Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: PPT Member Neopets Trick-or-Treating 2012
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:32 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Trick-or-Treating 2012

A few years back, we had a tradition whereby members would sign up, and then "trick-or-treat" at each other's "houses" on Neopets. It was a fun way to interact with each other. I realize our numbers are fewer, but I'm willing to organize this again. How it works (open to changing if people have suggestions):

1) Sign up in this thread. You do NOT have to post your Neopets username in this thread. Note days during Halloween week (Monday-Friday) when you would rather not be the host house (it will take more time to give out treats than get them).

2) Send me a PM with your Neopets gallery and any wishlists you have, if you'd like treats tailored to your interests. I will consolidate this info and send it to participants. You may only participate on one Neopets account.

3) On each day of Halloween week (starting Monday, October 29th), create a trade with the designated "junk" item and "wish list" message (it will be the same thing day-to-day, but I'll send it via PM); send a PM to the PPT host of that day (who will be announced on-thread).

4) On your day to host (or within 24 hours), make offers on all trades you're sent. It's only fair to turn on your own porch light if you're going to go trick-or-treating! Suggested spending limit (open to negotiation): 1000-1500 NP per person. No more than 10 items should be offered, and 1 should be the designated item (indicated via PM later). {I'd personally rather have a spending limit of 4000-5000 NP, but I don't want to set it too high and keep people from participating. It's just more fun shopping for gifts in that range.}

5) Optional: post in this thread about your costume, tricks, treats, house decorations, etc. Pictures and hijinks are encouraged.

6) Optional: if you'd rather not trick-or-treat but would still like to be a host house, that's allowed. I'm anticipating sign-ups will be small, so if anyone would like to host more than once, you may also do that (no doubling on trick-or-treating, though).

7) If someone does not follow through on the giving portion of this activity, please let me know. I will try to work it out with them, and bring it to the attention of the moderators if necessary, as I would consider this scamming.

Note: For safety's sake, this will be limited to active (100+ posts) PPT members. If anyone feels this is not a high enough security measure, I'm open to suggestions on how to make it safer. I have a feeling nearly everyone still active here who still plays Neopets is already my Neofriend, though.

Trick-or-Treaters
1) siniri (double host)

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Post subject: Re: PPT Member Neopets Trick-or-Treating 2012
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:32 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, this was a bust of an idea. If anyone would like to "trick or treat" at my "house" on Neopets, just send me a PM with a trade link containing a ghostkerscarf (and a link to your gallery and/or wishlist). :evil:

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Post subject: Re: PPT Member Neopets Trick-or-Treating 2012
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:43 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Nah. It was a great idea, but there just weren't enough kiddies.

I'll stop by later on for a cuppa tea or something. Maybe coffee :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]