Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Charity Corner 2017
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:05 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2017/

There are 5 categories of items this year.

Books
Coffee and Beverages
Food
Furniture and Gardening
Gifts

FAQs are up.

How long will the Charity Corner Community Hall be available?

The Charity Corner will start at on February 2nd and will stay open until 11:59:59 PM NST on February 9th.

Do I get anything for donating neopoint items?

Yes! You will be rewarded by Granny for every set of 5 items that you donate. The rarity of the items you donate reflect the rarity of the item you will receive in return. At the end of the event, you’ll receive a trophy and final bonus prizes based on how generous you were!

Reward ranges::
r1-69
r70-79
r80-89
r90-99

TIP: Donate items within the same rarity range, as you will be awarded an item from one of these ranges based on the lowest rarity item you donated.

Last edited by Daze on Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Charity Corner 2017
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:47 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Holy cow. This was announced RIGHT AFTER I got off for the afternoon. Of course, everything has spiked like crazy. At least I've got a pretty good store of items from battling and general hoarding. Sigh. Time to get donating...

...and time to start doing Wise Old King again, and other things that have the chance of giving out high value items...

ETA: After going through all the books I've accrued, I donated 104 times...that's not counting the books that I read to my primary pet (which was quite a few - possibly between 30-40, maybe more...I didn't count).
Items of note:
Faerie Nimmo Morphing Potion
Blue Quiggle Morphing Potion
Spotted Scorchio Morphing Potion
Marillis Harbane
Wand of Ultranova (okay, it's not worth much, but it's pretty...)

One category down, several more to go...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Last edited by Pickles on Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:57 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Yep, the prices on some items are ridiculous. CC had been out 2 hours before I found out and the market had already exploded!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Finished up Gifts and brought my total up to 142. Anything that's under the "gift" category in your SDB, but has "none" listed under "Type" will not work.

Also finished up Furniture and Gardening and brought my total up to 238. I had 255 of those Starry Biscuit Jars to go through, whew!

Items of note:
Fire Flail
Red Kacheek Morphing Potion
Robo Pull Along Ixi
Ghost Evil Fuzzle
Pirate Wocky Morphing Potion
Blue Ruki Morphing Potion
Knitted Chia Plushie
Swamp Gas Ogrin Morphing Potion
Quiguki Prom Queen

Still have "Food" and "Coffee and Beverages" to go...

That'll include the following:
Starry Crunch - 269
Starry Cookie Pile - 266
Space Faerie Cupcake - 325
Space Faerie Cereal - 328
Triple Tier Space Faerie Cake - 298
Space Fungus Sundae - 253

...those alone will be worth another 347 or so.

Looking at the overall on my SDB: Category: Food | Items: 1,689 | Qty: 8,374
Thank goodness probably half of those are retired or special....

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:27 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Useful Items for getting r90's:

Festive Green and Yellow Negg Basket/Festive Blue and Pink Negg Basket/Festive Purple and Yellow Negg Basket

I opened 9 baskets (3 items per basket):

18 out of 27 items were r90's.
4 food/9 books (and 5 toys not usable for this CC).

Pawkeet Pinata
I opened 16 Pinatas (3 items per pinata):

11 out of 16 pinatas had r90's (plus an additonal 2 items per pinata).

