Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: New Event Coming Soon (Edit - 2nd event likely)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:00 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In Shenkuu, munching on Mint Rolls and drinking Black Cherry Tea.
Definite plot involving the Battledome. Neo users on Tumblr are talking about it too, and more posts are made about Battledome items.

Hopefully the new Battledome doesn't need Flash. Haven't checked yet. *crosses fingers*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:00 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Siniri wrote:
Wait, with all these images floating around... we wouldn't have anything we're supposed to do with them yet, right?

Plotplotplotplotplotplotplot!

Honestly, I think the expectation of future plots is what keeps me coming back to Neopets. That and habit.

Not yet Siniri. TNT have announced in the news about the Battledome being down for maintenance today and tomorrow. I think once TNT have it sorted out, the event will start.

I am thinking Tuesday 5th Feb. we will see something happening.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:51 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Zed codestone prices jumped from 14k to 21k overnight (still only 1/3 the price they were before the new BD, though). I may start declining training unless I have the codestones on hand (I'm closer to the 550 boost in everything than the 600 boost; it would take 53 trainings to get even one stat to the 600 boost, but since I supplement with the lab, it'd be more like over 100 trainings to keep things balanced so I can keep zapping). In other words, since I usually only remember to train 1-2 times a day, the plot will likely be over before I can level up.

I have a nice hoard (couldn't resist the pun) of regular codestones from KQ and the BD (dubloons, too, from dailies); I'll wait until prices rise a bit higher to start selling. (Note to any friends who would like to train and need these: let me know -- I can make a pretty big "friends" discount depending on how well I know you, but only if I haven't sold them all off already.)

DHK, the new BD requires the latest HTML (5, I think?) -- if I remember correctly, it won't work in IE (at least not old versions), but it will in more standards-compliant browsers. It can be a bit (a lot) laggy, though -- I'm a little scared of what that's going to be like once everyone is in it at the same time. You should try it out soon to see if it works. I hope it does for you!

My pet is ready for war. The close-up of her face in the battledome kept cracking me up today.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:28 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

NC Mall Plot Packs found:

ImageImageImage

Tyrannian inspired.

14 day pack - that means the nc part goes for 14 days. Hopefully the event goes longer than that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

News for the 30th Jan:

ATTENTION - Now that we have your attention, here is a friendly reminder to train your Neopets on a regular basis. For no reason! Well, the reminder is for no reason. Training is for a reas-- never mind. That is all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1st February

•New Bottled Faeries! - Aethia is almost ready to open her new Ability Academy in the Battledome, but your Neopet won't be able to train without the proper blessings. Thankfully -- or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it -- Balthazar has recently stepped up his game and come up with some new Bottled Faerie technology. If you find one of these new bottles, you can open it and start collecting blessings to prepare!

ImageImageImageImage
Earth ~~~~~~~~~~ Air ~~~~~~~~ Fire ~~~~~~ Water
ImageImageImage
Light ~~~~~~~~~ Dark ~~~~ Unknown

This means the old bottles' magic is fading fast, but fear not. It's said that if you somehow combine them together, there may just be enough magic left to help you train.

New image on Community Hub:

Hmmm... what is this Ixi Seeking?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:07 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Lovely. I like to stockpile bottled faeries and sell them during the next plot/war. Now what to do? Should I "combine" them? Keep them for posterity's sake (maybe they'll be worth something some day)? Sell them if their price ever goes up? Decisions, decisions...

Quote:
Fading Bottled Dark Faerie 6
Fading Bottled Light Faerie 10
Fading Bottled Earth Faerie 5
Fading Bottled Fire Faerie 6
Fading Bottled Air Faerie 3
Fading Bottled Water Faerie 7

I also had blessed all 3 of my pets with all the available faerie abilities. Will any of those abilities still work? Or at least convert to credits or something? It's interesting that you now have to "train" abilities. That actually makes sense. But still, I don't want my NP investment to go completely to waste...

February 06, 2013 3:50pm:

Rumor has it that combining 3 fading bottles in the Cooking Pot will generate 1 of the new ones, though some combinations don't work. It appears that the new bottle you get will be random. Using the new bottles grants you "tokens" (might not be the proper word) in the same category (one person got two random category tokens for the "unknown" bottle). The tokens can be used in the ability training academy once it opens; some people are claiming that using more than one of the new bottles might waste one. There's also a NC component whereby you can speed up training.

The old faeries are already worth ~10k each. Once the new ones become more plentiful, they might drop in price (though at some point, they'll become a collectors' item). If the abilities are going to be useful in the upcoming plot/war event, I might decide to cash my old ones in so I'm not at a disadvantage. I guess I'm glad I stockpiled them so I don't have to feel pressure to spend a lot of NP while prices are high. If you want faeries, the new ones are stocked in the magic shop (good luck with that!), and the old ones are still available as a prize from Scorchy Slots.

BlueEdit: Combined double post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:03 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I have about 30 or so in my SDB. I have not combined them yet. I want to find out exactly what the new abilities will mean in the new battledome.

The unknown (rainbow) faerie gives 2 faerie blessings. So if there is a definite combination for that one, it would be worth it. It is all random.
Edit:
From the Editorial 581:
Why can ANY mix of the fading faeries create ANY weak bottled faerie? In the past, the Cooking Pot was always specific about the outcome of mixing items. Not to mention that it seems very strange to mix three light faeries and get a dark faerie. One would expect that the dominant type of faerie put in would determine the outcome. ~scifi_crazy
We purposefully programmed it that way, so players couldn't corner the market by hoarding one type of fading faerie and, thus, making one type of weak faerie more rare than the others.

Last edited by Daze on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:20 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I hope there are plenty of users who intend to hold onto their bottled faeries despite the change. Certainly there's plenty of collections after all these years? :evil:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:18 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In Shenkuu, munching on Mint Rolls and drinking Black Cherry Tea.
I have a few Bottled Faeries... Do the new ones grant abilities? Or we have no idea as the new abilities haven't been released?

I like hoarding items, especially retired ones.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:24 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

It's coming! I just got a "Something Has Happened" that shook my screen, and it had an image of Tyrannia on the left (the box resembled those used during the Negg Festival, not the old-fashioned SHHs). Except it had no text inside the box... Still, obviously they're working on it.

And two seconds later, another one... with text:
Quote:
A pillar of light explodes from the horizon, blinding you momentarily. Wonder what caused it?

And there's some disturbance on the horizon of the Tyrannian plateau; it leads here, but it says to wait. Still, it's coming!

Just got the earthquake again, this time with text:
Quote:
That wasn't your imagination... That was an earthquake! Something must have disrupted Neopia's seismic equilibrium.

Last edited by Siniri on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:39 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I have posted up in the Plot section, now that the plot has started. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:31 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Please post all Tyrannian plot items in the new thread in the plot section here (link)

Thanks!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2