Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pink Poogle Toy Main
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:59 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I've been knocking an idea around recently about the Pink Poogle Toy site.

As you know, at the minute, there are three areas of PinkPT - the Neodex, this forum, and a blog at the root domain. No one is writing for the blog (unless I'm very much mistaken, anyway), it just a bunch of old posts looping around and around (a "blog roll", haha). The current main page for PinkPT therefore looks very unloved - compare it to how it looked circa 2009, or to how Jellyneo looks today. It just doesn't reflect the level of activity on other parts of the site.

It would be nice to make the site look like that again, but it would require a lot of content generation that we simply don't have. Instead, how about we make the main Pink Poogle Toy home just a prettier landing page? This is my idea:

It's just a rough version I made today and yesterday, but I hope it conveys my meaning. My idea is that it would fill your screen (it's quite a trendy way to do websites front pages at the moment - big, full screen graphic 'banner') and the different items added to the planet would take you to the different site areas. Where a link would take you could appear in a sort of balloon - a bit like the old version of the Neopets Explore Map. In this example, I was thinking the stack of books for the Neodex, the desert scroll for the blog roll, and the radio tower for the forums (that owes a bit to the old RKO Pictures ident).

Anyway, it's just a suggestion to make the Pinkpt main page more fun. What do you think?

question? check the dex

Post subject: Re: Pink Poogle Toy Main
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:54 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I like the idea!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:06 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

It's interesting. I'd personally prefer labels (at least hover labels explaining things), or maybe icons that were more obvious about where they lead (and Virtupets looks like a link, but it's not?), but I like the idea to give the various (and more active) parts of the site more emphasis. And I love the idea to make it look kind of like the old Neopian map.

We don't really have the staff to create new content like JN does -- and since they already do it, there's no point in duplicating it -- but the Neodex should be highlighted more since that is unique, and the forums were always a main draw to the site (even though there are few of rattling around here now...). And some of the old game guides, etc. are much better than any you could find elsewhere. Are they even still around? I miss some of the quirky old articles, too, like the one where the guy tried to drive to TNT headquarters to get his account unfrozen.

There was also that... Japanese-sounding thing, maybe an art gallery? I can't remember what it was called, nor could I ever figure out what it exactly was, but if that's still active, maybe we should highlight that, too.

Thanks for taking the initiative on this, Jelani.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:46 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, the Game Guides still exist, including the only true guide for Deadly Dice, but they're tricky to find now. You need to use the search box for the guide to come up :(

You're thinking of the Oekaki. It sort of exists, but not really. I think the old data is still somewhere, but the back-end needs to be pieced together for it to work properly. I can see Pink Ink articles in the master database, but the web page appears to be gone at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:47 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I just realized that on the forums, there are now two gender tags. I guess that's better than none... Can I please set my second gender tag to male? :P

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:49 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
I just realized that on the forums, there are now two gender tags. I guess that's better than none... Can I please set my second gender tag to male? :P
Nope. It's a bug that goes hand in hand with the missing icon for new posts at the bottom of the page*. It happens every now and again. I haven't found the source, but the fix isn't hard. I just haven't done it yet :)

*I am on my Droid using Tapatalk and can't even see the site right now, but I already can state that with confidence :P

Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk MegaSuperb Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:07 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I approve of this idea. It reorganizes and consolidates, making for a better user experience. Ten out of ten. :evil:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:20 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Blue wrote:
Siniri wrote:
Nope. It's a bug that goes hand in hand with the missing icon for new posts at the bottom of the page*. It happens every now and again. I haven't found the source, but the fix isn't hard. I just haven't done it yet :)

*I am on my Droid using Tapatalk and can't even see the site right now, but I already can state that with confidence :P

Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk MegaSuperb Pro

These bugs has been fixed. :)

ETA: Please be sure to post all bugs you find in the Bug Reports Forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]