Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: OPEN BETA - NEW BATTLEDOME
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:31 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

11/17: I know, Daze. I didn't explain well because I was frustrated, but I was forced into extra battles on 3 occasions today (2 resulting in extra losses). The first two times I got forced into a battle today, I got an error when I tried to "fight again" (i.e., against a different opponent), and then it immediately took me back into the arena against the same opponent. That was stinky enough, but the third time, I lost -- the only option is to "exit" -- and there was no error message. I was taken back to the main battle page, and it was only when I went to heal that I realized there was an issue. I double-checked my record, and the loss against the Snow Beast had already registered -- it entered me in a new fight instead of exiting. That shouldn't be possible, to enter a fight with zero HP. So I had to withdraw in order to heal, giving me two losses against my record when it should have only been one.

ETA 11/30: My battle pet is stuck in an invisible battle (I can enter other battles, but not unequip items or heal) and has been since 8am. I tried rebattling everyone I'd battled since I last healed, but that didn't work. According to the Neoboards, this is a somewhat common problem, and TNT is currently unsticking people once a day, so if it happens to you, submit a bug report. I would like to heal-feed my other pets and/or add to my healing potion stockpile.

ETA 12/1: 24 hours later and still stuck, but it's a new day, so I figured I'd get my new BD prizes today. After my first battle, I went to my challenges page and found the elusive stuck battle: Chiazilla, 26h. It had glitched, making me repeat parts of the battle a few times. I rebattled him a couple of times yesterday, figuring it was him, but that didn't work. Lesson: If you get stuck, just keep checking back if TNT doesn't fix it for you.

Note: the "stuck" battle took me right to the beginning against Chiazilla. Of course my HP were substantially more depleted than I'd have had them had I chosen to battle him. *sigh* Another loss due to a glitch. At least I can heal.

Nope! Now I'm stuck in a 26-hour battle against the Koi Warrior. With zero HP. How pathetic. And next was the Chia Clown. I am NOT going to take losses against every single opponent I battled yesterday. That would be ridiculous. Two is two too many; any more, I can't stomach what it would do to my win-loss record. I've revised my bug report, and I'll be doing all the healing periodic activities I can in the meantime, hoping to get some HP to get back into battle. Even 1 would do it.

Lesson: Do NOT continue battling if you get stuck in an invisible battle. You'll actually get stuck in a series of battles, and if you lose all your HP, that could mean a lot of extra losses.

ETA 12/1: Pickles reminded me that you can gain HP by training HP, so I'm back in business today (after getting 1k, a koi morphing potion, and various other prizes but no healings from WoE yesterday). And I'm unstuck! Turns out not all of my challengers were queued up; there were only 2 more before it abruptly ended. Still seems weird to get stuck in 5 fights simultaneously.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Last edited by Siniri on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:26 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Glad you got unstuck, Siniri.

I am still having page loading lag. :(

It has taken the enjoyment out of fighting for me. If I can't work out why my 'fight' page wont load in under 2 minutes, then any plot/event fights are going to be really long and boring and not much fun.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:51 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Two minutes? Mine takes a while to load sometimes, but I don't think it's that long. I view battling as something to do while I'm busy doing other things; any time I'm waiting for a page to load, for example, I can go and do a bit of battling until it lags on me. It means I spend a fair amount of time battling, and yet it's time I would have wasted anyway. Are you premium? A premium user I know couldn't get in at all for about a week, but suddenly this week she could get back in (she also upgraded FF and Flash and said the lag went away for her, though it's still there for me with the same upgrades).

Post subject: Re: NEW BATTLEDOME COMING SOON!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:53 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Daze wrote:
I like how it is more interactive, but unless TNT put it back to how the challenger increases in HP after each win, then I don't see myself using that much.

Sounds like they heard you.

Quote:
Challengers do not increase in strength/health after each defeat. (We've seen the feedback on this! We're definitely open to bringing it back in some form. We're discussing.)

I quite like being able to challenge multiple difficulties, and can see that if difficulty increase is brought back I'll quickly be outclassed by the challengers. I hope they just make it an optional super-hard mode.

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:57 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm stuck in a battle again... just not an invisible one. I keep getting "Sorry, there was an error sending/receiving data. Please try again." when I try to submit a move. The funny part is I'm battling the Down For Maintenance Pteri.

ETA: And after posting this, it finally went through after half an hour (no, I wasn't trying continuously that whole time).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:13 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I get that message ( Sorry, there was an error sending/receiving data. Please try again), all the time. :(

It has made battling too time consuming and annoying for me. I have not used the dome in weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:00 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

12/13: Daze, I find that the battledome goes through glitchy times; if you're getting a lot of glitches, try back again a little later, and try to do more battles when it's working better. (Sometimes the glitchy times last only ~1/2 hour, sometimes all day.) I also battle as I wait for other pages to load because it's so laggy. Wars/plots are not going to be fun unless they tidy things up. They could have the 2p and 1p info on the same page (with maybe a jump-link to the lower one), and once you click on an opponent, they could take you straight into the battledome (rather than making you scroll down and click "okay"), but for the first move, have an option "Hey, this isn't who I wanted to fight" that wouldn't penalize you for backing out (same for picking a pet -- it selects as soon as you click, but on the next screen, it shows you and you can back up if you made a mistake). And I wish you could just turn off the animation, permanently.

