Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: 2016 April Fools Joke
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:34 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Calculate your net worth...

http://www.neopets.com/networthcalculator/
ImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage

Welcome to the Neopian Net Worth calculator, a simple way to quickly and accurately assess your net worth on Neopia.

This calculator effectively takes into account various aspects of your activities on Neopets to determine your social and economic standing, as well as how you rank against other Neopians. Please wait a few minutes while your results are determined.

Note: Your results will not be affected by which pet is currently active, as the calculator is designed to determine your worth as a user, not your pet's worth.

Clicking the button then gives a statuses of, "Counting your Neopoints....".
After a while, it then says, "Checking for Neocash...."
Then, "Factoring in your Uncoverted Pets...."
Then, "Assessing your Pets' Battledome Stats"
Then, "Scanning your Collection of Avatars...."
Then, "Evaluating the Worth of your Album Items...."
Then, "Inspecting your Trophies...."
Then, "Checking your Participation in Site Events...."
Then, "Analysing your Pet's Taste in Wearables...."
Then, "Estimating the Price of your Neohome...."
Then, "Recounting your Neopoints to be Sure...."
Then, "Evaluating the Items in your Shop...."
Then, "Inspecting your Galleries...."
Then, "Inspecting your Collection of Weapons...."
Then, "Reviewing your Bank Records...."
Then, "Checking for Items in Auction...."
Then, "Analysing your NeoDeck...."
Then, "Calculating the Worth of Your Neocash Items...."
Then, "Evaluating the Contents of your Safety Deposit Box...."
Then, "Judging your Artistic/Creative Contributions on Neopets...."
Then, "Assesing your Guild Membership and Rank...."
Then, "Checking for Errors in Calculation...."
Then, "Going Through the Items in your Inventory...."
Then, "Factoring in the Rarity of the Items you Own...."
Then, "Analysing the Complexity of Your User Lookup...."
Then, "...."

---Time check: Well over an hour. --- Since it's been ~1-1/2 hours, I am going to let it run unattended for a while (without copying statuses) to see if it ends anytime soon. If I miss any, hopefully someone clever at another site can grab it all from code or something.

--- Fast forward about 3 hours:

Then, "Inspecting your Trophies...."
Then, "Checking your Participation in Site Events...."
Then, "Analysing your Pet's Taste in Wearables...."
Then, "...."

Looks like it just repeats itself. I wonder if there was something clever at "the end" that said it found an error and needed to restart?

This process takes a while a really long time longer than the Wheel of Monotony!

Supposedly, you can then use your calculated value to "Apply with the details of your net worth for a chance to be accepted into one of the following clubs:"

"Inner Circle, Chic UCs, Paintbrushes Aplenty, Club Lutari, The Connoisseur"

Clicking on each will yield the following pop-up:
Inner Circle wrote:
May I See Your Membership Card?

Join other influential, successful Neopians in a prestigious club that will open doors to some of the most exclusive features on Neopets. Always wanted an additional pet? Two? A Plushie Draik? Unconverted, you say? It's yours for the asking. New features and privileges will be added on a regular basis.

To become a member, please apply with the details of your net worth assessed in accordance with our regulations.

Club UC wrote:

Your Unconverted Pets are the envy of all, but you've always yearned for one more privilege - if only you could clothe them! Join this club and turn your UCs into fashionistas with exclusive clothing items just for them! New items added weekly.

To become a member, please apply with the details of your net worth assessed in accordance with our regulations.

Paintbrushes Aplenty wrote:

For deep-pocketed Neopians, few items are unattainable, for no price is too high. What then, can set you apart from the nouveau riche? How about exclusive paintbrushes released just for you and a select few others? Members will soon be able to own Valentine, Birthday, Stained Glass and other exclusive PBs!

Club Lutari wrote:

The storm on Lutari Island is fast receding, and we have set up our exclusive club on this exotic land. Needless to say, only members are allowed to embark on this island, where privileged fun is the order of the day.

The Connoisseur wrote:

It is no fault of yours that you enjoy nothing but the best, so why must you pay for it? Enjoy rare, exclusive items at great discounts available to members only.

So, it appears to be a never ending thing, meant to keep you on edge all day. Very funny JSTNT. There have been much worse jokes through the years.

Post subject: Re: 2016 April Fools Joke
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:30 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I haven't seen that one yet, but I checked out the 'new' NC Mall news and fell for it. It is 9.30pm here, and I have been busy all day, so I totally forgot about it. LOL.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:13 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Interesting... Just checked the news, saw it was Shoyru day, and tried to train my Shoyru, but it asked for a dubloon... Guess I have to wait until tomorrow, maybe?

I didn't see any new NC Mall news? Not sure where to look; didn't see it in the regular news or on the main NC Mall page...

The calculations are taking way too long; I guess I'll let it run while I'm at work; maybe it'll be done by the time I get home (it's been hours already).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:02 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Daze wrote:
I haven't seen that one yet, but I checked out the 'new' NC Mall news and fell for it. It is 9.30pm here, and I have been busy all day, so I totally forgot about it. LOL.

