Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: March 18 2014 - Neopets is sold to JUMPSTART
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:21 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

NEWS

18th March - Illusen Day

* Special Announcement! - Fellow Neopians, we have some big news to share. Neopets is now a member of the JumpStart family! We're sad to be leaving our home here at Nickelodeon Games. It's been almost nine years of fun and slime and we'll miss everyone dearly. (We love you guys!) But we're also very excited to be joining our new friends over at JumpStart!

Who is JumpStart? What does this mean for Neopets? Where did that one sock go? There's too much for us to answer here in New Features, so for more information please check out this FAQ. We hope it answers some of your more pressing questions about the acquisition and we'll continue to update it as we have more information to share.

To celebrate this new chapter in Neopian history, we've increased the probability of Random Events for the next week because YAY FREE STUFF FOR EVERYONE. You might have also seen a new Random Event at the top of this page that includes two items: one is a going away gift from our pals at Nickelodeon Games and the second is a welcome gift from our new JumpStart cohorts. These will also be available for the next week.

Please feel free to contact us via the Help Centre or the Editorial if you have any questions. Until then, we now return you to your regularly scheduled Illusen Day...

~~~

Go to the NEWS page and also receive a couple of free items!

Something has happened!
ImageImage Two soft, non-lethal plushies fall from the sky and into your lap! Like, you were just sitting there and BAM. Plushies. As you examine them, you note that they look kind of familiar, but then...

Something else happened!
Image A second later, a bag falls as well. Thanks to your awesome reflexes, you spot it coming and catch it. You find 150 NC inside! Curious about your good fortune, you decide you'd better read New Features to see what's up.

**Jumpstart make mobile and multiplayer online games. This may be why Neopets Mobile is now getting made!!

Putting this screenie here for posterity - we shall see!

FAQs
Neopets & Jumpstart

1. Can I collect the special JumpStart announcement gifts (plushies and NC) on my side account?
Yup! We know the rule states that you can't collect NP/items on your side account, but we're making an exception for this. Since the items are granted automatically, not by player action, and because it's a special day that we want to celebrate, please feel free to collect the plushies and NC on your side.

2. Who's JumpStart?
JumpStart loved Neopets so much that they became our new benevolent overlords! (Their logo even has a star in it. It was fate.)

They don't jump everywhere they go or anything like that – that would be tiring – but they do make mobile and multiplayer online games. In addition to their own properties, like JumpStart and Math Blaster, they also create games for companies like DreamWorks Animation and the NFL. You can find out more about JumpStart at http://www.jumpstart.com.

And now we’re part of JumpStart, too. We're pretty excited to be the newest member of the family.*
*They didn't make us say that.

3. What does this mean for Neopets right now? What about the future?
Neopets.com isn't going anywhere. To start, Nickelodeon and JumpStart will work together and help us get everything moved over to our new home. All the behind-the-scenes stuff that's needed for the site to run has to be transitioned over. You shouldn't experience any downtime on the site, but please bear with us while we focus on getting all that done. Even with the help of our new cohorts at JumpStart, it's a lot of work! We'll keep you updated.

Once that's complete, we can get back to making interesting things for you to do. This all just happened so we don't have anything definitive yet, but our first meeting with JumpStart had a lot of talk of how they could help with new Games Room games and mobile stuff (that we know you've been asking about) so that'll give you an idea. They were excited and we were excited and there was excitement-induced flailing by all. So everyone's quite enthusiastic about the cool stuff we could do together if only we could stop flailing long enough.

TL;DR - Our first order of business is to get settled in our new home, and then we can get back to focusing on new content for you to enjoy. Also, there will be flailing but it's the good kind.

4. What is happening to The Neopets Team?
Not much. For the most part, the team you know and (hopefully) love isn't going anywhere. (We love you, too, by the way.) We'll continue to make weird items and crazy stories and try our best to keep you entertained. We're just part of JumpStart now, and they're Neopians, too.

Mr. Insane also wants to assure you that "the Meepits can be electrostatically confined to the ∯W sigma plane", whatever that means.

5. What does this mean for my account?
First off, rest assured that all of your data and progress will remain intact! You won't lose a thing. We wanted to get that out of the way for everyone's sanity. *nod*

During the transition, your current Nickelodeon Games account will be split into two accounts. One account will stay with us and log you in to Neopets.com and PetpetPark.com. The other account will stay with Nickelodeon Games and log you in to MonkeyQuest.com. The accounts will have the same username but they will no longer be connected. For example, if you decide to change the password on Neopets, it will not be changed on Monkey Quest. (Because of this, we and Nickelodeon advise you to change the password on both accounts when the time comes so that they're not the same, for security purposes!)

We'll let you know when this part of the transition is complete!

6. What happens to my NC?
For now, your NC balance will still be shared across all three sites: Neopets, Petpet Park, and Monkey Quest. At some point, there may be changes in how NC is allocated among the sites. We will notify you of any changes in how your NC can be used.

7. What if I have Nickelodeon Game Cards that I'd planned to use on Neopets/Petpet Park?
For now, redeemed NC will still be useable on Neopets, Petpet Park, and Monkey Quest. At some point there may be changes in how redeemed NC from Nickelodeon Game Cards may be used among the sites. We will notify you of any changes in how your NC can be used.

8. I'm Premium. Is my membership affected?
Nope! Your membership stays the same and you can still manage it through http://nc.neopets.com/managemembership/ as you always have. You will continue to see the same information on your billing statement, but we'll update you if this changes in the future. If you have any specific questions about your subscription, please write in and let us know!

9. Where did that one sock go?
Probably Dragona. Or maybe she was set up and it was actually Meep-[REDACTED]

Last edited by Daze on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: March 18 2014 - Neopets is sold to JUMPSTART
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:29 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Interesting... very interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wow. I've barely had time to be on Neo this last week due to all our company, but this was a bit of a shocker!

This will be VERY interesting to see how things pan out with this. Very interesting.

Looking at the FAQs, this one makes me feel better:

Quote:
What is happening to The Neopets Team?
Not much. For the most part, the team you know and (hopefully) love isn't going anywhere. (We love you, too, by the way.) We'll continue to make weird items and crazy stories and try our best to keep you entertained. We're just part of JumpStart now, and they're Neopians, too.

Mr. Insane also wants to assure you that "the Meepits can be electrostatically confined to the ∯W sigma plane", whatever that means.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:00 pm 

WHAT WHAT WHAT

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

OH MY GOSH

0_0

I'm scared.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

...just noticed Wheel of Slime is gone, not too surprisingly.

Hm. Guess we'll have to hang on and see what happens. It could be a potentially really good thing

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:50 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Wow. Hopefully the help section will finally be fixed, but until then, could someone please post the relevant info for me? I cannot read the FAQ in any of the three browsers (Firefox, Chrome, and IE8) I have installed on my computer.

Most importantly, when does our NC expire? I was saving mine for the summer shop, but I suddenly have a lot (I missed out on the discount FQFCs because of my internet woes).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:55 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

First post updated with FAQs.

Basically at the moment, everything is staying the same (NC is safe and still has the 1 year from purchase expiry date) but TNT will make announcements when/if things start to change.

