Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Mysterious Negg Daily
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:22 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

(okay, not so new, but I tried to log onto the forum 3 different times in the past week or so, and all 3 times the site was down)

Has anyone else been doing the Mysterious Negg daily? I miss some of the old daily puzzles (like Poogle solitaire, though I understand why they got rid of it). This one is nice; it doesn't take very long at all, and there seems to be a nice diversity of prizes (I haven't gotten any duplicates yet, at any rate). I wish there were a chance to get a harder puzzle that would give out a low-level negg, but that would probably upset negg collectors and resellers.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Post subject: Re: New Mysterious Negg Daily
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:44 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
(There's been a few hosting issues lately)

The new Mysterious Negg daily is currently my favorite daily. It actually makes me think a little, yet doesn't take a lot of time. The prizes are nice, too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:55 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I look forward to the Negg Puzzle like I look forward to the Sudoku of the newspaper (I sadly don't take to Neopets version...sorry). It's a challenging knot that seeks to be solved, and while they are simple, it's a little something to keep your mind fresh. And I especially like the fact The Neggbreaker is becoming available to the public again, this time without the vulnerability to the Negg Amulet as before. :evil:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:15 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I like it too. Once I figured out how the clues work, it turned into a nice little puzzle for me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:22 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In Shenkuu, munching on Mint Rolls and drinking Black Cherry Tea.
How does it work? I can't play it on my iPod (long story why I can't use the computer for Neopets). Is it like Tetris, almost?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:12 am 
Administrator
Administrator

domo_hello_kitty wrote:
How does it work? I can't play it on my iPod (long story why I can't use the computer for Neopets). Is it like Tetris, almost?

It is the same "cracking the negg" puzzle from the 2012 Festival of Neggs

It is more of a puzzle game where you get a few clues to where tokens and their color must be placed in a 3x3 grid.

A better explanation is here. Scroll down to "Cracking the Negg"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:14 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

It has one similarity to Roodoku (Neopets Number Places/Sudoku) -- my puzzle yesterday had more than one possible solution. It accepted the first solution I entered; I don't know if it would have accepted the alternate (I hate Shenkuu tangrams because it only accepts one possibility). The multiple solutions in Roodoku really irk me because I use logic to find the sole solution, and having to blindly guess defeats the purpose of the puzzle. Because the negg puzzle is a smaller scale, I didn't have to dither as long, though it still made the whole thing take longer than it should have.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:57 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I have been wondering the same thing. I've had a couple puzzles that had multiple possibilities. I think as long as the clues and the rules are satisfied (one each token/color), then the answer is accepted.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:01 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I can confirm that not every single solution is accepted, but I think as long as each piece of the puzzle is put where it should be, you can fill in any blanks however you like.

I had one of those puzzles where it showed all nine squares, and showed partial or complete identities for the top 3, left 2 in the second row, and bottom left. The second piece showed a 4-square piece, with a yellow in the bottom left, red in the bottom right, and purple in the top right. The middle square was a yellow, so this second piece could have fit in the top right or bottom right. I decided to try it in the top right first, and it left all the reds to be sorted however I liked. Even though I double-checked that all 3 colors had all 3 shapes and that it matched the two clues, it was rejected (I triple-checked after the rejection). I moved the second piece to the bottom right, which still left ~2-3 pieces that were interchangeable, but it was accepted the first try (as has always been the case in the past).

This was the first time I tried to overlap the pieces as much as possible; in the past I've tried to overlap as little as possible while still satisfying all the clues, and my solution has always been accepted first try, even when I had to guess the positions of 2-3 different squares at the end.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]