Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Features in Neopia
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:53 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Ooh. Good to know. Now to remember this on September 24th...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:43 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I set a Google calendar reminder... :oops:

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:56 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
I set a Google calendar reminder... :oops:

erm... I put it in my work Outlook calendar (as a private event) :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:07 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Y'all are funny. :hug: However, if my pets didn't have birthdays right now, I'm sure I'd've done the same.

Apparently they've fixed the Lottery avvie so that it now awards the avvie to everyone that won, not just the first person on the list. If you've won and your name is on the Lottery Page, go there and you'll receive the avvie.

...I guess I need to start investing in the lottery now.

In case anyone is interested (and lazy), JN's Guide has a wonderful random lottery ticket generator, which generates 20 random (unique) different sets of numbers, and then lets you click on a link to buy each of them. AKA, the lazy way of doing the lottery. 8)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:49 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Birthday: 24th September (Y6) BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Clicking on MyPet from my lookup gave me a free cupcake!

TBT wrote:
Nice Choice!

MyPet has received:

Starry Blue Birthday Cupcake

Go forth and enjoy your day, MyPet! Happy birthday!

And of course, depositing at the bank with MyPet active...

The Neopets Team wrote:
Dear Blue,

You are now eligible to use 'Good Day at the Bank' as an avatar on the Neoboards.

Yours sincerely,
The Neopets Team

Woot!

Thanks P!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:25 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Just adding a few things that have happened over the last week:

'That's Not Rubbish' Avatar that was released but was glitched has been re-released and is working correctly.
Solution: Not fully understood, but it seems that a short window of time (or maybe a few short windows) and picking up a valuable item (these items be be released especially for the avatar).
Items such as: Blue Paint Brush, Silver Paint Brush, Apple Core, Mortog, Bottled Faeries.
Time seems to be around 10pm - 10.20 pm NST.
Avatar Chat is still working on the correct solution.

Brain Tree Quest Avatar: Awarded to the top 50 positions at trophy time. (Better to try at start of month)
Be aware that the items needed have inflated at a crazy pace.

Paint Brush Clothes can now be deleted from your closet. You can chose how many of each item you want to delete.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The avvies...well, if it is at that absurd hour of the night, I won't be staying up for it for the rubbish one. Meh.
Not surprised things have inflated. Good thing I didn't dump all my spooky foods at the CC this year.

As for the paint brush clothes being able to be removed from closets, that is WONDERFUL. <deletes all the stuff I KNOW I'll never use.>
ETA: Holy cow. I had *14* plain Aisha Collars. *14*
I deleted somewhere between 80-100 items. I forgot to check before I started, but my closet is MUCH happier now.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:59 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Another new avatar. Kiss the Mortog gets a second avatar. Be in the top 50 at trophy time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:55 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Not quite here yet... But while checking to see if JN had anything about the new plot step yet, I saw this:

Quote:
The release date for the upcoming mobile Neopet app, Legends and Letters, has been confirmed! It will be released for iOS and Android devices on January 17th.

Sounds fun! I have a feeling there will never be new levels in Ghoul Keepers - which is fine. I think I got all the achievements, anyway. They'd have to make a lot of new levels to hit all the lands.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Here's the official announcement from the news:
Quote:
Hey Neopians! *BIG NEWS* We’ve been getting a lot of questions about our latest projects; we hear you and really love your excitement! We want to give you the latest, so pull up a chair, grab your popcorn smoothie, and perk your ears because we got some news for ya. Let’s talk Legends & Letters... you have all heard about the new app launching soon, get excited for the latest Neopets game to hit the app stores in the Month of Sleeping, January 17th to be exact. We’ve been working on polishing the app and making it super awesome for you guys, so stay tuned! Also, the Neopets.com mobile version of the site is on its way! We’re going to have it in your hands by the Summer of 2019 (haha get it? In your hands? It’s a mobile version…anyway)! Finally, there is no need to worry about Flash no longer being supported on browsers. The site we all know and love is not going to disappear! Thank you for all your support and we appreciate all your patience while our team works hard to make these amazing new products! Also, make sure you check out this week’s editorial for a special note from Scrappy!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:11 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Apparently there was a press release today with more info (or maybe just a belated article about what we already know?). Newsweek article about it here (ignore the misleading headline).

I really need to make submitting a new ticket a priority. After my ANW submission... (January 2nd).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:23 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I saw that being discussed on the boards, it is a terrible article. I had assumed that Newsweek was a more legit source of information, but I will now take any article on that site with a pinch of salt.

The guy that wrote it actually played Neopets, so you would think he would get the information correct. I saw at least 1 spelling error as well. The penultimate sentence; .......I’m hoping that this new app is a complete wipe of the game.

What a crock of *dung*. He admits to not playing for 5 years but can just throw out a very ill-informed article. If he actually played now, he would know that Neopets is nowhere near being an app only game and there is no chance that JS would just wiped thousands of accounts. That would certainly be the death-knell.

I really can't decide what writing is worse, the Plot Comic or that article.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:18 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Daze wrote:
I really can't decide what writing is worse, the Plot Comic or that article.

My vote is for the article. It was awful. Not sure about when any of you read it, but there was - smack dab in the middle - an advert for a strawberry flavored vape device. That was the capper for me. Putting a vape ad with kid flavors in the middle of an article relating to a "kids" game. That was the worst.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:27 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, websites don't pick which ads get shown. I use an ad-blocker so saw no ads on it. Sorry for the bad article; I saw the headline, and then only skimmed to see the actual quotes from JS to understand what was going on (since the headline was bad, I was only going to believe the actual quotes).

Not sure where the typo is in that sentence, Daze. In American (slang), it's an orthographically correct sentence ("wipe" meaning he wants the game completely erased). It's nonsensical, of course, because why would they develop a new format just to erase the game? And it's rude. If you don't want your Neopets anymore, they're not real. Feed them if you care about their imaginary health. Auto-freeze and let your account be purged. But don't decide that you on the one hand care about your pets to see them imaginary-suffer, and yet don't care enough about them to actually do anything about their imaginary suffering yourself, and so therefore conclude that the game should be erased from existence for all those who still enjoy it. Ugh.

Again, my apologies for the article. So this is the same news as before, just spun in a completely different (inaccurate) light?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:17 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Siniri wrote:
Again, my apologies for the article. So this is the same news as before, just spun in a completely different (inaccurate) light?

Ohh, don't apologise Siniri. I had already read it, but even if I hadn't, it is good to know what is being said outside of the Neopets 'four walls'. It is also good to get that article into PPT history for future reference.

It is me that needs to appologise for the confusion, the spelling mistake wasn't in the sentence that I quoted, (we use 'wipe' here in Australia in the same context). That was bad sentence structure on my behalf.

I actually meant that to be a follow on from the previous sentence. The guy played Neopets, but actually typed Faerie Queene. A simple mistake, yes, but it irked me due to the overall crappiness of the article.

Sorry Blue, like Siniri, I use ABP and didn't see any ads. I suppose if you are looking at the article on your phone, you probably would be bombarded with ads.

~~~~~
LEGENDS & LETTERS UPDATE

16th January

Hey Neopians, update here on the HUGE release of our new Neopets app, Legends & Letters! To make sure that this game is the best it can be for you guys, we've decided to adjust our release plan a bit. January 17th will only release in certain locations while we continue to make adjustments and improvements based on feedback. Within the next few weeks we will open it up to more locations before our global launch in late February! We are very eager to get this out to you all and just need to spend a little more time on making this as amazing as you guys are expecting it to be. Thanks for your continual patience and support!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next