Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Habitarium
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I've gotten into a habit of playing Habitarium as of late. I mostly ignore the customizing and decorations of it, and just focus on building XP and getting levels. Why? Something to do to pass the time? It still runs (better and faster even) if I have an open window for it, and can still work on other things if I please. Plus there's something calming about sorting out a Habitarium that's gotten rundown because you didn't visit in a few days.

How about the rest of y'all? Do you find enjoyment in pulling the little critters around?

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

Post subject: Re: Habitarium
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:22 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I do, but it's such a drain on my system since they added all the animation that I can't run it very long without my laptop running too hot, even if it has its own window. I wish there were a lower quality version, or a way to turn the animation off. As it is, if I leave it open too long and do other things, it sometimes crashes Flash, and I wouldn't want to get locked out of it again (which happens if you haven't collected your level 50 gems in a while when you leave your habi).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, been on Habitarium for a while, but same as siniri, it makes my computer's fan go crazy. I usually check it once or twice a week and do the very-satisfying "clean up" then hatch some eggs to prepare for next week. I did do some decor due to boredom and wanting to use up resources faster.

Still haven't hit level 50 due to lazyness/busyness.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:56 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In Shenkuu, munching on Mint Rolls and drinking Black Cherry Tea.
I haven't played Habi in weeks. I kinds lost interest, and I'm not the earning Neopoints type of person. I never was.

The beginning is the worst, especially if you don't have any soldiers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:14 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I haven't looked at my habi for quite a while. I expect that if I did pop in, I'd find the good Prof. telling me that all my little critters died and he's giving me 3 more...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:31 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Blue wrote:
I haven't looked at my habi for quite a while. I expect that if I did pop in, I'd find the good Prof. telling me that all my little critters died and he's giving me 3 more...
That's a pretty cruel thing to do, considering the Prof is pretty intense about P3s. Just how many of them does he keep in his pocket to just throw around like that? :lol:

The hurt Habitarium puts on a computer graphically seems to be a very common thing, which is something I resent Neopets for since they started going in that direction. Back when it started up, the games were either button pressing, or broken bugg flash. They were easy to load and play in the early stages of Neopets, allowing for almost anyone to play, and not just those with the cash to buy better computers.

Now? Almost every game runs in flash, and usually very graphically intense, resulting from not only slow down, but from user exclusion. I understand it's an eventuallity once they got bigger amd better, but even viewing a neopet can be a hassle now, especially with all the customizing.

Now I'm ranting. Back to Habitarium. :P

I'm still stuck in the 30s, and it's mostly just a waiting game while I collect enough gems/eggs. Till then, it's a juggling of workers, nesters and soldiers as they go in and out of the houses. I'll get there, if just to say I did it. :>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:47 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

All that flash makes it impossible to play neopets on an iPad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:19 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I still play once or twice a day. I keep hoping TNT will put new levels in.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:51 am 
PPT God
PPT God

It would seem the Habitarium is one of the many features of Neopets effected by their current buggy shenanigans. I haven't bothered to check what else is effected, but auctions are certainly painful, given that none of the items they have are able to close at the end of bidding. Going to be a long night of fixing for the TNT. :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:58 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I have tried every work-around to get my habi up and running, but nothing works.

I have been locked out for over 12 months (13/03/11) and TNT wont fix it. I got to level 31 before it crashed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:58 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Daze wrote:
I have tried every work-around to get my habi up and running, but nothing works.

I have been locked out for over 12 months (13/03/11) and TNT wont fix it. I got to level 31 before it crashed.

Daze, I've been locked out twice (gems lockout, both times). I was able to fix it the first time using the "merge accounts" work-around (I had to create a side account just to do so -- I got permission from TNT first). The second time, I was locked out for much less time, but the merge-accounts work-around just would not work (well, it certainly deleted most of my items, but it didn't unlock it). Eventually, I saw that someone else had had theirs fixed by TNT, and lo and behold, mine was back, too (no update on my ticket, of course). It stinks that they haven't gotten around to fixing yours.

I don't get why TNT won't reset perma-locked out ones, at the very least. I don't consider it "re-earning" when you'd have earned far more at higher levels, and you lose all the items you had, so it's really just recreating them. Although I can't really play it much anymore, since the increased animation overheats my computer in less than 5 minutes.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:56 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I glad you got yours to work Siniri. The merging just didn't work for me.....it was weird, I could see the accounts merged and I sold off everything, but it just wouldn't fully merge. I am completely locked out - no menu/on-screen display.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]