Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Festival of Neggs 2012
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:16 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The last clues - Entry 17 is up. Only gives the last occupation, which is Botantist.

Doesn't help anyone who still doesn't know the answer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:12 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

well personally I guessed Rutu and Shenku... thats my thought ont he matter anyways.

Am looking to refer a few people to premium! Want a referal please contact me!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:22 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

You got it right!

The solution you submitted after reading the entry on day 7, that the mysterious Negg from the journal was a Clockwork Negg and taken to Shenkuu by Rutu for its protection, was correct! For correctly solving this mystery, you have earned:

Sinsis Puzzle Book
Brightvales Brightest
Nighttime in Brightvale Background

These items are now in your inventory. Unfortunately, they are not being watched over by a poogle botanist.

If you guess correctly you got: (the prize for the day and the days below it).
Day 4: Clever Clogs Usuki
Day 5: Math Puzzles
Day 6: Hubrids Puzzle Box Stamp
Day 7: Brightvales Brightest
Day 8: Nighttime in Brightvale Background
Guessed wrong: Sinsis Puzzle Book

Did not guess at all: nothing.

Last edited by Daze on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The Protector's Journey
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:44 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Daze wrote:
The Protector's Journey

Puzzle

Opponent

Part 1 is done! Part 2 seems to be about investigating the Cave in Shenkuu (although it is not available just yet).

Quote:
At last, the mystery surrounding the journal has been figured out!

It turns out that the journal was kept by a poogle botanist named Rutu, who took the Clockwork Negg to Shenkuu. Well, now that the mystery's been solved, it's time to go investigate that cave in Shenkuu where the Negg is supposedly hidden...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
YAY! I got Siniri's Puzzle book :P

I also received the Nighttime in Brightvale Background

(I finally made my guess at 17th April, 5:43:57 am NST)

Post subject: Re: The Protector's Journey
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:16 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Part B:
Quote:
Okay, so we now know that a poogle botanist named Rutu was the author of the journal. That still leaves plenty of questions though, like what ever happened to her, or the Negg? There's no way she could still be protecting it, could she? If not, then what became of the Negg? Hmm, seems to me like there's still plenty of work to be done—like finding that Negg, for starters...

PUZZLE TIME!!
Quote:
After a long and demanding journey...

...you finally find yourself at the location where Rutu the botanist has been (or, rather, had been) watching over the mysterious Clockwork Negg mentioned in her journal. Everything you've accomplished has led you to this moment...

Despite an urge to rush in, you resist, briefly considering your options. Not seeing any traps, you slowly begin to approach. Advancing on the noble poogle's skeletal remains, you find yourself moved by her defence of the powerful artefact. An up-close look at the Negg's magnificence, however, snaps you back to reality.

You reach for the Clockwork Negg...

...based on the rationale that you'd never forgive yourself if you came all that way and then elected not to grab the Negg when it was right in front of you (provided that you even made it out alive, of course).

So, you'd rather start from scratch...
Are you certain that you'd prefer to clear your progress on this side of the puzzle and start it over again?
If at first you don't succeed...
Unfortunately, your solution for this side of the Negg is incorrect. Don't lose hope, though—you can always give it another shot. Better luck next time!
You've done it! You've solved this part of the puzzle...
This Clockwork Negg that you've found is rather unusual. Considering the lengths one must go to in order to open it, somebody must've really wanted to keep whatever's inside it protected...
At last, the mystery can be revealed...
The mysterious Negg you've discovered is starting to open... what could possibly be inside? It's only a matter of moments now... to think, of all the obstacles you've overcome to get here... there it goes, aaand...

You look at your parchment. It seems like the decision to grab it was a good one, as the markings on the parchment appear to match some of the markings on the Negg! The conundrum will be figuring out what these markings mean, and where to place the symbols on the Negg. Apparently there are three sides to the Negg, which means there must be three puzzles to solve. This will be quite a challenge. Luckily, it looks like you can change between puzzles without any of your symbols changing or being removed. *whew*

(You have until the end of the day on 4/22 to complete this part of the Mysterious Negg event. But don't wait until the last second, for there will be more to do afterward!)

Click in front of the negg first, to get your parchments.

You need to place symbols into the grid on the negg - one each of each symbol/colour combination (3 colours x 3 symbols = 9 squares).

You get "hints" on the parchment - to work out which hints you need to use, match the symbol at the top of the negg with the symbol at the top of the scroll (click to select the one you want).

SCREENIE tips on how to solve your puzzle (everyone's will be a different pattern):

Your puzzle solving skills are unmatched!

It's too bad about that whole toxic dark matter thing, though... anyhow, you solved the Clockwork Negg's puzzles, allowing you to unlock it and reveal what was inside. If nothing else, you have the following things that you grabbed from the botanist to reward you for your effort...