Edited 12/23: Is the battledome not loading for anyone else? It keeps freezing on the "vs." page for me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:54 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I am not getting stuck at the VS page, but I I keep getting the 'log in' page, although when I refresh it is fine. The dome is actually working quite well for me today. LOL.

Edit:

12 hours later and the stupid dome is freezing on the VS screen. First fight - Cosmic Dome - Giant Space Fungus.

10 minutes and counting. The screen wont load, so now I have to have another lose because I can't fight.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:23 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I finally withdrew from my fight, too, so I could use the healing spring. Not going to try again until I get my new hard drive.

ETA: The battledome is working for me again! I stole the Lab Ray Scientist's "strange potion" and I just had to use it!
Quote:
You have just changed Lab Ray Scientist from Female to Male!!!

She had some rather strong eyebrows for a female! Because of them, I'd always assumed she was already male.

ETA: The abilities school is open! It's very different, not too surprisingly. You do get some NP for your past abilities (I received 50k). Also, there are an avvie and a trophy (depending on your record in the old battledome). Also also, "burrow" is going to be expensive. Also also also, Snarkie posted on a Neoboard that the new faeries would be added to the "loot boards" (I think she meant as BD prizes) and there would be a lot more on the market in the next few days (hint hint). Also also also also... the BD is currently down.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:50 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I got a gold trophy at 36,000K. After that, the site lagged so much, I couldn't do anything....I gave up and went to work (had been thinking of taking a sick day. :evil: ) LOL.

From the News:

20th February

•Aethia's Ability Academy! (BETA) - Aethia has opened shop and is now ready to teach your Neopets a plethora of new abilities for use in the Battledome... if you're strong enough! Some things to note:

◦How does the new system work? In short, open new bottles to receive blessings and then use those blessings to train the abilities available to your Neopet based on their level. You can train one ability per tier! Any ability you train can be used during a fight using the new slot next to your weapons. Visit the Ability Academy to check it out.
◦You may start finding stronger bottles that give out more blessings!
◦The new ability system, just like the new Battledome, is in beta! Please report any bugs or irregularities! We may also need to change certain abilities or their blessing costs based on fight data and your feedback, to make sure things are balanced. If we change anything, we'll let you know!
◦Old abilities are no more! If you had any of them, please be sure to visit the Battledome, where you will be compensated for your loss. Veteran Battledomers will also receive a trophy to commemorate the old Battledome. *moment of silence*

There's more to learn, but that's the gist. The tutorial and Battledome FAQs will be updated as we work out the kinks. We hope you like the new system. Please continue to send us your feedback on all things Battledome!

Battledome board - user post:

Quote:
1 Make challangers drop the new blessings, or make stock in magic in bulk for a while

2 Please do not merge the new and old records. They are completly different. Start the new one from zero, and link to the old one and old HSLs somewhere;

3 Nice trophy. Number of wins superimposed on it would be nice - or a click through to our old record?

Snarkies Post:
Quote:
1) They'll be in loot tables in a bit (they're propagating now). Also have a number of other ways they're being released. Supply should increase quite a bit over the next few days. *fingers crossed*

2) We've seen the feedback and we're re-evaluating! (There's a note in beta news about it.) Right now leaning toward not merging and providing old stats separately via click-thru on the veteran trophy, but if there's merit in both options then we might put up a poll and let people vote. (Weighted by old BD participation, o'course.)

3) The numbers are available on UL already, but this is a good idea, especially when we change that BD stats icon to use new stats -- merged or not. So we'll put the old win number next to the trophy title like with plots.

(I'll note that Gold went to about 3% of the veteran Battledoming population. So while the win number seems to point to gold for the masses, it actually went to a fairly small number of people. There are just some folks who throw the curve way out of whack. )

Battledome is still down.....
As of 11.50pm NST, Battledome is up and so are the abilities.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:16 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Quote:
Ah, a Battledome Veteran! For your valour in battles of old, a trophy is granted. For your knowledge of faerie magic abilities, these Neopoints are yours. Well done, warrior.
43,000 NP

Nice. I really didn't think I used Battledome all that much, but I'm top 3%?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:55 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

That's the same trophy I got, Blue.

Loot drops are glitched (or were as of 2am NST, when I discovered that zed codestones had inflated 15-30k in FOUR HOURS -- quite literally -- and tried to battle to win one, only to give up after an hour after only getting 2 opponent-specific drops in all that time).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:43 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I got a nice gold trophy along with 33k, I was rather pleased with that.

I'm too old for this!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:49 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Siniri wrote:
That's the same trophy I got, Blue.

Loot drops are glitched (or were as of 2am NST, when I discovered that zed codestones had inflated 15-30k in FOUR HOURS -- quite literally -- and tried to battle to win one, only to give up after an hour after only getting 2 opponent-specific drops in all that time).

*blink* Maybe it's time to sell the red codestones I've been hoarding; it's going to be a long time until I get my pets trained enough to actually use them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:01 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

CW, I've been making a ton of profit off the regulars (i.e., nearly 500k today alone). The drops are back, but I only got 2 regular codestones (and no reds) from the Koi Warrior, so it's not nearly as many as it used to be -- and people are desperate to reach that next boost before the war breaks out in earnest.

I don't think prices will fall as low as they'd been since the drops have been fixed, but they should go down a little once demand decreases after this war. So if you sell now, it's likely you'll be able to buy them later for cheaper.

On a related note, I also got 2 weakened bottled faeries from the Koi Warrior. Note that you don't need any faeries for the lowest tier abilities.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3