For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Neopets App Name Poll

Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:38 pm

Neopets App Name Poll
So we've been working on this Neopets mobile app, see, and it's got some stuff in it. Also, it does things. The trouble is, we have no idea what to call it so we thought we'd ask our fellow Neopians. Welcome to a good ol'-fashioned Neopets poll!

The poll will close at 23:59:59 PST on Tuesday, February 11th, 2014.

Well, JN has posted spoilers of this before, but TNT has finally decided to let us know it's real.

Voting options:
Neopets On-the-Go
Neopets Go!
Neopets Mobile

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with this!

Re: Neopets App Name Poll

Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:35 am

Interesting. I may need this app to really waste a lot more time.

"Neo On-the-Go" makes more sense than those silly extra syllables.

Neopets Go! is too much like HBO Go.

Neopets Mobile is booooring.

Perhaps I've been trained this way by TNT, but... where's my prize for voting? :P

Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:47 am

I just hope there aren't too many bonuses associated with the app, since I have no app-capable device, and when I tried to set up an Android virtual machine on my laptop, it nearly killed my hard drive. You shouldn't be rewarded for accessing the site a certain way. I'm assuming the app will be free.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:27 am

This actually smells like the Neopets Mobile (NeoDex Link) they tried to introduce several years ago where you couldn't get to Lutari Island without the app.

You also had to be on Cingular provided (now defunct) to be allowed to pay the $2.99/month to play.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:35 am

Ohhhh, I would have liked this years ago, but now I am starting over, I doubt I ever pay Neopets another single cent.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:30 pm

It sounds pretty cool. Would have been useful in the past, but hey, better now than never.

I would imagine it would be just like Neopets, but having the ability to play the games on a mobile device. I can't help but wonder if they might have something extra...

Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:32 pm

I'm hoping its free. I might be persuaded to pay $0.99 for the app, but no thanks on any monthly fees.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:40 am

Visiting the page shows this now:
The app name poll is now closed! Thank you to everyone who voted!

Now, we know you now have a ton of questions about the app! We're still making our way through our internal beta at the moment so we don't have any more to share right now, but rest assured we'll keep you updated in New Features when we get closer to launch. Hopefully that's soon. *fingers crossed*
Topic locked