Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: PPT Caption Contest Trifecta!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:31 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Wow, 3 PPTers made it into this week's caption contest! I made it in once again, but both Blue and Pickles also had captions that were accepted. Since neither of them has the trophy yet, I'm going to be tossing all my votes their way from now on, alternating between the two. I'll let them put links up if they want. This voting round is going to last a long long time, so they've got plenty of time to get some votes.

I'm actually kind of embarrassed by the joke of mine that was accepted; I actually came up with at least a dozen semi-decent ones, and the one that made it would have been on my list of "well, let's just go ahead and submit that even though it won't win in a million years..."

Remember, you can vote every four hours. Vote early and vote often (voting continues into the new year.)

Trophy info: The top 25 captions win a trophy, NP, and a random prize from a select prize pool (the same pool regardless of trophy level). The top 5 captions get a gold trophy and 10,000 NP, while silver is the next 10 (the guides aren't 100% sure on the number), and bronze the last few.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Post subject: Re: PPT Caption Contest Trifecta!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Eesh, are there usually 40 entries to vote for? That means we have to not be in the bottom 15...ouch.

The one they picked for me was nowhere near my funniest, either, Siniri, but then, I didn't put that one in until yesterday around 12:30pm NST. (It was also one of my earlier entries - I made a TON like you suggested, plus the creative juices were actually flowing for a change.) I'm kinda bummed they didn't pick my last one, as I truly thought it was my best.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:20 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Congrats to both of you Siniri and Pickles!!
I was surprised to see mine in there because I only submitted the one :roll:

I did notice that they must retype them or modify them a bit. I had used the *old school* emphasis method with the asterisks, but they capitalized the word instead.

Here are random voting links to each of our three of our entries:

Random Vote

Random Vote

Random Vote*

*Siniri's vote link removed per her request

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:46 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Blue, you can remove the link to my caption. I'd rather the votes go to helping you guys get as high as you can so you can get the best trophy possible. I've got enough support I'll probably get at least bronze, and that's all I really need this time (it's only 5k NP difference between gold and bronze, and I don't need a x5 gold when you guys are working for your x1).

Blue, they cut off the first half of my joke (I can't remember the specifics, but it was Lulu teasing AAA) -- I suspect it was a copy-paste error, but it doesn't really affect the joke, so whatever. Usually they only modify them a little for consistency. Pickles, they have never picked what I thought was my funniest joke, ever.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:55 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
Blue, you can remove the link to my caption. I'd rather the votes go to helping you guys get as high as you can so you can get the best trophy possible.

Thanks Siniri. That's very nice of you. I'll remove yours once I figure out which one it is :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:55 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Blue's up to 4 votes; Pickles has 7. (I voted for Blue since he was behind.) You guys might want to venture on the Neoboards and advertise. Just link to the CC in your signature (you can't direct link to your personal voting link) and post around, making no actual message of the CC in your posts.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:34 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Erm. I'm not a huge fan of the Neoboards. I generally stay far, far away from them.

But... if I were to do so, how do you link to it?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:52 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Go to the Neoboards. Click on preferences at the top. In the NeoSignature line, enter the following code:

Code:
Spare a vote?[br]http://www.neopets.com/games/caption_browse.phtml

You can add color, bold, smileys, etc. (SunnyNeo has a list of all the smileys), but the basics works well enough.

Then go to various boards. You can try to bump a board that's low down that you think has value (just try to contribute in some way); if you do this for someone's board on the trade/auction, you can wish them luck selling/buying, offer any items you have that they might be looking for, etc. In help/quest, seek out boards with no replies and help if you can. Take note of how recent the last post was; many of the boards move slowly, and it's kind of pointless to bump a topic several days stale.

You shouldn't mention the CC in your actual posts, just in your signature, as a general rule, because that could be considered spamming for votes (exception: you are allowed to create one board promoting your caption in the games chat; just give the text of your caption, add fun smileys to the funny subject line to make it stand out... there are lots of examples there for you. I've not really gotten many votes from making my own board, though). If someone mentions they voted for you, you can of course thank them for the vote on the board, but I would also include a sentence or two that was relevant to the board topic so that you can't be accused of spamming. (Some people have been withdrawn from contests by TNT for improper solicitation for votes. As long as you follow these suggestions and keep it in the signature, you'll be fine.)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:43 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks. To be clear, don't put the direct voting link in the signature, just the general voting page?

Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk MegaSuperb Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:22 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Correct. The direct voting link won't work anywhere on Neopets. There's a code that changes it so it doesn't work. (Makes sense, so you can't trick people into voting for you when they think they're just looking at the captions.)

Another important rule: you can only advertise for your own caption.

1/1 Edit: Remember that this contest is still ongoing. Blue is holding on to a spot for a bronze trophy by the skin of his teeth, and Pickles is fighting to get into the top 5 for gold, so a vote for either would really help right now! (I'm comfortably in contention for at least a bronze, so please throw all your votes their way.)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks, Siniri!

Please please please make sure Blue stays in a bronze trophy spot before anyone worries about helping me edge into gold!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:07 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Aww thanks, guys! I've been voting nearly every 4 hours via smartphone ;)

I even ventured onto the *shudder* Neoboards a few times.

Only a week or so to go.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Pretty sure I won't be able to get to gold at this point, unless by some miracle, a bunch of people on the neoboards start voting for me. Last night when I went to bed, I was 2 votes behind the person in 5th...now I'm 12. Unless that person slacks off again, there's pretty much no chance.

Blue was in 23rd when I checked last night - but a lot more solidly ahead of the people in 25/26 than he was before, yay!

ETA: The next up hasn't been slacking off, but I've been doing all the things Siniri suggested, and am starting to pick up extra votes from the neoboards, yay! It's still going to be VERY close, though, I think!

Blue and Siniri are still pretty safe in bronze. (Blue is getting further and further ahead of 25/26, yay - and he's starting to catch Siniri, LOL!)

Man, the end of this is going to be nerve-wracking for me! If I edit this post a million times, I apologize in advance!

If the winners are announced on the 7th, does voting end automatically at midnight on the 6th?

ETA2: Just did what will probably be my last vote for this contest, if it ends when Siniri says it should (before about 4pm NST today). I'm pretty solidly in gold at this point - it would take a massive amount of votes for me to get bumped out. Siniri and Blue are still safe in bronze - the people below Blue haven't budged in the last over 4 hours now.

Now we wait for it to close. Of course, if the site keeps lagging into complete not-loading-ness, no one can vote, and we're all set. ;)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:04 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Woo hoo! Bronze would be awesome :)

I cannot get on the site at all right now, so perhaps votes will be locked in until 4pm NST after all :evil:

ETA: Site back up... Caption Contest must be in transition right now. There is a new picture but all of the captions still remain from the current contest... None of the captions make sense now :P

ETA2: Winners appear to be posted here. If this if the final list, I just squeaked in! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

<Waits for site to load enough for me to see the list> <A good 10 minutes after Blue edits in the winners list, it loads.>

Yay!! Yep, that was about where you were in standings when I check you last. So yes, that's the final list! I have the numbers as of an hour ago (they hadn't changed much, if any, due to the lag) if wants to know how close they were to the next spot up, etc.

And HOOORAY! It's DONE!

ETA: And the new caption...I'm not even sure WHAT that's supposed to be...?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next