For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Re: New Event:Desert Diplomacy

Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:59 am

I have a hot dog. I just went through all the prizes you guys listed, and the only 3 gallery-related ones I don't have are the sand geb cakes, sand shake, and the sand cuisine for elephantes. Not sure how expensive they are, but I guess I should be buying them, so I'm willing to buy them off you at current market price if you guys are looking to sell. Or I can just buy from the shops...
Last edited by Siniri on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:34 am

Awarded a Strange Yellow Mist today... strange indeed.

Does anyone know if you can catch up if you miss a day or four of this event?

@Siniri - if I get a geb cake, sand shake, or sand cuisine for elephantes, they're yours :)

Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:56 am

I've caught up with it and I had missed all the beginning until today (I wasn't checking Neopets at all because Korea was so exciting), so I'd guess so.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:28 pm

I just received Sand Cuisine for Elephantes... Woohoo!

Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:03 pm

Ya Tchea Fruit Bomb for me today.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:00 pm

Lost Desert Architecture for me today.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:10 pm

Sand Hot Dog for me.

There will be at least 5 things in each category, apparently. (I left room on my grid for 7.) We only have 3 times so far, and I find it useful to list those in time-order, so I've had to leave that info off my grid for now.

Today's clue was a little tricky; even though it's a "nor," the way it's worded does not necessarily imply that the Desert Scarabs are a different guild than the one who stole something at 3am (compared to yesterday's, which expressly says that there are two separate guilds). I hope that's not bad logic-puzzle writing on TNT's part...

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:37 pm

Sandcastle Mold today.

I really enjoyed the neomail today. It still has me giggling a bit inside. :)

Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:58 am

Common Desert Collectable Scarab today.

The thing that frustrates me about these puzzles is that people are obviously going to share answers, so everyone is going to get the same prizes, even though some won't put in the work. But instead of focusing on that, I'll just enjoy getting to do the work myself.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:55 pm

Khnum for me.

I know JN has already stated they will not be posting the solutions before the plot ends - they just provided the grid tool for people to fill out on their own, but I know what you mean - it'll probably be all over the neoboards.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:42 am

Strange Yellow Mist for me today. I usually like to figure these out myself, too. I just hope the event doesn't end before Wednesday next week, as I'm extremely internet challenged through Monday and part of Tuesday.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:23 am

I like figuring them out, but I'll probably check what I figure against whatever's floating the Neoboards before actually submitting it.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:47 pm

Cobrall Dagger for me today.
I'm hoping it ends next Thurs, as we have company coming in on Friday.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:05 pm

At the current caliber of clues, we'll need at least 4-5 more before we can solve it.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:55 am

I am late to the party, as usual. And I'm impressed with the throwback of an event this is. Recall Usurper! and Guildmasters Dinner working like this. There have been more since, but we're returning to the Lost Desert, so... :D

And might I add that I found it wonderful I received an EMAIL notification about this event? From Neopets itself? They are finally taking advantage of a facet countless other gaming sites have done since NP's inception. Wh00t! :lol:
Topic locked