Was this the "Chic UC" club you might be able to join if you were worthy? I added the front page "news links" for each of the clubs to the OP.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:48 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Siniri wrote:
Interesting... Just checked the news, saw it was Shoyru day, and tried to train my Shoyru, but it asked for a dubloon... Guess I have to wait until tomorrow, maybe?

I didn't see any new NC Mall news? Not sure where to look; didn't see it in the regular news or on the main NC Mall page...

The calculations are taking way too long; I guess I'll let it run while I'm at work; maybe it'll be done by the time I get home (it's been hours already).

I had to double check Shoyru day, as I have one on a side. Apr 2nd is Shoyru Day.

What I saw first (before coming here and seeing Blue's post), was on the News page. The box to the side that shows whats new in the mall. There are only 2 - Name Change Certificate and Avvie Pro. I read the Avvie Pro one first as it interested me. It wasn't until I read the Name Change that I realised that it was still AFDay. (Time zones can really put you out at times!)

Blue wrote:
Was this the "Chic UC" club you might be able to join if you were worthy? I added the front page "news links" for each of the clubs to the OP.

I hadn't looked for any others jokes so I didn't know about the Neopian Networth Calculator or the other NC Mall items.

I really like the effort put in this year. Everything Neo users constantly ask about being thrown back as a joke. Kudos!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Love it! The team really did a good job with the joke this year! (And for kicks, I'm letting it continually attempt to figure out my net worth in the background - I'm only to "Assessing your Pets' Battledome Stats" at this point.) I hope they leave it up long enough for Mr. P to see when he gets home. :)

I actually got on Neo with the intention of finding the jokes, as after NeoTax (which I was actually fooled by), I've been very aware of when April Fool's day is, and go looking for all the various jokes on the Web (Although, there's at least one on ThinkGeek that I almost wish was real!).

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:35 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Mine reset while I was at work. Hopefully I'll find out my net worth before it's over...

Oh, the NC items are a nice touch, though I'm a little sad that TNT took my "username change" suggestion and turned it into a joke. (I stupidly picked the same username as the first part of my e-mail account, and though I barely use that e-mail account anymore, I'd love to change my name... I did suggest that it be a one-time only and cost a lot of NP (and/or a decent amount of RL money) so hopefully people would only do it if they REALLY disliked their name.)

Edit: 2 hours later and I'm still on battle stats... For those who didn't get to actually finish assessing, what happened next? Was the calculation accurate? Did it reject you from all the "clubs"?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:12 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't think it actually finishes, Siniri. That's part of the joke. ;) It just starts back from the beginning again. I'm back to "Checking for Items in Auction..." for the second time.

ETA: More jokes out in the news. Plus, of course, the NT writers did it again: NT 726
Not to worry, there ARE fabulous updates that will have the general Neopian population rejoicing - stay tuned for the official trailer of 'Dr. Sloth Returns' - that's right, a MOVIE based on Neopia and its beloved characters, coming to theatres in your city next year!

Also in the pipeline is a 3D Virtual World version of Neopia - imagine finally walking through the lava caves of Moltara, swimming around in Maraqua, or floating about on Kreludor! This long-cherished dream of ours is soon going to be a reality! Stay tuned for updates and sneak previews (*squeal*)!!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:33 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Haha, yeah, I should have read Blue's post more carefully... My first error gave me the button again; it didn't cycle through them again... Guess I'll stop trying.

Do one of the fan sites have an actual net worth estimator? Where you go to various pages and copy the page source, and then it compiles the data and calculates an estimate for you? If not, maybe PPT can get back on the map with one... :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:56 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
Mine reset while I was at work. Hopefully I'll find out my net worth before it's over...

Oh, the NC items are a nice touch, though I'm a little sad that TNT took my "username change" suggestion and turned it into a joke. (I stupidly picked the same username as the first part of my e-mail account, and though I barely use that e-mail account anymore, I'd love to change my name... I did suggest that it be a one-time only and cost a lot of NP (and/or a decent amount of RL money) so hopefully people would only do it if they REALLY disliked their name.)

Edit: 2 hours later and I'm still on battle stats... For those who didn't get to actually finish assessing, what happened next? Was the calculation accurate? Did it reject you from all the "clubs"?

This was my favorite post today :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:05 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Go back to the The Net Worth Calculator

It is no longer working, but it gives out a prize.

Drat!

The Net Worth Calculator doesn't seem to be working properly. Perhaps this will give you a better idea of your worth
Priceless Seal (wearable)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:27 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Aww, that bonus is kind of sweet! I wasn't actually expecting a real calculation of net worth; I thought maybe after many hours, it would give you a really low value or something (or maybe even a ridiculously high value) and then reject you from all the clubs... I just wanted to see the "rest" of the joke, haha.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The bonus was pretty neat - and the description was cute, too.
"How do you calculate the worth of someone thats priceless?"

Plus, it's an upper left corner wearable, which, IIRC, there are fairly few NP items of.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:07 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Sweet, A prize! That's nice... and it is still collectible today (4/2).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Just as a random note, it looks like in order to get the prize, you had to actually run the calculator at least some yesterday.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]