Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Features in Neopia
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Here's hoping for something exciting! The timing is a bit weird, though, with Halloween, T-day, and Christmas all in the next couple months. Who knows?

I stocked up on codestones before they skyrocket, though, just in case. (I'd love to see another Charity corner, though, preferably with food...)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:19 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

UPDATE ON BATTLEDOME

Using 2 player you can see the new and as yet, unfinished arena.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:59 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Old TNT (Snarkie, Mr. Insane, Dirigibles, Viola, maybe others) will be having an "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit on November 6th at 3pm NST. (source)

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

MORE UPDATES ON BATTLEDOME
Editorial wrote:
Recently battlers have noticed a new blank arena after the premium cosmic dome. This has caused a lot of speculation and excitement on the battledome chat. Is this just some sort of glitch, or is this the first sign of a new update/arena/war/something? ~ piledriver
Hmm... A new dome you say? It's almost like someone has been working on something new... Very interesting indeed...

Also, general site info:
Editorial wrote:
Hi CQ, a little while ago you said something about making HTML 5 more prominent on here and I was just wondering; do you guys plan on changing the Premium Space Faerie Scratch Cards to HTML 5 as well? It's kinda frustrating not being able to scratch them when I'm on my mobile. ~ dukula
Hi! So the plan is to eventually make everything not available on mobile now HTML5. Emphasis on the word eventually though - there is a loooot on this site and it is a very lengthy process. Our focus will definitely be on the biggest and most used pieces of the site first though, so hang tight for a while.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:52 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

More updates to the Forgotton Graveyard Arena.

Not completely ready yet, the name still has to be changed and it needs a shield icon.

Interestingly enough the background is very similar to the Spooky Food Eating Contest.
Is TNT giving us a clue, or is this just a case of recycling old art.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Big news on the Battledome:

Editorial wrote:
Frisbee tosses giant holiday cookie! Let's say an event is coming to the battledome, will Neopians be given advanced warning to train their pets? ~ johnnysslorg
Consider this your advance warning :) I don't have a timeline yet, as we had to focus on the recurring site events that go on this time of year! But nonetheless, as y'all know, something may or may not be in the works...

*restocks on codestones up to 20 of each from 32 total for a ouch of 2.2 mil*
*watches codestone prices go through the roof*
Good thing I've been training for years now...

Also, random tidbit just to see it's official:
Editorial wrote:
The customisation and games for Neopets always uses flashplayer and my closet never works to be able to update my pets clothing. But flashplayer is kinda outdated technology. Do you think Neopets will ever upgrade to something better? ~ silly_mistake
That's the plan! Eventually, it'll all be HTML5, but balancing resources between regular site content, developing events both new and recurring, and fixing issues that pop up is tough, so it's a slow process. Hang tight - some day flash on Neopets will be a thing of the past!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:12 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

That second answer is ridiculously optimistic. Has JS converted anything from Flash yet? By the time they get around to it, I fear Neopets won't be around anymore, given the current rate of attrition due to unfair freezings, hackings, and general fed-up-ness.

I hope I get Grainne back before the new year... though I've missed nearly 6 months of training her. *sigh*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:02 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Neofriends Online has come out of Beta!!

As well as showing your friends online, it now comes with a Neomail button along side each name.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wow! That's pretty cool. I haven't actually seen any neofriends showing as online in a while. I wonder if it's working right? It's 7:20am NST, and I've got both Siniri and Blue showing up...

ETA: I should add, that while I can see y'all, even if it's correct, y'all shouldn't be able to see me, 'cause I'm in "stealth" mode...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:23 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Pickles, it was actually recommended to me for account security reasons to not be in stealth mode - that way if you're having trouble logging in and NFs are around, they can let you know when your account was last active - which could help you realize whether it's compromised (and if you have a side that's NFs with your main, you can do that yourself). And that information might help you get it frozen for protection that smidge faster.

I'm the queen of a million tabs, and I leave my computer on a lot, so I may appear online far more often than I actually am...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:52 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

TNT are now on Instagram New Instagram Page posted on Neopets Message Board.

@NeopetsOfficialAccount

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
Pickles, it was actually recommended to me for account security reasons to not be in stealth mode - that way if you're having trouble logging in and NFs are around, they can let you know when your account was last active - which could help you realize whether it's compromised (and if you have a side that's NFs with your main, you can do that yourself). And that information might help you get it frozen for protection that smidge faster.

That is a good idea. Now I just have to remember how to turn stealth mode off, hah! (And I leave my computer on a lot, too, but I think it's based on your last actual page load or something, IIRC).

Daze wrote:
TNT are now on Instagram New Instagram Page posted on Neopets Message Board.

@NeopetsOfficialAccount
So this amuses me a little. They've had a FB page, and a Twitter account, too, haven't they? Are they even updating those? If not, why start Instagram? (Not that I have Twitter or Instagram, and I don't follow any "businesses" on FB anyways.)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:41 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

They do occasionally update the FB page, and if you ever have a ticket stuck in limbo, you can send a message on FB with the ticket number, and they'll poke the support team to take care of it.

(Supposedly they've fixed the ticket system so that new tickets are not stuck in limbo anymore, so it's recommended that if you have one, you close it and open a new one - if you don't close the old one, support will just close the newest as a duplicate but ignore the old one.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:09 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So last week it was the Neofriends...this week, it's apparently the Caption Contest!!! :o :o

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:06 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

It was a real surprise to see the CC back, but by the looks of it, nothing has changed.

I thought TNT (JS) were going to work on a way to stop the cheating (botting) of the votes. Just by removing how many votes a person has received would help.

It also seems that something went awry with this competition, the entries were picked and uploaded in about 4 hours and well before the News was released stating that the comp was back.

Good luck to us for upcoming contests!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next