6 Jelly Bean Pirate Chest/ 5 Candy Pirate Earrings

Discovered Treasure Chest
I opened 7 and only 1 had a r90 book. (1 item per chest)

~~~~

I am also going through my SDB and haven't bought any items yet.

I don't have many r90 items, (* Note to self - stock up on r90s for future CCs!), but have managed to get some notable items:

Maraquan Techo Morphing Potion
Snow Peophin Morphing Potion
Woodland Peophin Morphing Potion
Green Skeith Morphing Potion
Pumpkin Club
Fiery Throwing Marble
Lost City of Phorofor Stamp
Faerie Slorg Stamp
Shenkuu Helmet Stamp
Tylix Plushie
Yellow Ramosan T-Shirt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:00 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I spent most of yesterday buying cheap items (20-30nps each) to make sure I'd have enough items to donate to reach my goal. Whew! It took a while, and ironically enough, I kept getting RE's that almost (if not completely) paid for all the purchases I made...mostly because I got one of the "Bank Error - reset interest" ones.

Now it's time to start going through them, as well as all the food items that are just hanging in my SDB.

JN's Guide has a list of dailies, battledome challengers, etc, that give qualifying R90+'s. I think they've got it pretty well covered. Except they left out that some of the wheels give out prizes, too...like the WoMon, which can give out R90+ foods.
I am actually going to change up who I battle for items for the next few days, thanks to their guide, and I totally only just now realized that the Brightvale Scrolls, which are battledome items, and thus I dismissed as not possible to use, apparently work. I'm kinda kicking myself for that, and celebrating at the same time. Kicking myself, because I have almost 900 of them, and thus could've purchased a LOT FEWER items yesterday, but celebrating, because that's another how many shots at rare stamps for avvies?

ETA: Well, it's essentially over (or will be in the next few hours). Apparently there's a new avvie, but if you got the avvie last time (in 2015), this one isn't working. Hopefully they'll award it post-event, since I can't stay up any later tonight to worry about it. I think with as many times as I donated, across all 7/8 days, I should qualify, but I guess we'll see.

Also, I spent more than half of what I had in my bank, buying things. Sigh. Hopefully some of the more expensive R90+ items I ended up with will start to sell soon, but while my bank account is hurting, I'm not really wanting to take super undercut offers on them, either. And goodness only knows how long it'll take to sell the morphing potions (which is what most of the R99 items I ended up with are). Ah well. Some day I'll learn, I shouldn't gamble on these things, I should just sell whatever I've got in my SDB and enjoy the profits from it. (This is why I stay away from Vegas in real life!)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:31 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

JN left off one place to get R90+: the healing springs sells icy snowballs for 20 NP. Unfortunately, the BD was not a category this time, but in case it ever is in a future CC, it's worth investing in (or you can have some of my stockpile).

Time to go trade in some books - and apparently some Brightvale scrolls (the only category I have left). Too bad my SDB was depleted thanks to JS's incompetence... but I've been stockpiling like crazy since June, and I've managed 381 donations so far. I'd love to reach 500, but it's already past bedtime.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:59 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I managaed 1000 donations. Just over 500 from SDB and the rest was cheap items under 300 nps.

This is a new avatar, but it seems to be glitched and is not awarding it to players that got the 2015 avatar. Hopefully this will be rectified soon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:37 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I ended with 554 donations. I could have had four times as many were it not for the aforementioned SDB depletion. Oh, well, doesn't matter anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Trophy neomails have gone out...except that I got two...and two sets of all the prizes, including the NC. I was never able to get the avatar, either, despite having donated 2528 times. I've submitted a ticket, so who knows what will happen...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:36 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I received:
Construction Safety Vest

Construction Helmet

200NC

Silver Trophy

It seems TNT are now working on the avatar issue. People are reporting that the 'Winter Charity Corner' avatar is being removed from accounts. Hopefully this means that the avatar will properly be awarded very soon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

From this week's editorial (which is already live, even if the news hasn't been updated!):
Quote:
*Tries to find a cookie to give to CQ* Oh, wait! Granny took all my cookies :o There are none left :( Atleast it was for a good cause! :) Thank you TNT for organising another Charity Corner! I very much enjoyed participating in it :D Unfortunately it seems something's gone awry when handing out the avatars to those of us who already had the Fall CC avvie. I can't imagine Granny not wanting to reward us after having put in all that work gathering these donation items. Could you please send her an urgent message asking her to award us our avatars? 0:-) Thank you! :* ~ 1_charlotte_1
Well then you've already given me plenty! Hellooooo, I was in charge of the food donations for a reason guys! Anywho, we're looking into this, so just be patient with us! Avatars are still a-comin'.

I received 10k, the same two items as Daze plus the one below, 250NC, and a Gold trophy (which is ironically enough placed after the last CC trophy, thus interrupting my three silver trophies, but, oh well):

ImageHammer Fence Foreground

Well, except that I got double everything. I discarded the doubled items, but I'm not sure what to do about the extra 10k and 250NC. Waiting to hear back on that from my ticket. I think I remember that the 10k should be "discarded" to the wishing well, but...I'm not 100% positive on that so I'm waiting on it for now.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:31 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Hmm. I received nothing. Well, to be fair, I did not participate at all in the CC this year so it makes complete sense :P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:44 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Something Has Happened!
ImageYou are now eligible to use 'Winter Charity Corner' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Hooray!! It's fixed! :)

ETA: Ticket response already (well, actually 2 hours ago, but yeah):
Quote:
Granny Hopbobbin got so overwhelmed by your generosity that she had trouble keeping track of who donated when! So, she decided to be generous back and made sure that everyone who got at least a bronze Charity Corner trophy got the new avatar as a reward. She might also have a few of you lucky donators a prize more than once. Please delete duplicates but don't stress out over them.
Any extra NC you can purchase and discard an item.
Thank you very much!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:50 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I got a bronze trophy and just the construction helmet. Oh, and only 2k NP and 150 NC. That gave me enough NC to buy 2 more FQ cookies without having any leftover.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]