For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

CC Votes (Again): They never finish the "hole" thing!

Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:25 pm

EDIT:
Two weeks in a row! Woohoo! Here's the info for the current contest:
Q: How many Chias does it take to eat a plate of doughnuts?
A: No one knows, because they never finish the "hole" thing!

Direct link to vote for me
Link to see all the captions

You can vote every 4 hours. Please vote as early and often as you can!

I made it into the caption contest! If you like my caption, please vote for it:
Lenny: I finally got in a Caption Contest picture, and I'm so deep in the background I look like a bush!
Kougra: Waaah, I'll play Neopia's smallest violin for you.
Lenny: I'm already playing it....

Link to see all the captions
Direct link to vote for me (You can vote every four hours...)
Last edited by Siniri on Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: CC Votes: Neopia's Smallest Violin

Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:40 pm

VoteMultiple votes cast! Good Luck, Siniri!

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:48 am

Vote cast; good luck!

Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:00 am

Thanks for the votes!

Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:59 am

Voted! Will try to remember to vote more if there's still time.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:27 am

Someone said the contest is going through next Wednesday... such a long time to try to scurry around for votes! Thanks for voting!

12/1 Edit: Today is the last day of voting. I really appreciate all the votes. It looks like I'm in contention for silver, but I'd appreciate any extra votes you can cast to help make sure I don't slip in the rankings. Thanks!

12/1 evening: The contest has ended, and I should receive the silver trophy prize (I already have a gold trophy, so that means 5k NP + a random item, I think). Thanks for all your support!

Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:08 am

Siniri wrote:12/1 evening: The contest has ended, and I should receive the silver trophy prize (I already have a gold trophy, so that means 5k NP + a random item, I think). Thanks for all your support!

YAY! Congrats, Siniri!!

Re: CC Votes: They never finish the "hole" thing!

Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:49 pm

I made it into the contest again! Please consider voting for me again (details are in the first post). Thanks so much for your support.

Re: CC Votes (Again): They never finish the "hole" thing!

Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:05 pm

That's awesome, Siniri!

Your hole caption is great :)

Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:15 pm

Voted for ya!
You've inspired me to attempt getting in, but so far, I've not been able to come up with anything decent.

Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:51 am

Pickles, Daze had suggested that entering the contest on Friday evenings was the best time. I entered some on Wednesday evening and some last evening when I got home from work. What I do is just make every lame joke I can. Once I get started, I find they come easier.

I usually look around the caption and try to find one thing to focus on. Once I run out of jokes (usually after 1-2...), I move on to the next thing. I also think it can increase your chances to focus on a part of the picture many people might overlook (like the Lenny last week; only a few accepted jokes referred to him), so it's less likely TNT will have already seen your joke -- remember that they read through hundreds, and even the funniest will seem stale after the first 2-3 times they read it. This week, I made a bunch of macabre jokes because food pets + food = morbid. (Note that none of those got in because the macabre ones that did were tighter than mine -- it helps to work on delivery; pare it down to as few words as possible.) I also went to the obvious puns ("doughnut" and "w/hole"), and tried to cover some Neopian events (e.g., Food Club has been weird lately, so I made a joke about the recipes being changed on Krawk Island, and the Quadrapus's punchline: "That explains the losses in Food Club by Gooblah (and me) last month!"). Often, the joke TNT picks is towards the bottom of my own list of "funny," so I think the key is to just submit a lot of different kinds of jokes. (I think I had 4-6 okay ones, and maybe 3-5 bad "warm-up" ones.)

If you're the kind of person who always thinks of a joke 5 minutes after you've left the situation, it helps to look at the CC a day or two before submitting so your subconscious can work. Don't be afraid of making bad jokes; you can submit as many times as you want, and they get your juices flowing. And sometimes, they even make the cut! *cough*

ETA: I just got my prize for last week's contest: 10k NP + a usuki paint brush! Pretty awesome NP:time ratio this time!
Topic locked