~~~

I am just really surprised how quiet this big announcement was kept!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:15 am 

If I recall correctly, JumpStart used to own Blizzard (The company that runs WoW), before it went to Activision & Friends.

I can see this turning out to be a great thing ^^

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:13 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks for sharing the FAQs, Daze. Between them and Pickles's Snarkie's quote, I'm cautiously optimistic about this.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

More from Snarkie:
Quote:
I’ve been asked about my position with Neopets in light of the sale and I’m having a hard time keeping up with all the messages everywhere. (Sorry! Crazy day!) So here’s a public post for folks wondering, until I can answer you individually:

I’m still with Neopets. Thank you for the concern and your lovely notes. <3

Yes, I am genuinely excited to work with JumpStart. I thought this might be a good time to move on to something new but after talking with them and hearing their enthusiasm and their ideas, and learning more about their company, I was excited to stay on and see what we could do together. I think it’ll be lots of hard work but could also be great for Neopets, an awesome brand that I love dearly.

I’m sorry this post has no sarcasm in it. You’ve caught me in a rare moment of complete sincerity. I’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again.

That actually has me more optimistic than the little bit that was posted on Neo proper.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

The "older audience" comment makes me smile. With an emphasis on mobile and indeed a more legitimate mobile means to work with Neopets, I'm very curious what this could mean. Change is scary! :evil:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:09 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Just found it now... I am optimistic, especially if they're interested in the older audience. I've lost the accounts now, but I *was* around long enough ago to remember when the site wasn't so obsessed with everything being absolutely kid-friendly. The debates about Feed Florg, scriptfox and child_dragon writing stories that had real elements of danger and romance, shidi writing those parody stories of the Crocodile Hunter...

Dare I hope that some of the Old Guard might come back, or a new culture of maturity rise again?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:44 pm 

I can see it being a good thing - they will have new ideas and be keen to make it succeed!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:59 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm assuming this glitch is related to the changeover. When I went to visit the TM scratchcard kiosk, the Kiosk Wocky had transformed into this couple:

Last edited by Siniri on Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:35 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Ohhh, missed the glitched image... it seems all back to normal now.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next