Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily Dare 2009
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:46 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I've been trying to get Ice Cream Machine for hours now and I am exhausted. In addition, I've got other things to do today. I've beaten AAA in everything else but I think for the sake of my sanity I should probably go for Abi.
Thoughts?

I'll try again with the tips but I'm starting to fall asleep at the keyboard.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:26 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Location: At the Neopian borders... looking for Narnia - No other worlds or places exist
OMG!! I did it... I beat AAA at every game on its launch day... including the double dares!! I have to admit, tho, my son helped with some of the games that had me licked... like today. I just couldn't get past 3415!! AARGH!

This is the first year my son and I both made the top prize! Woo Hoo!!

Pardon my enthusiasm... it's a real feat for me! :P

Thanks to all for the tips, guides, and support! Never could have done it without you!!

Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult otherwise known as Kat (In-the-Hat)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:54 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Gahh, I couldn't log on last night and missed the last day... No prize for me :(

I really should train myself to not get my hopes up with Neopets because I'll just end up falling harder on the ground... face first!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:12 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
I applaud your achievement Katbody10 and everyone there who gave it their best shot. Hope you guys enjoyed 2009's Daily Dare. Looking forward to 2010's Daily Dare...

And now a plot!

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:48 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I wonder if it's safe to play the games that were featured in this year's DD yet. o_O
There was a rumour circulating that if we played them during the DD and beat the scores we got for that game - it would override the score we originally submitted and lead TNT to believe we intentionally beat the challenge. Which, if it's true, would mean that the people who did that wouldn't be able to get the trophy they were hoping for.

glorious set by neko.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:59 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Location: At the Neopian borders... looking for Narnia - No other worlds or places exist
Shoyru_Lover wrote:
I applaud your achievement Katbody10 and everyone there who gave it their best shot. Hope you guys enjoyed 2009's Daily Dare. Looking forward to 2010's Daily Dare...

And now a plot!

Thank you! And the same goes for me to everyone out there - Good job!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:47 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Xerophyte wrote:
I wonder if it's safe to play the games that were featured in this year's DD yet. o_O
There was a rumour circulating that if we played them during the DD and beat the scores we got for that game - it would override the score we originally submitted and lead TNT to believe we intentionally beat the challenge. Which, if it's true, would mean that the people who did that wouldn't be able to get the trophy they were hoping for.

I think they dealt with that issue in an editorial...

*checks* Yep, issue 383:
Quote:
Hey, TNT. Before I ask my question, I want to thank you guys for the Daily Dare. It's just great! Anyway, I heard a scary rumour that just really irks me. One of the trophies is for beating AAA's score on the release day of every game (which I have done so far). The rumour is that, if you play one of these games at a later date and submit a higher score, the score gets recorded on your AAA chart and resets when your score was submitted, thus eliminating you from contention for the "beat AAA on release day" trophy. As an example, my Meerca Chase II score was submitted on the 6th day of Daily Dare, but I play that game on a daily basis and submit my scores. I did submit a higher score than I had sent for AAA's challenge that day, so does this mean that I am no longer eligible for the trophy that is given out to those who beat AAA's scores at all the games on release day? I know it sounds repetitive, but I am trying to explain the best way possible. Please remove my username, since I feel like a dork already for repeating myself so much in this inquiry. ~[username removed]

The higher scores are recorded, but they won't discount your initial score that was posted for beating AAA on the challenge's release day, in this instance.

Which reminds me, the "only able to send 2 scores for DD games" glitch seems to be fixed now as far as I can tell. :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:28 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thank you for digging that information up for me, butterfly. :hug:
It all makes sense now.

glorious set by neko.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Prizes are available on the DD page. Got megasuperb:

Abigail Sweatband and 100NC... not overly impressed tbh. Won't be putting myself through that again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:28 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I got 150NC. But isn't 150NC equal to about 25 cents? LOL Sweatband is a little disappointing, though.

I got the Scoretacular trophy - YAY! :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:31 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
Congratulations, you've earned the exclusive bonus Neocash item for successfully completing all 30 game challenges! Click on the box to receive your prize!

Congratulations!

You have earned the
Daily Dare NC Challenge Prize Pack and the Golden Lulu Medallion!

Gaming Pack consists of:
Gaming Shorts
Gaming Shirt
Golden Sun Glasses
Games Shower

Uberiffic Trophy for me.

Congratulations, you've won a special prize, a Daily Dare theme, some Neocash, and a trophy for your awesome gaming skills!

Abigail Sweatband

Congratulations!
You have been awarded a bonus 150 Free NC for your awesome gaming skills!

Congratulations! You have been awarded a Daily Dare Theme for your awesome gaming skills!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Congratulations, you've taken the Daily Dare challenge! Here's some Neocash and a medal for your participation!

Participant Trophy, 500 np and 50 NC

Not too bad, considering I didn't play all of the games. I'm just glad they give out some kind of trophy for participation, since I did play 27 out of 30 challenges.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I got the uberriffic and the lulu stuff to be honest I am happy.. I love new site themes!

Am looking to refer a few people to premium! Want a referal please contact me!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:27 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I got uberrific. Guess it's time to officially give up on MegaSuperb from last year -- but I don' wanna.

Is it just me, or did TNT's attitude to this year's DD seem like "well, we've gotta do it, so let's just get it over with, and while we're at it, let's just charge money for tweaked versions of AAA's prizes"? There wasn't a plot/story, the scores for most games were lower than in year's past, and the grand prizes are meh (although it's nice to get a sidebar, it's not even that neat) -- even worse than last year (well, at least they didn't glitch on the major prizes this year).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:13 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Siniri wrote:
I got uberrific. Guess it's time to officially give up on MegaSuperb from last year -- but I don' wanna.

Is it just me, or did TNT's attitude to this year's DD seem like "well, we've gotta do it, so let's just get it over with, and while we're at it, let's just charge money for tweaked versions of AAA's prizes"? There wasn't a plot/story, the scores for most games were lower than in year's past, and the grand prizes are meh (although it's nice to get a sidebar, it's not even that neat) -- even worse than last year (well, at least they didn't glitch on the major prizes this year).

The first DD didn't have a plot to it. TNT did something a little different in 2008 and gave us a storyline (and a trophy). This year TNT obviously wanting to cash in on the NC market (lets face it, NC Mall is here to stay and be seen), had the Lulu challenge as an extra something for those that could use it.

The prizes were awarded differently to the other 2 years - all challenges met on the day of the launch (gold trophy) got the site theme. You also got NC.

I don't think it is a case of they don't care, but more of 'what can we do to make everyone happy?' Honestly the way people are kicking up a stink over on the boards, you would think TNT made them play. TNT are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I only wanted the trophy. Everything else is just a bonus.

Edit: Page 1 is now updated with trophy/prize levels.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next