For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Re: Battleground of the Obelisk [Split 8]

Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:38 pm

Siniri wrote:Joined. It's the perfect weather for some hot cocoa.

Good grief! Hot Cocoa? No. No, and No. Iced Tea is much more like it. Icy cold water (with lemon) is good, too. Iced anything, really. It is 100°F outside right now here. It got up to 106°F yesterday! Bleargh.

Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:45 pm

Wow, Blue, that's pretty hot! When I went for my run this morning, Mr. P warned me that it was "cool" outside. It turned out to be rather chilly for shorts and a t-shirt, at 56°F! It's the first time we've had anything remotely cool. Of course, it's back in the 70's now, and will be back in the 80's in the next few days. But yeah...definitely not cold enough for hot cocoa here, either. ;)

Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:45 pm

Our temperature fluctuates by 30 degrees in a single day at this time of year. It was in the 80s a few days ago, but this morning when I turned on my windshield wipers to remove the heavy morning dew, they scraped across ice instead! Not cool (I mean, literally cool, but figuratively speaking not so much...). The first frost is not supposed to ever arrive here before my birthday. I hope farmers aren't too affected by the early frost; we've already had too many hits to our ag economy this year (blueberries and peaches hit by early flowering + a seasonably late frost, many crops failed due to a too-wet June/July, then pecans were decimated by Irma... and we're in a drought again). Anyway, not happy that winter came early. It's actually supposedly going to be a mild one like last year's.

Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:54 pm

We can see a 45°F-plus swing in a single day, but 20-30 is much more typical. Our crops of wine grapes took a beating recently. Far too hot, and they withered on the vine. Literally. Avocados may be a problem this year, too.

Thankfully, it projected to be only 91°F today.

I do not miss scraping ice off of my windows. Nor do I miss pushing snow off of my car, the sidewalk, driveway, or anywhere else for that matter.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:45 pm

*cough* Back on topic, I did my battling today. Weekend is going to be crazy, so I wanted to get it out of the way.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:13 pm

Erm... yes. Back on topic... I just finished battling today as well. If I have time this weekend, I may do more, but my weekend is going to be crazy busy as well.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:27 am

Wahoo! We won! I took the FQR boon, and the scratch card one, and scratched the 11 cards I had stocked up, whew!

ETA: Opened a cookie, and of course, the first quest I get is a dark faerie, so I don't need to refresh.

Edit: A second dark faerie quest on first try. Ah well.
Last edited by Pickles on Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:53 am

Hmm. Would love to use a cookie, but since I may not get to use it on Sat., it seems like a waste. Guess I'll go with the stock boon instead.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:39 am

Realised I didn't actually have a FQC. D'oh! I went with the Black Market Boon, which actually might be better nps wise, as it is available for 1/2 price day.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:47 pm

Whups. I did not even check this yesterday. My list of stocks has dwindled lately, so I went with the stock boon this week.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:59 am

I missed stocks last night; I fell asleep while trying to go to the Expellibox page (the second item in my "quickest Neopets dailies" list. Glad I didn't spend the NC on a cookie!

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:10 pm

No 10NP stocks this morning. Considering that I may not check Neopets later today, I settled for an 11NP stock :)

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:02 pm

The three refreshes I used were pretty much worthless, sigh.

Seekers, Order, Awakened

I have no preference, as the odds are, I will not be battling this weekend.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:57 am

I have some friends who need Seekers, so I joined them, but one of the big teams joined Awakened and the other joined Order.

Should be interesting, at any rate...

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:52 am

Bah. I missed the sign-ups this week. Good luck all!
Topic locked