For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:08 am

am i locked out for 12 hours after i enter the statue??

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:08 am

You are lucky. Yes, there is only ONE statue (that anybody has found per temple). And there are some die hards who have checked!

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:09 am

thestarthatislucky wrote:out of the 12 doors there are only 1 statue right?
I clicked on the 1st black rectangle door i came across and it had the statue :)

Just one. Trust me. I checked every room just to make sure.

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:10 am

Just found my statue as well. So now I don't have to worry about it

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:11 am

Statue room is usually LESS than an hour :D

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:12 am

I don't know what you guys have been up to inbetween the hints, but I've been staring at my tablet for a while, and noticed there are doubles. How's that with your tablets? Maybe we have to strike out the doubles in order to get some new clues once we finished the tablet? Just a theory, tho... Post pictures of your current tablet so we can compare :)

Image Image

Oh yeah... My faerie had the 'lat' (cup) symbol
Last edited by MKwiakaku on Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:13 am

I'm not sure you saw my post at the end of the last page, but I was wondering why there were 13 symbols on the list you so graciously posted....i thought there were only 12? I must be missing something!

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:15 am

stampsyne wrote:Statue room is usually LESS than an hour :D

Thank goodness for that. If i was locked out for 12 hours i'd have to get up at around 4.15 tommorow morning (my time) to get 2 more pieces before the last 1 is released. Now i only have to get up at 12.15 NST (thats still aorund 5.15) unless i stay up till 1am tonight (my time).

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:15 am

greenbugsy wrote:I'm not sure you saw my post at the end of the last page, but I was wondering why there were 13 symbols on the list you so graciously posted....i thought there were only 12? I must be missing something!

KAR / Akar (chapel/abyss) was posted double :)

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:16 am

MKwiakaku wrote:
greenbugsy wrote:I'm not sure you saw my post at the end of the last page, but I was wondering why there were 13 symbols on the list you so graciously posted....i thought there were only 12? I must be missing something!

KAR / Akar (chapel/abyss) was posted double :)

Ok, great, thanks so much!

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:32 am

Argh! just woke up, got my next clue, AND WALKED INTO THE WRONG DOOR! I think I left my brain on my nightstand this morning :o

I hope I have time to get the piece before I go to school :( Darn why does my first school day have to be now? I will miss the next two pieces!

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:43 am

Ghehehe... *hands Mesinga some coffee :P

I almost had the same just ago... I triple-checked before I actually clicked the door :P

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:58 am

I have a theory....

Okay, a few theories, but bear with me. I've been re-reading the story and the Lost Desert TCG cards that seem to apply to it while waiting for clues.

I think the tablet is not the end of the puzzle, in fact, it's just the beginning. The tablet will reveal the prophecy when we decode it with the library scrolls. When we speak the prophecy to the statue, it will activate whatever it is that Prince Jazan is counting on to help him get the princess, etc. No doubt he'll take his revenge at being spurned by making Sakhmet vanish, as shown in the card.

People were mentioning that in one place it says the prince was 1000 yrs old, and in another, that Qasala was destroyed only 200 yrs ago. I don't really think that's a contradiction. I noticed that he's Prince Jazan the fourth, which reminded me of the Mayor on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, who was Richard Wilkins the third, and also happened to be the first and second as well...so if he struck some sort of evil deal that extended his life but cursed him and doomed the city at the same time.....

Another thing I noticed was the "Forgotten Promise" card. It doesn't say anywhere as to which King proclaimed it, which first daughter of sakhmet it refered to, or even which prince of Qasala she was promised to. So it's no surprise that the Princess has never heard of the agreement. It was probably made several hundred years before, and never fulfilled.

Lots of interesting things to ponder and speculate on while we're twiddling our thumbs between clues, lol. I certainly hope I'm right about this not being the end to the puzzle(s). I hope it's not the end to our travels thru the tombs either, not after all that mapping, lol. The "Lost Ring" card, and all the cards showing Tomos and Nabile encountering the same traps we have seems to indicate that we will be returning there, as they haven't discovered the tomb yet...

I have way too much time on my hands :D

rugs

Oh, P.S. -- for those of you wondering what the heck cards I'm talking about, you can find most of them here: http://www.neopets.com/tcg/checklist.phtml?edition=8
As several people have noted, a few have had the images removed recently, but i don't have any links for those items right offhand

Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:02 am

To rugrat0ne: The statue is of a character who is a hero on the card, but good theories.

PS: Don't worry about too much time. I've been pondering this stuff for the past few days.
Last edited by Skynetmain on Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:04 am

Skynetmain wrote:
stampsyne wrote:Ankh (Ahn) means Life
Ra means Sun
Lat “See/Sea"
Tep means (Moon/Night)
SAF (dead end)
Kha means “Man is composed of a mortal body”
KAR (chapel)
FER (Carry/Transport)
Set means (Evil)
DJO means (discovery)
Nem means (Eternal)
Benu (Ben) means (Rise)
Akar (Kar) means (Abyss!)

That is useful, but I doubt Daniel Jackson would do such a lackluster translation. Where's the hidden meaning? Where's the passion?

OFF TOPIC! SG1, good show, very entertaining, same with Atlantis and Galactica.

ON Topic: Could the symbols have more than one meaning?
Topic locked