Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Neopets Gloats and Cries [Split 1]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:02 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Gloat: Got a bronze trophy for Gourmet Club Bowls!! :)

Going for gold on the first.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:03 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Well. Isn't this ironic right after a Thieves Guild win (of which I am a member)?
Apple Bobbing Bart wrote:
While you have your head thoroughly entrenched in a barrell full of musty water that others have been dunking their heads in all day, a member of the thieves guild decides to "relieve" you of some of those heavy Neopoints you've been carrying around.
500NP at that.

2013-09-24 ETA: Gloat: "Won" a Halloween Dribblet Plushie from apple bobbing today. I haven't bothered to see if its worth anything, because it probably is not. But it looks cool :)

2013-09-24 ETAA:

Blue wrote:
Huge Cry: Lost 3 months of PPT Forum posts from June 3rd through September 8th.

Gloat: Thanks to Google Cache, I was able to reconstruct nearly all of the missing posts! 8)

There are some good ones in there, too!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Over the last 2 months, I've added 7 trophies to my lookup. 6 of them gold, one Silver. Finally got around to getting the rest of the "Exceptional Eight" games (except Chia Bomber, I've decided it's virtually impossible), plus have managed to get the Neopian Battelfield Legends (Bronze in August, Silver in September). If only that one wasn't so much luck, I'd have gold... ;)

Goal this month: Try to add Kacheekers, Geos, and Armada. We'll see how well that goes...especially since it's been ages since I've even looked at any of the three of them. At least I remembered to enter the competitions in time, so I've started all 3 games now.

ETA: Due to some pure dumb luck, I finally upgraded to gold in Sakhmet Solitaire Bonus. :o

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:16 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Wow, congrats Pickles. :)

I upgraded to silver in Gourmet Bowls and Snowager, but missed out by 1 spot in Double or Nothing (fell down into 18th spot in the last 30 minutes! I could have cried).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Apparently I won't be getting the Multiplayer tournament games this month (and neither will anyone else, I doubt). All 3 of my games poofed late last night. According to the boards, this happened for everyone...and even if you do make it through a month with no glitches and win everything, you still might not get your trophy? Glitchy glitchy glitchy.

Congrats on your upgrades, Daze!

ETA:
Just dropped about 2mil to restock on red codestones. Brought them up to 20-25 of each (was completely out of 3 kinds, and almost out of the others). I'm not sure if that's a gloat because now I can continue to train HP...or a cry cause of how expensive that was. I guess I can't *really* complain...Zeds may be 30k+ now, but they used to be 90k, so it's not *that* bad...it was just nice when they were the most expensive at 15k.

ETA 2: Got the Rubbish avvie today while dumping stuff from dailies and battling. Yay!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:18 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Congrats on Rubbish, Pickles! I just discarded all the junk from my SDB in one fell swoop one day; it took over an hour and a lot of items.

Gloat: today is my Neopets 11-year anniversary. My shield will officially upgrade sometime this evening.

Edit: Last FQ from my cookie was another Queen Fyora. It cost 60.5k, but for 9 stats, that's quite a bargain.

Edit: Won 388k in Food Club today (48:10). Woohoo!

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:57 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I am in the Caption Competition for this round. :)

Please spare a vote. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:32 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Daze wrote:
I am in the Caption Competition for this round. :)

Please spare a vote. ;)

I can't believe you got in with that caption! I've submitted the exact same joke (well, with a different last noun, depending on context) so many times and never gotten in. Congrats!

Just out of curiosity, when did you submit the joke? I wonder if I always submit mine too late; I've submitted so many times and never gotten in, and there have been a lot of times when my best joke was much funnier than at least half of what they picked.

P.S. Of course I voted. I'll try to remember to vote again as soon as they let me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:35 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Thanks Siniri. :)

I was stunned they picked that one as well, as I submitted about 6 or 7. Two or three were similar in context but with different words (I was going for the old Bugs Bunny line, "I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque").

I have read that most people get in when submitting the captions on Friday. I submitted all of mine at around 9 - 10 pm NST Friday. (This was actually later than I usually submit, as I totally forgot about it until I saw a board on the CC). LOL.

Entries are put up at around 2.30 - 3.30 am NST Saturday.

