For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Re: Neopets Gloats and Cries [Split 3]

Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:58 am

Neither a gloat or a cry, but a small rant (maybe a small cry).

I am trying for the multiplayer trophies in Armada, Geos and Kacheekers. Finally get my opponents to play and I won 2 games.
I am playing Kacheekers now and my opponent's play was to set me up to jump so she could jump back. I was strategically not doing that. After she kept doing it, I wondered why. Then I get an angry nmail by my opponent basically telling me I am cheating by not jumping her token. I told her I didn't have to unless it was the only move I could make. She then asks what would happen if she didn't want to play anymore (I told her the rules) .
So now she is moving only once a day, and the game wont finish in time. Sigh! Cry! All I want to do is get the gold in each game.

*As a side note to this. I read up on the 'official' tournament rules of checkers. Apparently you do have to jump if that move is presented. But I was never taught that and more importantly, that is not how kacheekers is played. Otherwise, TNT would have coded it that way.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:36 pm

Daze, good luck getting those trophies. I tried for months and months to get golds (including times where I did actually win all 4), but most of the time, they glitched. IIRC, either I'd not get the second week tourny, I'd get it for the 4th, or even if I did manage to play or "I win!" all 4 rounds, it still wouldn't award the right trophies. It's been years since it worked right. I finally gave up and settled for two silvers and a bronze.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:28 pm

Gloat: Won 5k at Buried Treasure here: http://www.neopets.com/pirates/buriedtr ... ml?216,165

Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:48 pm

Daze, that's really frustrating. The good news is that as Pickles said, prizes seem to have little correlation with winning, so just keep entering each month. I think it's important to win the first round, but eventually you'll get opponents who don't ever play and you can win by default. And maybe you'll get that elusive gold - or at least a silver. It can be fun when you actually meet an opponent and play out the game in real time, which happened to me a time or two.

Blue, thanks for leaving a little treasure behind!

You Won 500 Neopoints!

Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:16 am

Gloat: Got into the CC.

I made it into the next round of the multiplayer tournaments, but it is so broken.
I doubt I will ever get gold. I have silver in kacheekers and armada but for some reason my geos games never get to a second round even though I win within the week, so I am still holding out for that trophy.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:45 pm

Congrats, Daze! I voted for you. I still haven't figured out the new judge's sense of humor (and/or the timing for the best chance of even being seen). Actually, reading through the current submissions: 1) the judge *really* liked the lenny ray gun of freezing joke (selecting 5 permutations of it) 2) the judge *really* likes pop culture reference jokes, and apparently you no longer have to even adapt them to Neopets. It also no longer matters whether the reference is to something kid-unfriendly. You also don't have to avoid trademarked names (Disney, Arya Stark, etc.). I suspect the current judge is younger than the past judge (this one is probably a true millennial, not a Gen-Xer or Xennial like the last one).

You won't know if you make it to round 2 of Geos until the 29th... Maybe you'll finally get an opponent. I think I won a silver not getting any challengers beyond round 2, so there's always hope.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:44 am

Gloat: Found 2,099 in bank error in my favor... and...

Random Event wrote:While out for a stroll, MyPet looks down and finds 49,026 NP on the ground. Today looks like a lucky day!

Wow. Good day to buy a Powerball ticket :P

Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:42 pm

I needed a Zed codestone for training and didn't have one in my SDB. Before cancelling the training (and having to wait 24 hours to train again), I decided to do my daily battles against the walein. In my next-to-last drop, I got the zed! Woohoo!

Edit: Beat the BTY game today (person #351). JN's guide helped to understand scoring, though I found it easier to shoot towards the middle so I was less likely to have a miss (vs. shooting at the sides, which I saved for the last few). I focused less on the score than just staying alive. I made it to swarm 9 and got over 3k, so I think it's really doable without worrying too much about accuracy.

Edit: Congratulations! YourPet now has increased Endurance!!!

*** SUPER BONUS - You went up 4 points!! ***

I guess that makes up for the 3 REs that took away HP over the last few months...

Edit: That last edit was in February... someone else really needs to gloat or cry at some point!
I just won 10,000 NP at the Faerie Caverns. Woot!

Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:29 pm

Cry: A ghost takes 571 NP from you and puts it on the money tree! Boo.

Fri May 25, 2018 2:05 am

Gloat: Made it in to this rounds Caption Competition.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:51 pm

Gloat: Won 10k at the Forgotten Shore today (7/21/18)

ETA:
Gloat: Won 10k at the Forgotten Shore today (9/1/18)

ETA2
Gloat: Won 5k and a Spyder at the Fruit Machine today (9/14/18)

Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:08 pm

Cry: I got a gray faerie quest, gambled, and got bumped to level 300, even though I wasn't quite ready to train there. I've set an alarm for 3am the last 4 nights. The first two raised my level 5 and 1, and the last two nights, I've fallen back asleep before I was able to click on the button. (I know I woke up both nights, and last night I made an extra effort, but I fell back asleep with the mouse in my hand.)

Edit: Illusen emerges from the woods and approaches you. "I had some spare Neopoints lying around so I thought you may like to have them." She leaves you with 10,000 NP!

Edit 2: Gloat: I managed to lose 2 levels at Deadly Dice tonight. Cry: I forgot to change my active pet, so my battle pet is still 6 too high.

Edit 3: I have since gained another level and skipped a night or two.

Just went apple bobbing, and it said "Oh no, not your binary_supagoo bobblehead!" Which totally confused me, because that was a staff tournament prize and shouldn't have been in my inventory. I checked my SDB, and it was still there, so I have no idea what I actually dropped, if anything - unless that's being given out in dailies somehow (Grave Danger, maybe?). So maybe a cry? It's worth 100k... I quickstock everything into my SDB fairly often; last time was last night before bed.

Edit: Learned that people got invisible prizes (due to a glitch) which still fill up your inventory, so it's actually a good thing for them to be stolen/destroyed. To check if you have these, empty your inventory via quickstock. If the screen refreshes and says "The items in your inventory are not available for stocking :(" you might want to do some of the item-destroying dailies (apple bobbing works, but I'm not sure about the wheels - I think it said I had no items when I got Pant Devil, despite still clearly having invisible items), if you want a full, 50-space inventory again. (This matters mostly to people like restockers/traders, especially since some got dozens of glitched prizes and only have a few spaces left before their inventory seems full.)

Edit: Finally got a stat change at the Coincidence! I'd be more excited if it hadn't been a reduction in strength. :( (Also gave up on reducing level and have started training with a FQ cookie.)

Edit: Gloat: Got +10 on a stat from the Wheel of Extravagance. Cry: It was movement.

Edit: Finally got a positive stat change from the Coincidence! +3 Defense, something actually useful!

Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:18 am

Cry
Random Event wrote:Some members of the Pocket Change Redistribution Committee approach you and appropriate the 1,905 NP that you had in your pockets!

Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:33 pm

While out for a stroll, Trevant looks down and finds 9,537 NP on the ground. Today looks like a lucky day!

Woot woot!

Edit: Super easy BTY this week.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your score of 21,628 beats the score of 20,467 by Meuka in the BETTER THAN YOU competition! You have won 3,000 NP, a cool trophy and a great item! Well done!

Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:16 pm

Gloat: Fruit Machine win:

Congratulations!
You have won 20,000 NP!
You also win:
Smelly Dung Muffin
White Paint Brush
Topic locked