Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR NEOPET POUNDINGS!!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:06 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

•NOTICE - Due to increasing numbers of Neopets causing core dumps on our database servers, we had to make some changes to how the site performs. Unfortunately, this means we will have to purge some Neopets from the system. Starting on Monday, each account will only be allowed three Neopets rather than four. In the next few hours, we will be sending Neopets into the Pound and purging the Pound itself by the end of today (Sunday).

If you would like to help us out, please visit the Pound and send a Neopet of your choice to it! If one is not chosen by the time we start running the Automated Pound Transfer script, a random Neopet will be chosen for you and taken to the Pound to be purged. Please stay tuned for further updates! We apologize for the inconvenience.

APRIL FOOLS 2012

Also check out the Shop Wiz for some very weird things happening!

Post subject: Re: IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR NEOPET POUNDINGS!!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:28 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Man, I wrote out a long post "freaking out" about having to pound a pet but not being able to, but Daze posted this while I was writing. I didn't see an obvious "April Fools!" message like in past years... is that only available if you haven't already gotten the avvie?

I don't get the SW thing at all. It's just annoying. At least the order of shops is correct by price, but not being able to see the prices will make restocking rather annoying. That better be another mini-prank and not the start of some kind of event where the SW will get progressively worse!

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:29 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

See also.

x

(P.S. Check out the Neodex's coverage of today's events =) )

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:55 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

TNT really went all out this year. In addition to the obvious pound prank and the annoying SW prank, there were also pranks in the trading post and auctions. And then there was the lab ray prank, which would turn your "most valuable" pet into a strawberry Mynci. My friend with an unconverted royal Kougra was totally fooled by that one; he was halfway through writing a freak-out ticket when he thought to look on the boards.

It's funny, when I went to the lab ray, it behaved normally. When I heard what happened to my friend, I looked at my own look-up and my pets were normal, so I figured I'd missed out on the prank by going too early. But right before I went to bed, I switched pets to go to the healing springs, and my male Royalgirl Flotsam was suddenly a strawberry Mynci!

I thought TNT showed a lot of creativity this year; the "lame" and "obvious" pranks reduced people's paranoia, so that they were able to actually fall for some of the other pranks (I heard the trading post prank involved faking emptying someone's entire SDB -- that alone would have freaked me out, thinking about how long it'd take to put it all back!).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:23 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Yes, I liked the staggered release of pranks - lulling people into a false sense of security!

Them leaving the 'you must pound one of your pets' notice up until about 9 am NST today was totally unacceptable, though - the pound became active again at midnight. I couldn't hazard a guess at how many people will have genuinely disowned a pet because of it.

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Siniri wrote:
I thought TNT showed a lot of creativity this year; the "lame" and "obvious" pranks reduced people's paranoia, so that they were able to actually fall for some of the other pranks (I heard the trading post prank involved faking emptying someone's entire SDB -- that alone would have freaked me out, thinking about how long it'd take to put it all back!).
Considering my SDB is already empty, I don't think I would have minded too much. :evil: But yes, it looks like I would have really liked this year's prank if I was around. Busy playing Dungeons & Dragons n stuff. And by enjoy I mean I would have really been annoyed. But as it goes. :P

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]