Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:44 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Chakra_ wrote:
They should create avatars that PULL down prices instead. Or at least leave it as is. The prices are just sky rocketing. Krawk was like this. now Draik. Worse of all, it all happened to the rarer pets. What is this all about?

I'm in two minds on this.

I think they'd be better to do avatars like this on rare pets but the ones that you can adopt if you are lucky enough to get them when they are available. Hissi, Kiko, Koi, Tonu, etc. It gives Neopians with less neopoints a chance.

On the other hand, I have no pity. People complain about the clickables. People complain that the avatars aren't hard enough to obtain. Here is a hard one to get. People want it both ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:57 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Quote:
They should create avatars that PULL down prices instead. Or at least leave it as is. The prices are just sky rocketing. Krawk was like this. now Draik. Worse of all, it all happened to the rarer pets. What is this all about?

hmm next move perhaps retiring all krawk and draik morphing potions and eggs and not making new ones.. 8)

they really want draik and krawk to be very rare perhaps...

and then release the real life plushies hoping the price would be expensive :battar:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:04 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Chakra_ wrote:

What were they thinking? Wrecking the entire thing up. I feel the pain those poor people who are honest and earning np so painfully trying for the draik. They spend mths or even YEARS saving up for it and this comes along and blast the prices SKY HIGH. In the end, they gotta save for another yr or so. Until you know it, next year TNT come up with another smart move and blast the prices up even more. In this manner, these people can pratically not get the potion at all. Some of them get so smurf they "go to the dark side" and end up being a Scammer or Hacker. They scam and cheat of others. TNT is always telling us not to be a Scammer..etc but who actually forced us to be those kind of ppl?

Them...

eh i guess i know how you feel. about 2-3 weeks ago i offered a trade on a h4000 helmet before the war stuff was about to start. then boom, it increased another million. and i doubt itll decrease...

Take the Insane SpongeBob Trivia v2.0 here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:31 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Something Has Happened!
0 You are now eligible to use 'Draik - Hatched' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Set by WIS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:39 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

People are always saying, "You complain when it's a clickable and see what you get? You can't have tt both ways."

I should point out that it's not necessarily the same people who are complaining. They could make every avatar a clickable from now on as far as I'm concerned.

Personally, I think TNT should refrain from making ANY avatar that requires a limited edition / restricted / whatever pet, and any avatar that requires a pet that is specially painted. PBs in particular are inflating fast enough without outside help.

I mean, I think avatars are kind of fun. I don't have a problem with avatars that inflate random items on the site, particularly if the items weren't that expensive to begin with. Something that drives an item up from a few hundred to a few thousand, or a few thousands to a few tens of thousands, is fine as far as I'm concerned. That way there's a little fun, a little avatar speculation, and people for whom getting that particular berry or whatever was their heart's desire still can, as they've not been inflated out of reach.

But avatars that inflate items by hundreds of thousands of Neopoints are absurd.

I guess that's my take on good and bad avatar inflation... if someone who really wants an item for the sake of the item (not an avatar) can't afford it post-avatar, then it's inflated too much and shouldn't have been an avatar item in the first place. This is particularly for items like a PB or a Krawk Transmog, for which there is no alternative on the site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:10 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Whine whine whine... clickables are too easy, limited-pet owning ones are too hard, unlimited pet ones fill up the pound, game ones are unfair... blah blah BLAH. *Somebody* has a problem with every stupid av that comes out, I vote we just get rid of them all together but oh wait, we'd have even more ticked off people. But at least it would be one mass tick-off, rather than one small one every week. TNT simply can't win, they've dug themselves a nice little hole.
I'm happy about this av, last year (I think it was last year?) it was the Mutant Draik "Back off!" one, I hoped it'd be owning one, but it turned out to be a clickable. This year I got my wish, even though last year's was much cooler looking...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:33 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'Draik - Hatched' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

That makes 200 avatars for me. Woot!

