Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Neoquest Help
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:34 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

So I beat NQ on normal with my now-always-active pet, because I didn't like having to keep switching my active. However, the "beat the game" page didn't load properly, and I refreshed, but instead of showing me the same page (the one with the "continue" button to move on to evil), it took me back to Jahbal's now-empty chamber. There's no teleporter, no Jahbal, no... anything to let me end the game. I left and re-entered the game a few times. I did receive my 5k NP for beating Jahbal. But now I can't start a game on evil. Of course I sent a bug report, but this is what I got back:

Quote:
A solution for your issue has been suggested.

Thank you for taking the time to submit a bug report. I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with the game not working the way you had expected.

We have read your report and investigated the information you provided. Unfortunately, it seems that the issue you have reported is not something we will be able to further troubleshoot for you. It's likely that the problem you experienced is a one-off hiccup of the site and not something that you should experience again.

Since we are unable to reproduce, verify or log the bug on our end we will not be able to replace any Neopoints or items that may have been involved in this issue. While this may not be the answer you were hoping for, we did read your report and take your ticket quite seriously. We hope that we will be able to prevent this sort of issue from happening in the future.

Thank you for your report and continued patience and understanding.

Rico S., The Neopets Team

which of course isn't a solution at all! I e-mailed back asking how I was supposed to progress my game, but I'm not very hopeful because I asked that the first time. Does anyone know if this has ever happened before? Surely at the very least TNT could manually go in and check off that I'm now on evil with this pet so I don't have to play the stupid Normal level AGAIN. Please help!

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Post subject: Re: Neoquest Help
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:55 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I can't cite my source specifically on this as my first trip through the IDNQ was something like five or six years ago, but I seem to recall someone somewhere mentioning that on Evil and Insane difficulties it was quite possible to beat Jahbal, flee from Mastermind, and then get stuck because you'd already triggered the boss fight and so there was nothing to trigger it again, but you weren't done yet either, and you were in a room with no monsters behind a portal you couldn't go back through.

All of which is to say that your situation sounds very similar to that one, and given that nobody's mentioned them fixing that in the intervening years I suspect it's still that way, which implies they're not going to be able to fix yours either. Which is no help at all, I know.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:54 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks for the info.

Quote:
#139. Q. I just beat the game on normal but I've still been wandering around the map. Will anything happen or am I just wasting time? ~Bryght
A. You have to select new game now. Goto "Options" on the same page (where you move the lupe) under navigation arrows. & restart game in Evil Mode. ~huma

Seriously, THANK YOU... I searched around IDNQ because of you and found the answer! I'm going to e-mail that to TNT so they can add that to their database of cut-and-paste responses.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Speaking of NeoQuest and the triggered boss fights of Evil and Insane, has anyone figured out how to open the locked door in Techo Cave 4 yet? Some people think you need to lose to the triggered bosses to enter, but there have been no confirmations. Probably just a trick anyway, given the work it needs to take to get to that point. People be trolling. :evil:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:31 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

As far as I know, there's no way in (that's been discovered). I think it's like searching for Erdrick's shield in Dragon Warrior -- it doesn't actually exist; it's designed to drive you crazy thinking you missed something.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]