For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Re: Food Club [Split 2]

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:36 pm

I'm not happy about 10-betting Goo, but I'm doing it, because I'm not sure which of the others to safety on, and knowing my luck, if I picked one, it'd be the wrong one.

System suggested going even heavier on the Ned/Buck switch out, but I wanted to cover a little bit more in terms of safeties for Scurvy.

Goo x (Ned, Buck)
Goo x Bonnie x (Ned, Buck)
Goo x (Peg, Tail) x Scurvy
(All in SW) x Goo x Bonnie x Scurvy

Could pull out the Orvinn and Black SW ones, and replace with Stripe x Goo x Bonnie x (Ned, Buck) or Stripe x Goo x (Ned, Buck), which, if Ned or Buck wins have a chance of netting a lot higher pays, but that's up to you. :)

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:20 pm

I decided to place some bets today and ended up with a slightly different set:

Goo x (Ned, Buck, Scurvy)
Goo x Scurvy x (all in SW; Bonnie, Tail, Peg)

Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:22 am

18:10 on the Goo x Buck.

Wish I'd gone with the second alternate I listed, of Stripe x Goo x Buck. That would've given me an extra 36! Ah well, a win is still a win!

ETA: Playing a bit more risky today. Any double-upsets, and I bust. (Or if I covered a single upset incorrectly.) Here's hoping!

Luck x Goo x Tail
Fair x Goo x Capn
Buck x Fair x Bonnie x Tail
(Peg, Scurvy, Ned) x Fair x Goo x Tail
Buck x Fair x Goo x (All in HC) x Tail

ETA: Woot! 80:10!! Playing a bit risky paid off today!

Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:22 am

Congrats, P! I did not get my bets in on time. Ah well.. next time :)

Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:55 am

Bummer, Blue! I was hoping you'd get to share in that. If I'd actually have followed fully, I'd've had an additional 64:10...but, I didn't, so I didn't. Ah well. Still not complaining about the 80:10!

Today is a currently a special day (check the odds on Bonnie to make sure they're 10 or greater before betting - it's currently 11):
(Ed, Ned, Bonnie)
Goo x (Capn, Stripe, Black)
Goo x Scurvy x (All in HH)

My set:
(Puff, Orvinn) x Goo x Scurvy
Peg x (Bonnie, Ed) x Scurvy
Peg x Goo x (Stripe, Black)
Peg x Goo x Scurvy x (all in HH)

ETA: 12:10 on the Orvinn safety. Would've gotten a 20:10 if you went with the "special" set!

ETA2:

Fast bets today, barely had time to look at them:

Ned x (Puff, Bonnie)
Young x Puff
(All in SW) x Young x Bonnie
Fair x Young x (Tail, Orvinn, Scurvy) x Bonnie

ETA: Well, I wish I'd gone with my minor hunch and 10-bet Orvinn (but I didn't have time to really think that through), but I'm still glad I managed to cover the double upset with Ned and Puff! Yeah for 24:10!

Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:13 am

Meh. Today looks pretty bleh. There's not enough bets to do a lot with multiple boosters, unless you're willing to sacrifice safeties.

Bonnie x (Ned, Buck)
Goo x Ned
Goo x (All in Lagoon; Tail, Scurvy, Ed) x Buck

You could replace the Bonnie x Ned and the Tail, Scurvy, and Ed bets with Goo x (All in Lagoon) x Black x Buck for a less diverse but more booster-ful set.

ETA: 26:10 on the Goo x Ned safety. Glad I pulled that one up!

ETA2:
Today's set:
Ned x Buck x Goo
Fran x Orvinn x Goo
Fran x Buck x (Bonnie, Black, Stripe)
Fran x Buck x (All in HC) x Goo
Peg x Fran x Buck x Goo

I'd recommend dropping the bet with Peg, and putting in a Fran x Scurvy x Goo as a safety. The Peg one is pretty out there; I included it because it's pretty high on the list and I figured if it hits, it'd be worth a laugh.

ETA: Aaaaand double upset of Young and Bonnie busted me. Ah well.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:21 pm

Yeah, totally didn't have time to bet yesterday, since we were out almost all day. Today's bets I'm going to have to slip in last minute when the gates reopen, as I just missed the time frame. They feel odd, but, who knows?

(Stuff, Capn) x Goo
Luck x (Stuff, Capn) x Goo
(All in TI) x Ed x Goo
Luck x Ed x Young
Ed x Young

ETA: 12:10 yesterday.

Here's my bets for today. Fran look super strong, but he's way over on wins, and Stuff's under...so I'm putting in a couple Stuff safeties. Hunches, and all.

Stuff x (Goo, Scurvy)
Fran x Goo x (Ed, Young)
Fran x Scurvy x (Buck, Ed)
Fran x (All in L) x Goo x Buck

Could substitute the Stuff safeties with Fran x Tail x Goo x Ed and Fran x Tail x Scurvy x Buck.

Also, I botched my bets, and ended up with a Fran x Stripe x Scurvy x Buck, instead of Fran x Scurvy x Buck when I forgot to uncheck an arena...sigh.

ETA: Busted yesterday on account of the double 13's upset. Yeah, never would've seen THAT one coming!

Today's bets (mostly followed straight, cause I'm tired):

Ed x (All in HC) x Luck
Ed x Fair
Fran x Ed x (Goo, Ned) x Luck
Fran x (Ned, Puff) x Luck
Squire x Ed x Goo x Luck

Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:16 pm

Had a few minutes for bets today. A relatively safe set (though still a nearly 40% chance of busting):

P(24:10-80:10) = 61%

Bets:
Luck x (Buck, Tail) x Scurvy
Luck x (Buck, Tail) x Goo x (all in HH)

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:27 pm

Sorry I haven't been posting, I've hardly had time to get my own bets in if even that. I've busted a lot lately, too, so probably no loss.

However, for those that have time to sneak them in, today has a set that can't lose:

(Squire, Stripe, Capn)
Goo x (Ned, Stuff, Young)
Goo x Buck x (All in HH)
Topic locked