I lurk a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:18 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I think this is just what TNT wants... They want the draik to be a super rare exclusive pet, not one that every joe who's been playing for a while can get... They often very obviously hint in the Editorial that they want certain pets or items to be very rare and unobtainable to most... I guess this adds to the mistique of the pets... So if they think that too many people are starting to get Draiks, they just inflate it a bit more...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:57 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Arien_Daystar wrote:
Something Has Happened!

That makes 200 avatars for me. Woot!

Woo Hoo same as me. Yay.

Quote:
Whine whine whine... clickables are too easy, limited-pet owning ones are too hard, unlimited pet ones fill up the pound, game ones are unfair... blah blah BLAH. *Somebody* has a problem with every stupid av that comes out, I vote we just get rid of them all together but oh wait, we'd have even more ticked off people. But at least it would be one mass tick-off, rather than one small one every week. TNT simply can't win, they've dug themselves a nice little hole.
I'm happy about this av, last year (I think it was last year?) it was the Mutant Draik "Back off!" one, I hoped it'd be owning one, but it turned out to be a clickable. This year I got my wish, even though last year's was much cooler looking...

I agree. I have been playing for 2 years, and saved up for the Draik Transmogrification Potion. Draik Transmog Potions have always been over 1million. They only went up about 300,000 for Draik Day. And they don't seem to have gotten any dearer for the av.

300,000 may be alot, but in the whole scheme of things, if you can afford 1 million + then it is not to much more.

I actually hate all the clickables, I mean what's the use? I personally am angry at the avatars that only certain countries can get eg: coco roll and the Championship one. (can't think of it's real name) ( will edit later).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:35 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

@_@ At least I can get this avatar with my lab ray account. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:38 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

you can't zap your pets into draik or krawk...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:45 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yay! Love the avatars where you actually have to own something to get them. :P
# 193.

glorious set by neko.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:57 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

apranum wrote:
you can't zap your pets into draik or krawk...

O_o Uhm... Hello, my lab account HAS a draik... Just because I say "Lab account" does not mean I don't own some real deals and it also doesn't mean that I've zapped all four of my pets either. He used to be a Tonu but someone read his description (that said I wanted him to become a Draik) and they DONATED me a Purple Draik Morphing Potion. Then I painted him Red because... well... I hate how Neopets MURDERED the color Purple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:58 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

pattypus wrote:
Aw. I like that one. :(

I guess it's time for the lab ray! :P

o_O I'm replying to that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:51 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

bgryph wrote:
People are always saying, "You complain when it's a clickable and see what you get? You can't have tt both ways."

I should point out that it's not necessarily the same people who are complaining. They could make every avatar a clickable from now on as far as I'm concerned.

I agree completeley, it certainly is not the same people complaining. I couldn't care less when to get an avatar I have to look up a certain kind of pet but I do care when to get an avatar you have to have a certain kind of painted/expensive pet. Inflation needs no more help when it comes to pbs or such like.

To those who think it's oh so amusing that people complain no matter what happens, has it ever occurred to you to sift through the people who complain for the sake of it and those who complain with reason? Quite a difference you know. People who complain about clickables are just being silly as we know fine well tnt do do harder avatars - game avatars or one like that dancing kiko or baby buzz. A clickable avatar is not a big deal. They also do clickables so that people who are not good at games have a nice selection of avatars. People who complain when an avatar involved a pb or certain pet do so because perhaps they were saving for that kind of pet, or know people who were. Is it really reasonable for an pink pb to cost so much more than some redraw brushes? I think not.

I hope that draik tps come back down to a not too much higher price like krawk transmogs did, but I hope even more that people will stop going "whine, whine, whine" to people who may have had their goals blasted out of reach. Tnt didn't have to do this, they knew what effect it would have and still they did it. I think people have far more of a right to complain about this than people who would have complained if the avatar had been a clickable, and if you disagree perhaps it would be more tactful not to make fun of those of us who can no longer afford a certain kind of pet.

Petpet Central

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next