ETA: Got in the top 5, which is a gold trophy! :)

ETA2: Laoran hit 2000 HP. :D

ETA3: Got a Faerie Queen Quest, which would have given me +1 level, +4 hit points, and +4 strength.
The item was unbuyable, but I found a few on the TP for 250K. It was still worth it for 5 active points (Laoran doesn't need strength), but the buyer never got back to me. I let it go for 12 hours, but when I needed to use the SSW again for buying codestones, I had to reject the quest. :(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Managed to snag the Brucey B slots bronze trophy early last month (now I have both versions, woot). :)

Once again attempting the multi-player competitions. Here's hoping they don't poof again this month...

:( I need to restock again on red codestones. I've been putting it off as much as I can, but I think it's going to have to happen again in the next day or so. Prices have gone up more, so I'm really not looking forward to it. Ah well. Not much else to spend my NPs on right now, anyways. I guess I could actually start working on my gallery some more, but...maybe later.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:49 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Had a good trophy reset this month. 3 new trophies and a gold upgrade.

Won a Rainbow Paint Brush of the vending machine, worth about 500K. Real happy now that I can sell off my nerks and make some more nps.

I haven't worked on trophies for years, then a few months ago after having a very annoying conversation with a rather sarcastic Neopets player, it inspired me to push myself and be better.

Good luck with the multi-player games Pickles, I know how frustrating those are. I really can't believe TNT have never fixed the glitches with those tournaments.

Red codestones, make me sad! It was such a breeze to do training when they were so cheap, now they are steadily rising and I keep running out of nps to train.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:43 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Gloat - Items continue to sell in the shop! Purchasing power is go!
Cry - I still have a couple hundred items to price, yet I keep buying new things.

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Daze wrote:
I haven't worked on trophies for years, then a few months ago after having a very annoying conversation with a rather sarcastic Neopets player, it inspired me to push myself and be better.

Good luck with the multi-player games Pickles, I know how frustrating those are. I really can't believe TNT have never fixed the glitches with those tournaments.

Red codestones, make me sad! It was such a breeze to do training when they were so cheap, now they are steadily rising and I keep running out of nps to train.
Heh, yeah, I was randomly inspired a few months ago, too. I figured I should at least try to get some of the "easier" trophies that I hadn't gotten yet. I don't have a lot of time to really push for a whole bunch of other trophies right now...too much going on in life.

The monthly tournaments didn't all poof this month, thankfully!
I move-or-lose'd and got a win in Armada (though it took 25 hours before the "I win" button showed - maybe because of the time change?). After sending 2 move-or-loses in Geos to which my opponent made one move and then didn't, I neomailed them and we played out the whole game out, and I got lucky enough to win. So at least for Geos and Armada, I'll be moving on to the next round. Waiting to see what happens in Kacheekers - I sent a move-or-lose today...the OP was making a few moves, but they're under 13 (was going to neomail them to let them know I was on but saw they wouldn't be able to respond) so my bet is they have limited internet time (makes sense). We'll see what happens there.

I guess it could be worse on the reds. I mean, some of them used to be barely buyable...but at least a couple of them have gone up significantly in price. Sigh. I still haven't restocked on them, though. Mr. P and I are doing an experiment - he doesn't have premium, so he's logging his winnings of of the Koi Warrior for a week or so - with the cost increase in red codestones, I think he's actually making out better than I am against the Premium challengers, as I'm really only averaging one nerkmid a day (if even that, sometimes), 1-3 regular codestones a day, and maybe 2 reds a week.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:57 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I only train when I have the codestones on hand. This also gives me time for my HP to try to catch up to the rest of my stats before I hit 3 reds training.

I got two move-or-lose wins in the multi competitions (Kacheekers and Armada). I'm supposed to be playing out Geos... in about 4 minutes.

I had a great Food Club win yesterday (over half a million), so I saved it for an attempt at a trophy run.

Cry: my internet was out all day yesterday (from 10am until at least 2am), so I didn't get to do most of my dailies. I'm thankful I got those Food Club bets in, though!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

:( Spent 2.4 mil on codestones. Only had 3 Mags left before restocking...now I'm back at 20 of each of the reds. I guess now I can continue to train regularly. But still...ouch.

:) Hit 1650 hit points today, though, yay!

:) Was able to move-or-lose on Kacheekers, so I'm go for round 2 on all three games, yay!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next