, and I agree - it's very amusing ;)

Time to gripe... Today's prizes are again "upside down". The Mad Scientists Cookies [sic] earned beating Chadley are going for about 12k and the book earned by beating Abi is around 65k. Hopefully, this will turn around, but I doubt it.

Thanks for the tip, P. I will definitely need to go and visit the guide for tomorrow's game. I do not remember every playing it, but I clearly have since my high score is 57,783... 74,740

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The day/date prize (cookies) being 12k isn't surprising, as there's the option for +2 defense. However, the Abi prize being so expensive is kinda silly, since today is a double dare, so everyone that beats a challenge gets it... o_O

I suspect that your high score will be plenty high enough for tomorrow, but who knows, maybe they'll throw us for a loop? (I doubt it.)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:04 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Today's was certainly easy. I didn't actually play it out after a certain point, though, because it gets tedious and it was a long day - which will be followed by an even longer day tomorrow. Ugh. Wed. should be better (then again, today wasn't supposed to be bad...).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next