Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: So Neopets is going down...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:21 pm 

In terms of users over the last few years.

Why do you guys think this is happening?

If there are 5 things you would change about the site, that would make it more popular again, what would they be? I mean the site definitely has some good elements.

Post subject: Re: So Neopets is going down...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:49 am 
PPT God
PPT God

1. Stop making Neomail a hassle to use, and allow proper communication to flow.
2. Update Guilds, which have had the same coding since...ever?
3. Update how the Battledome functions to make it more balanced (going to be hated for sure).
4. Have NC Mall material have a purpose other than accessorizing, or get rid of it.
5. Reward the commitment old time users have placed into Neopets.

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:45 am 
PPT God
PPT God

1. improve the support system, seriously unhelpful. a lot of players run into problems and just leave.. what i did, and i still can't get the password back to my old account after they did the birthdate thing unexpectedly (like 5 years ago)
2. don't be all Facebook, changing things and not allowing any choice in the matter, transitions would be nice
3. aim at increasing the appeal to the growing generation, by that i mean developing activities to keep players when they grow up, interested in the site
4. Battledome upgrade :P (I agree Jacob!)
5. improve the support system. because it really bugs me.

and its not something i ever see happening, and some people will disagree with me.. but all the retired items that disappeared when old accounts were deleted, re-release them, given its been so long.. bet you there are some items which don't exist anymore.

If you see my sanity, get it to give me a call.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:14 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
autechre wrote:
1. improve the support system, seriously unhelpful. a lot of players run into problems and just leave.. what i did, and i still can't get the password back to my old account after they did the birthdate thing unexpectedly (like 5 years ago)
2. don't be all Facebook, changing things and not allowing any choice in the matter, transitions would be nice
3. aim at increasing the appeal to the growing generation, by that i mean developing activities to keep players when they grow up, interested in the site
4. Battledome upgrade :P (I agree Jacob!)
5. improve the support system. because it really bugs me.

and its not something i ever see happening, and some people will disagree with me.. but all the retired items that disappeared when old accounts were deleted, re-release them, given its been so long.. bet you there are some items which don't exist anymore.

I agree - there are some items which no longer exist. This means my gallery will never be complete as there's one item that appears to no longer exist. I submitted a ticket about it, but they closed it with a form letter :P (I agree with your #1 and #5).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:40 am 
PPT God
PPT God

yeah, i used to collect cloud aisha items, and 6 years ago finding someone with a cloud aisha cloud maker was hard, now i doubt anyone has one who still plays neopets. collecting kadoaties is my new thing, since at least i can paint them myself..

what do you collect?

If you see my sanity, get it to give me a call.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:16 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I would never have done that huge site overhall. Granted the site needed a makeover, but now it is so cluttered and unorganized that I still don't really know how to navigate around. That, and they changed the art for all the pets (though you can leave them as they were... which is of course how most of mine are!). Those things were absolute deal-breakers for me.
I would also appreciate it catering slightly more to an older crowd. The site was originally intended for bored college students. Now that I'm finally a bored college student, the site caters to 8-year-olds :P
Rewarding long-lasting users would also be a plus, since Subeta does that. I just realized I've been a member of Neopets for 10 years. 10 years!!! Surely the economy wouldn't tank if they gave a free paint brush or something for every decade you were a member, hehe.

Zero set 13 of 26

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:43 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In Shenkuu, munching on Mint Rolls and drinking Black Cherry Tea.
1. The huge emphasis on NC. Plots, Games, etc.
2. Changing the petpage filters without warning. After I started my directory, 15 days later, the filters changed. :x
3. Support System. It sounded neat at first, but after finding out that the issue was never solved (Classic Neogardens), I just got fed up with it.
4. New updates on maps. It looks okay, but when I'm forced to use dial-up, I just want to tear the map away from my sight.
5. How TNT works. I recently read some of the old updates, and Neo seemed to be a better place, more geared towards what the players want. The Ski Lodge mystery sounds interesting. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:27 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

1. Being such a memory drain.
2. Failure to fix problems (or act like they even care).
3. Too many events -- it seems like everything is an event now, and you hardly get a break -- and so many of them seem to just be excuses to sell NC. I'd rather have fewer "events" while they plan better events (such as LDP, TFR) and fix what's broken around the site.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:34 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Zero! wrote:
I would also appreciate it catering slightly more to an older crowd. The site was originally intended for bored college students. Now that I'm finally a bored college student, the site caters to 8-year-olds :P
THIS!!! :evil:

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]