Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jumpstart Transfer update - BIG news
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Apparently there's a transition "thank you for sticking with us" prize to collect now:
"Welcome Back"

It's giving out Meepits!!! :o :o
I kinda think that's appropriate, all things considered, though I imagine the people who have had them before are unamused that the market is now flooded with legit Meepits...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:38 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

They... finished? Really? Food Club begs to differ. The battledome begs to differ. Keyquest begs to differ. Habitarium begs to differ. Traders, auction buyers, and user-shoppers beg to differ.

The 150 NC is nice. The 1k NP is nice. The meepit? Well, it might become worth something again eventually... It is really funny, though.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:53 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
The gesture is nice. The Meepits are on the SW for ~50k at the moment. I wonder if they'll plummet in price over the coming days. I hope so. I'd like to build an army of them :evil:

I have NC again :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I know they haven't finished everything, and saying so was probably a bit premature. However, I'm excited about the Meepit! I've always wanted to have one, though it's never been a priority mainly because of the cost. Plus, having masses of Meepits on the site just really, really tickles my funny bone, since the tradition is to blame anything that goes wrong on the Meepits...and goodness knows, the transition was nowhere near as smooth as anyone wanted!

Some direct things posted related.
News wrote:
Help us welcome the upcoming spooky season! We want to thank everyone for sticking with us through this transition. Click here to collect some fun treats! (Please Note: The Meepit item you get from visiting this page is the correct item. The email blast some users got is featuring the incorrect item. Those wily Meepits!)
Just in case some people were wondering.

News wrote:
Thank you for sending all your bug reports to us! We have been receiving many inquiries about The Neopian Pound adoption process not working. This is unfortunately not a bug. We have taken down the Adopt feature while we work out some database issues. We will post any progress when we can!
I'm not worried about this personally, but I figured I'd post it anyways. :)

Editorial wrote:
Hello!

We know that you have been anxiously awaiting our latest Editorial, but unfortunately we will have to put it on hold this week. We have been receiving many questions, especially some specific ones that we know you want addressed. However, since we continue to fix issues and discover others, we are not in the position to divulge the specifics to many of your inquiries.

We do want you to know that we are working on the serious item issue first and foremost, and we will give you any information on that going forward as soon as we come to a conclusion. Beside that, here is a short list of things we hope might answer the majority of the questions we have received:

Bugs! - There are numerous bugs that have been reported to us. We are working on prioritising these bugs and fixing them in order of importance. The item bug first and foremost, followed by other blockers that affect gameplay. Of course, daily news spotlights also fall under this category.

As we continue to fix our site issues, we have not been able to focus as strongly on the following content as we have wanted:

Premium Players - As stated, we will be granting free time to make up for time lost. Please look out for this in the next couple of days.

For all players - We decided EVERYONE should get some free NC! We will be giving away some goodies in the next couple of days.

Habitarium - Please check back soon for a page with information.

Thank you so much for your time and patience. We understand that we have quite a few concerns, but hopefully we can catch up as soon as possible.
I will say this - they have communicated quite a bit, all things considered, throughout the transition and aftermath. Granted, that slowed down a little after the news pages started working again, BUT there still have been updates, which is FAR better than they have been known to do in the past.
...and they addressed the item bug in that editorial. I'm not sure they've ever actually addressed it directly when a dupe situation has come up in the past. I remember one roll-back, maaaany years ago, but I also understand with NC items, they really can't do that again now.

I know things are still not working, but honestly, I feel more confident that they are still trying to get things fixed. For all we know, they're actually making major changes to code that will make the site more streamlined in the future - and make any other random bugs easier to deal with. I can't imagine trying to sift through nearly 15 years of code that has been continually updated, etc.

ETA 10/6: It looks like the site (in general) is moving much quicker. Page loads are starting to be back to normal. Seems like this doesn't apply to a few areas - namely the battledome - but still, progress!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:03 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Pickles wrote:
ETA 10/6: It looks like the site (in general) is moving much quicker. Page loads are starting to be back to normal. Seems like this doesn't apply to a few areas - namely the battledome - but still, progress!

Some areas are definitely faster. I still have multiple pages where my pet doesn't show up at all, including my inventory page after chucking a bunch of stuff into my SDB... Just a big white box where it should be.

Hopefully the battledome will be back to normal by the time the current truce/boon period ends.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:31 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The Food Club 10-day round finally ended today! Woohoo! Now if trophy scores would reset properly, monthly competition would work, and... whatever it was I noticed wasn't working yet yesterday was fixed... I hope Food Club is fix-fixed. Guess we'll find out for sure next weekend.

