Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Anyone else ever seen a stolen pet gotten back this quickly?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:31 pm 

I recently saw a board on the PC about a UC pet being stolen and within 15mins of the girl posting the board and a well known pcer showing up having traded for the stolen pet. The pets were switched back by TNT. The UC was sent back to original owner's side account and was frozen for her protection. What I find amazing is how fast the pets were switched back. I've never heard of this before. Anyone else?

Post subject: Re: Anyone else ever seen a stolen pet gotten back this quic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:17 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Not specifically about pets, but I've heard that TNT has gotten faster at freezing stolen accounts. Last year, there was a spate of older (some famous) accounts being stolen -- accounts of savvy users who would never fall for a fake log-in page or other scams; people who are careful about what Neopets-related sites they go to. In many cases, TNT was able to freeze the account within minutes of it being stolen. Though the sheer number created a backlog, accounts were restored relatively quickly (days to a month), and lost items/pets/petpets (though not their age, and not their zapped species :() were restored within an hour or two of the users reporting the missing items once they were back into their accounts.

A few days ago, I reported someone for harassing me on a Neoboard. They were silenced and the post deleted within 5 minutes. They then came back on a side and tried to harass me some more, though not at a level I felt was reportable (they tried to trick me into leaving a battle against Punchbag Bob with a weak pet a third of a way through, but I knew better). Either someone else reported them or TNT was still monitoring the thread, because their side account's posts went poof within a few minutes.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]