Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: December "Events"
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:08 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wind-up Zytch went buyable. Don't know how long it'll stay that way - but there's enough to fill the SSW right now (some as low as 80k, wow!).

And yes, the site has been atrocious this afternoon, ugh.

ETA: Looks like it's hanging between 90k and buyable. Still plenty on the SSW though.

ETA2: Wow, down in the low 70k's and high 60k's. I guess people flooded the market this evening? This is the first time the last u/b for a set has plummeted like this. I hope this bodes well for tomorrow!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:06 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, TNT has another premium-only reward. Sheesh. Pickles, I hope you've been saving your space junk prizes from the BD and are willing to share a few for reasonable prices... and sell a lot more for a lot of moolah! (The space faerie brush and blocks are premium scratchcard prizes; the other 3 items are drops in the premium-only BD arena.)

I had a couple of space spices in my SDB that I picked up off the money tree when the new BD first came out. I have nothing else.

As much as I'm a completionist, I'm not paying more than 200k total on this quest, on principle. TNT can go... oh, I can't say what I want them to do here, but I can think it... if they think I'm going to buy premium just because their perks have started to skew the game. If Neopets goes the way of PPP, I'll go the way I went in PPP -- gone. Not being able to complete an event without paying real money? No thank you.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:34 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I didn't bother with this one at all-- I had so much real-life holiday drama that I just didn't have the mental energy to spare to even try, because I had an idea where this was going to go and what kind of chaos it was going to end up in.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:55 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I had only one spice in my SDB and paid way too much last night for the others ranging from 5k to 99k. I probably paid just over 200k to have it done before going to bed.

Siniri- its not that bad now, as prices have come down somewhat. I'll send you a trade link...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm a little disappointed that TNT went through and did yet another premium-item one. Seriously?

I had a whopping 1 of the Space Faerie Blocks...and nothing else needed. I generally haven't been saving the prizes from the scratch cards, so I must've gotten those on my last card or two - since the event started.

I actually never see the three prizes that come from the premium dome, because they're not awarded to the Giant Space Fungus on Hard (which is what I usually battle). Not that it makes that much difference, as since the event started, I've been battling the Koi Warrior on Hard for the potentials at the two high-rarity plushies.

Prices are not bad right now, though, thankfully:
Space Faerie Blocks: 6700-8500nps
Space Faerie Hair Brush: 8900nps
Space Rock Soup: 45nps
Space Slug Soup: 275nps
Space Spice: 1np

Anyways, wahoo, 17/17!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:59 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Phew, glad prices are actually reasonable for once! Thanks, Blue, I'll just bid on your trade rather than trying to find them on the SW (and pay you for yesterday's)! I didn't even have time to look at the prices before work, but I guess with most people already having the avvie at this point, and so many fed up with the price gouging, there just isn't as much demand for these last few days.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:45 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks Siniri. I think you're right about people simply not wanting to complete today's if they already have the avvie.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:37 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Okay, so Pickles let me know tonight is the last night, so I decided to finish going through my SDB. I had nearly 300 of each Maraquan R90 plushie, so I redeemed 100 of each -- and ended up with an R99 stamp and a few other nice items (see my updated post where I listed prizes, in a separate section). After that stroke of luck, I decided to just trade in the rest of my SDB stuff, or as much as I can finish before I turn into a pumpkin (I have to work tomorrow).

Guess I shouldn't complain about premium advantages anymore, since I wouldn't have had all those plushies if I'd had access to the premium BD arena.

ETA: You have donated 325 times. How generous!

I kept a log in Excel, and I'll edit it into my stats post sometime later. I've got to work tomorrow, so I'm off to sleep. I might miss the first sunrise of the year...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri, you REALLY lucked out on this event with your hoards. ;) I, on the other hand, have not been hoarding, and while I'm premium, I didn't make all too much off the event comparatively, partially because I was not willing to overly price-gouge people (though I did some reselling, I still didn't resell at the ridiculous high prices that some were).

Anyways, apparently the event didn't "end" like it was supposed to last night? I'm wondering if it'll magically turn off at around 4pm NST today - like when trophies are supposed to get awarded.

Terrible for the people in contention for the top 10!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:59 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

It's weird that the event hasn't "ended" yet, but the top 10 list's numbers of donations haven't changed (at least #1 and 2's haven't) since this morning.

TNT might not fix it until they come back from the holiday... Guess we'll have to wait and see.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm actually kinda miffed that people have continued to donate and kicked a few of the rightful top 10 out of their spots (the ones that were there at midnight when the event was supposed to end). I hope TNT gives them the correct credit!

ETA:
News wrote:
Granny Hopbobbin is still double checking her records before she gives out her final prizes for Charity Corner. Please check back tomorrow to see what she gives out!

I hope this means they're figuring out what the original 10 people get!

ETA2: Prizes are being neomailed out. Haven't gotten mine yet, but from the boards, looks like it'll be 150NC and 2k nps. Seems like the "top 10" (or people over 2,000 donations) got 1,000NC and 10k nps. There's plenty of kvetching going on over on the neoboards, if you want to see people griping.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:09 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I received my 150 NC and 2k NP. Maybe TNT is leaving the charity corner open indefinitely on purpose? But even though it will turn 5 items into 1, it'll cause significant deflation soon (moreso than it already did), especially since there seems to be a limited prize pool.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:40 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I don't know if there was a minimum, but I also received the NC and NP after donating a total of 31 times.

TNT wrote:
Your participation in the Charity Corner event this holiday season did not go unnoticed. Granny Hopbobbin was so delighted with your generosity that she personally sends her congratulations, along with 150 NC and 2000 NP. You have made an old Acara very happy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:46 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The extra special grand super star prize for being in the top ten list was a whopping 10,000 NP and 1,000 NC:

(not me)

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mine took it's sweet time in getting to me (aaah the problems of having a far down the list first letter of my username)...but it's here now:
Quote:
Your participation in the Charity Corner event this holiday season did not go unnoticed. Granny Hopbobbin was so delighted with your generosity that she personally sends her congratulations, along with 150 NC and 2000 NP. You have made an old Acara very happy.

As expected. :)

News wrote:
Hello! Granny Hopbobbin's Charity Corner prizes have been given out to our Most Generous Neopians! After some consideration, Granny has decided to award the extra special prize to the top 50 players rather than 10! (You can still see who placed in the top 10, though.) Additionally, all players who donated at least once will have received a small prize, as well. Thank you for participating, everyone - Neopia appreciates your generosity. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next