ETA: Just deposited my FC winnings, and I've made 4M since the reboot. Without selling a single thing in my shop, hardly playing any games, skipping half the dailies most of the time, and only having Food Club work less than half the time. About half of that was FC; about half, sales of a single stock -- and a bit from interest/dailies/games.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
ETA: Just deposited my FC winnings, and I've made 4M since the reboot. Without selling a single thing in my shop, hardly playing any games, skipping half the dailies most of the time, and only having Food Club work less than half the time. About half of that was FC; about half, sales of a single stock -- and a bit from interest/dailies/games.
Wow. :o I think it's time that I start looking into this. I need a better source of Neo-income right now, anyways, since I'm stocking up on the Nerkmids instead of selling them.

ETA: Page loads for everything seem to be back to normal. Battledome still shows the error, but it's at least loading faster, and all the pet images are loading quickly again for me.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:03 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Food Club (and wishing well) are stuck in limbo again. Monthly competition isn't happening this month (or I got dropped from the list somehow). Trophies didn't reset, and they aren't actually being awarded to those who managed to make it onto a list. Petpages can't be updated. Anything else?

Any word on whether the dupe purging (of items, not accounts)? Is it safe to buy things again?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

And the bugs continue to turn up, despite the fact we continue to think we are done looking for them. :D Nothing much to say from me, because I just wanted to post and thus receive notifications when new posts arrive. Can say that I'm happy to collect on my Food Club bets, even if it was a net loss. Better things run smoothly than not at all. :evil:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

More updates in the editorial:
Quote:
Greetings, Neopians!
We went through the questions submitted this week, but the vast majority were bug reports or questions about when specific things would be fixed. Basically, the answer to every question would have been: "We're aware of the issue and we are working to fix it, but don't have an ETA right now."

What we can tell you are some of the things that we have fixed this week!

Item Bug
We've stopped this bug in multiple areas and are continuing to prioritise this until we cover all areas.

NC
Players outside of the U.S. are now able to purchase Neocash.

PPL
The script that finds and displays the winners should be running properly now.

Dubloon-O-Matic
Denizens of Krawk island will be pleased to know that the Dubloon-O-Matic is again recognising Dubloons.

Pet Pages
You can now save edits to your Pet Pages again! Hooray!

If you're still having issues in any of the above areas, please send us a bug report and let us know!

Also, please enjoy this lifelike
image of us at the moment.

So it looks like the item bug is almost fixed?
Glad to hear about the pet pages, though, that'll make quite a few people happy!

ETA:

I just stumbled on this, and it makes me sad:
Snarkie's Blog post
:(

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:25 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Pickles wrote:
I just stumbled on this, and it makes me sad:
Snarkie's Blog post
:(

That makes me sad, too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:22 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Aww, that's a little sad for Neopets, but I suspect it's actually a good thing for Snarkie. I'm sure she's got a bright career ahead of her wherever she went (I'm kind of curious where that is, actually; she was responsible for so many of my favorite things at Neopets...).

(I actually asked where she's headed; not sure she'll answer, but maybe...)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:00 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thought this was of high interest:
Editorial wrote:
Hey, everyone! We've been continuing to work hard to iron out all of the crinkles caused by the transition. Our biggest concern, which was the item bug, should now be fixed. If you see any evidence to the contrary, then please report it to us immediately.

We don't have a lot of updates for you this week, as we've now been focusing on fixing the back-end of things. We know there's still plenty to fix in Neopia, but please remember that you guys only see half the site! The back half that you don't see also suffered from quite a few bugs and we're focusing on those now, as it will allow us to do all of our jobs better.

Once again most of the submissions to the Editorial were questions and comments about site issues, so please forgive the brevity. Here are some questions we were able to answer for you guys, though:

Also, while they haven't addressed my SDB missing items, I was told directly in my ticket to "discard/donate" the random NPs that showed up after the transition. I'll give them a few more weeks before I re-address the SDB discrepancy in the ticket (which, I have not touched still - meaning, no items have gone in or out of my SDB in the last month - just in case they need to do a comparison or something.)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:31 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Pickles, thanks for letting us know we can buy/sell again! I've got some Halloween-themed stuff I want to sell while prices might be a bit inflated.

And... and... you haven't used your SDB at all? I can't even imagine that! My daily Neopets routine is: blast through (some) dailies, make Food Club bets, sometimes go battle for freebies, clear inventory by chucking everything in SDB (whenever the inventory gets above 50).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:46 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
And... and... you haven't used your SDB at all? I can't even imagine that! My daily Neopets routine is: blast through (some) dailies, make Food Club bets, sometimes go battle for freebies, clear inventory by chucking everything in SDB (whenever the inventory gets above 50).
Same here, less food club. Sometimes, I get a little behind and end up with 80+ items. I usually figure it out when I actually try to buy something :-)

Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk MegaSuperb Pro

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next