Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily Dare 2016
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:11 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Aww that stinks Siniri. I hope you can get the issue sorted out.

I managed to get the score, I can't believe it!!! I took the +2 defence and bought the prize (another weapon!)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:16 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

It worked for a bit, but I kept lasting 15-16 seconds. After a break, I tried again, had a game end at 3 seconds due to lag, but the next game had just enough lag to stay alive and let me last 20 seconds. Woot! Another gold check.

Managed to buy a shell clock for my gallery for cheap, too. And the book from today survived one reading, triple Woot!

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Another one of my "quick" games that I play when I want to relax a bit and earn a few quick nps. Of course, it took me several tries, as I usually send anything over 1400, but done.

14/14

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:44 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Blue wrote:
ETA2 - I really dislike this game

I really, really dislike Darigan Dodgeball! Best so far is 1722... Bah. Looks like another green check, assuming I can beat AAA tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:13 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Chia Bomb 2. 600 for AAA. Easy score. My highest was around 300, but I wasn't really trying. I got it within around 40 minutes.

If you have problems with this game (like I do):
Tips: On round 1 head up to the top left corner while shooting the enemies. Place mines around you, then type "geoffrey" for an extra life.

Stay in the top left corner and as soon as you finish the last enemy, hold down the right arrow key and space bar, and soon as round 2 starts you will be firing at the enemies in a line.

Get to the end if there is no bomb and turn around and go back to the top left hand corner and lay mines in front and behind you. Stay there and wait for enemies to approach you and shoot.

Repeat for each level.

Battle prize again. Hmmmm......

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:15 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

An easy score for me today; I got it on my first game. I just hang out in the bottom corner and plant one mine above me, one to my right (on the other side of the rock, so I have a little zone of safety). Then I try to shoot any enemies coming down either path before they hit the mine. If they reach a mine, I replace it.

Note: You get bonus points at the end of the game for each kill you got: 3 points per enemy shot, 2 points per enemy blown up with a mine, so try to shoot as many as you can.

Watch out for the enemies that take more than one hit to kill. If an enemy gets too close, it can shoot you, so if you have a 3- or 4- hit enemy running at you from just a few rocks away, you won't be able to take it out before it can shoot, so it's safer to duck around behind the rock and let the mine take him out (even if another enemy is right on his tail, you might be able to shoot the second before he reaches you, though he'll be able to fire, too).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mr. P laughed when he saw the game this morning, and informed me "you're well in practice"...because I actually worked hard on this one earlier in the month to get the avvie for it, using SunnyNeo's guide tips (though I generally still started in the top left corner until the last level). I was really hoping to never play it again (although it's the only one of the Exceptional 8 that I don't have a trophy for, so maybe...someday).

But, then...the score for today was easy after all the practice, and I got it on the first try.

15/15

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:32 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

603... Not my best score on CB, but good enough to beat AAA.

Gloat: Ooh!! A new mug for my gallery. Yay!

I thought I'd buy a few extras and found them for 1NP to 5NP in the SW. So, I bought a baker's dozen :P

Cry: I still haven't beaten Darigan Dodgeball. Sure, 16.999 and 17.22, but nothing 17.5 or higher yet.

ETA: 17.548!! FINALLY! DONE. DONE. DONE. DONE. No more Darigan Dodgeball (until the next Daily Dare, probably).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:25 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yay! Glad you finished, Blue!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:05 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Another interesting conversation by AAA and a additional little drawing on the map.

DOUBLE DARE. Extreme Herder. AAA 150.

Very doable.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:35 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Not easily doable, but I got it after a few games (I had some really bad luck one game and got to 147. Not sure why they didn't use EH2, since the controls are a bit more fair and less random.) Remember that you can hug the corner and sneak past Balthazar. Each petpet is worth 1 except for the crowned ones, which are worth 5 -- so if you're going to lose one, try not to let it be a crowned one! If you lose a life before 107, I recommend starting over. And always end each round in the leftmost pen, hanging by the top left corner.

That drawing is a little creepy; it's too humanoid for Neopets. And there's some interesting physics going on there.
F=ma is obvious, but what's m=lh? Or is it m=1h?

I wonder if JS is unveiling something major with the games and/or gameroom.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, drats. I've gotten over 150 before, but this is one of the games I was worried about coming up - and one that I'm still missing the avvie for. Bleh. I haven't given it a shot yet today, but I had started practicing it again earlier this month, and haven't gotten up to 150 yet. Here's hoping it doesn't take all afternoon. Ah well. I'll get to it once the kids are down for naps.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:03 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

150? Doable, yes. Easily no. I usually do OK on this one, but my highest is only 162. First try this morning was 136. Best advice is to always start each round on the left side near the paddock. Balthazar always starts in upper left. Starting on the left allows you to quickly grab any petpets that start near Big B.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

After about 6-7 tries and several 145's, I finally made it to 165. Whew. I'm still not sure how I'm EVER going to get to the avatar score (250+) on this one. My best is only 174.

16/16

ETA: Well, after a little practice, I got a 175, beating my old high score, and then later, a 213. MAYBE someday I'll get this avvie after all...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:25 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I got 150 last night and my internet went out before the score sent!! Only just got back online after about 16 hours, so I was stressing. Got the score quite easily, but it is not a nice game. I doubt I can get much more than that score.

The only tip that I found that helped me, was to grab and release pets I couldn't get to the gate before Balthazar could eat another one.

I actually took the agility and bought the hat.

I thought the same thing with the drawing... Siniri. Having another look at it, I can see it is a yo-yo. Interesting.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next