Spring Negg Wig
Rainbow Cybunny Negg Cookie
Strawberry Plant

Hanging Vines
Negg Noodles Stamp

These items are now in your inventory, which, you can rest assured, is not overflowing with dark matter (well, unless you count Piles of Soot... just kidding!).

Last edited by Daze on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:08 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Okay, I got the "continue on" pop-up... and then.... nothing. No negg opening, no prizes, just the negg with a grayed out "submit" button.

And I'm still kicking myself over the part 1 prizes (since I missed out on 3 prizes); I now will follow my own gut and not listen to anyone else... except I don't know what got me stuck this time!

ETA: Searched on the boards and realized you have to submit the puzzle on each side (I solved it on all 3 sides before submitting, assuming the button was for the whole thing). I had clicked through the first time and the button was grayed out on the other sides until I cleared my cache (or I'm totally unobservant and didn't notice the change in color even though I was specifically looking for it the first time -- maybe I clicked through too fast?). So for anyone else who thinks they're stuck, check all 3 sides. Time to delete that ticket...

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:02 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri - Thanks for the tip on the 3 sides!

There's an arrow on the bottom of the negg to get to the other sides...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:03 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

can anyone help me with mine I've been at this for hours and no luck at all. I am so not good with puzzles. if someone will help me I will provide screen shots.

http://www.neopets.com/~ShadowySilence

someone tried to help me earlier and told me all these coloured symbols to use, no solid colours or nothing and all 3 were wrong.. I am so many hours in I am going insane, and begging help from my fellow PPT'ers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Dark Matter!?! Awesome! I was about to get one more Curse Spike to get a Dark Matter of my own, but seeing as this is just sitting there... *swipe* :evil:

*ahem* I'm looking forward to seeing what manner of beast comes forth. All Neggs beware!

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:01 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Sylence wrote:
can anyone help me with mine I've been at this for hours and no luck at all. I am so not good with puzzles. if someone will help me I will provide screen shots.

http://www.neopets.com/~ShadowySilence

someone tried to help me earlier and told me all these coloured symbols to use, no solid colours or nothing and all 3 were wrong.. I am so many hours in I am going insane, and begging help from my fellow PPT'ers

I am unsure what the other person was telling you, but that screenie was completely wrong. You do not rotate or breakup the clues given. The pieces lay down in the grid as you see them. (some may overlap), but on your last negg screenie,that I am helping with, it is very straight forward.

You can do it in 2 ways:

Coloured dots can be layed down first, as you have 3 yellow and 3 purple (that can only be placed in one way), once down, you can just add the red. Then you work on the symbols. I have just worked through the clues and layed them down, then I would just fill in the rest, as you know you only need 1 symbol in each colour (position doesn't matter).

Last Negg screenie:

You have 3 purple dots that must go diagonally, as it is the only place they will fit - this means those symbols will be purple (yours in the top screenie aren't).

You also have 3 of the same symbol going in a diagonal in the other direction - these can only go in one spot. This means your middle symbol will be purple, as it lands on your purple middle square.

Your cluster of 3 symbols can only go down the bottom left, as there is on other place for them to go (as you already have a symbol in the middle).

Your cluster of 3 yellow dots can only go down the bottom right, as there is nowhere else they will fit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

thanks loads hon... I finally got a grasp on it and got my images fixed *S*

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:46 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

PART C:

Luckily for you, the dark matter's begun to dissipate—not so luckily, however, the clearing of the dark matter has revealed a rather fearsome-looking creature... the notorious Neggbreaker!

(Click on the Neggbreaker to attempt to defeat him.)

You peer inside the opened Clockwork Negg...

...and find a beautiful green amulet! Reaching in and pulling out the amulet, the Neggbreaker suddenly seems very concerned about the artefact you're now holding.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:01 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Took me a minute to find the amulet. Quite the weapon...

To the victor goes the spoils...

...as your reward for vanquishing the Neggbreaker with the amulet, you have earned the following prize:

Ultimate Negg of Destruction

This item is now in your inventory. Congratulations on a most Negg-cellent adventure!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:53 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Blue wrote:
Took me a minute to find the amulet. Quite the weapon...

The amulet only does 3 earth icons and defends 3 dark and 3 air against other opponents.

But as the Negg Breaker is 'weakened' by its presence, you can do 20,000 damage every hit, with or without it. You need to have it equipped, but you do not have to use it against the Negg Breaker for it to work.

Outside of the Negg Breaker it is a weak weapon.

The prize negg is a "once per battle' weapon and can do 10 icons - 3 fire, 2 air, 2 light, 3 physical.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next