Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:04 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Trick wrote:
bgryph wrote:
People are always saying, "You complain when it's a clickable and see what you get? You can't have tt both ways."

I should point out that it's not necessarily the same people who are complaining. They could make every avatar a clickable from now on as far as I'm concerned.

I agree completeley, it certainly is not the same people complaining. I couldn't care less when to get an avatar I have to look up a certain kind of pet but I do care when to get an avatar you have to have a certain kind of painted/expensive pet. Inflation needs no more help when it comes to pbs or such like.

To those who think it's oh so amusing that people complain no matter what happens, has it ever occurred to you to sift through the people who complain for the sake of it and those who complain with reason? Quite a difference you know. People who complain about clickables are just being silly as we know fine well tnt do do harder avatars - game avatars or one like that dancing kiko or baby buzz. A clickable avatar is not a big deal. They also do clickables so that people who are not good at games have a nice selection of avatars. People who complain when an avatar involved a pb or certain pet do so because perhaps they were saving for that kind of pet, or know people who were. Is it really reasonable for an pink pb to cost so much more than some redraw brushes? I think not.

I hope that draik tps come back down to a not too much higher price like krawk transmogs did, but I hope even more that people will stop going "whine, whine, whine" to people who may have had their goals blasted out of reach. Tnt didn't have to do this, they knew what effect it would have and still they did it. I think people have far more of a right to complain about this than people who would have complained if the avatar had been a clickable, and if you disagree perhaps it would be more tactful not to make fun of those of us who can no longer afford a certain kind of pet.

Neopets is a game. Perhaps there is no real reason to be complaining at all?

TNT is basically just attempting one big balancing act because whatever they are going to do there is always going to be a group of people complaining.

I think TNT do a good job considering the circumstances. They do recognise that not everyone is good at games and so instead of putting all the "hard" avatars as games they give those people an avenue to earn some avatars as well.

Inflation is just an unfortunate side-effect.

Oh, and I may be insensitive but I've never made fun of anyone having "had their goals blasted out of reach".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Trick wrote:
To those who think it's oh so amusing that people complain no matter what happens, has it ever occurred to you to sift through the people who complain for the sake of it and those who complain with reason? Quite a difference you know. People who complain about clickables are just being silly as we know fine well tnt do do harder avatars - game avatars or one like that dancing kiko or baby buzz. A clickable avatar is not a big deal. They also do clickables so that people who are not good at games have a nice selection of avatars. People who complain when an avatar involved a pb or certain pet do so because perhaps they were saving for that kind of pet, or know people who were. Is it really reasonable for an pink pb to cost so much more than some redraw brushes? I think not.

I think (though this may not be the intent of the original poster) what he means is that Neopets can never please everybody, some people want hard avs, others want easy ones. By mixing the two, you make the maximum number easy the maximum number of times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:41 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Medusa wrote:

Heh, in which case this board would be a very empy place indeed :D I do of course realise that tnt have to balance - what irks me is that they said they were trying to tackle inflation not so long ago and yet their actions constantly do the opposite. If they hadn't said that I wouldn't be half so angry though I'd still be angry that they cause inflation without any attempt to correct it. It would be more sensible for them on Draik today to slightly increase the Draik tp REs rather than reduce draik egg rarity slightly. Demand and supply is all very well but not when supply depends on random events :/

And I far prefer the hard avatars that don't involve pets or their colours, it is possible to have hard avatars that don't cause inflation at all - it would be nice if tnt would remember that.

Petpet Central

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

apranum wrote:
pattypus wrote:
Aw. I like that one. :(

I guess it's time for the lab ray! :P

o_O I'm replying to that

Ok, well I didn't know that. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:00 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Chakra_ wrote:
Oh great... you have to OWN a Draik... This was a turn for the worse... Ah the avatar isn't that nice after all...

Lovely! I've wanted a Draik, but can't afford one.

Guess this is one avvie I'll miss out on. :\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:44 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Medusa wrote:

PPT is an Internet forum. Perhaps there is no real reason to be complaining at all?

:shrug:

Quote:
TNT is basically just attempting one big balancing act because whatever they are going to do there is always going to be a group of people complaining.

Right, but that doesn't mean anything goes.

I mean, if Neopets deleted everyone's accounts tomorrow, would you say, "Oh, well, there's always going to be people complaining whatever they do, so who cares?" Of course not.

Quote:
I think TNT do a good job considering the circumstances. They do recognise that not everyone is good at games and so instead of putting all the "hard" avatars as games they give those people an avenue to earn some avatars as well.

I've already explained that I'm not saying that every avatar should be a clickable. Nor do I think that every avatar should be a game avatar. What I think is that TNT should watch what they're inflating and refrain of inflating items like PBs, Draiks, and Krawks which were in my opinion, too expensive to begin with, which many people want, and which many people could barely hope to attain to begin with.

I don't care about random food or beauty or whatever items getting inflated, especially if they don't end up so expensive that people who REALLY want the item can't afford it any more.

When people who have always wanted a certain pet can't afford it anymore, or are going to have to save for many additional months to get one, that I care about.

Yes, TNT can't make everyone happy, but:
1) There are probably a lot more people who want a Draik, are saving for a Draik, or who already have a Draik and want more -- IE, people who are upset over further Draik inflation -- than people who already have a Draik, don't want more, and would be deeply upset over getting an avatar that didn't require a Draik.

2) I suspect having a dream pet pushed further out of reach is probably more upsetting to those who want the pet than a non-pet-ownership avatar is for those who own the pet (and care).

When you're dealing with a situation that is going to make people upset no matter what you do, the proper thing to do is generally to take the course of action that is going to make the fewest people least upset. In this case, that would have meant refraining from making an avatar that was almost guarenteed to make a very expensive pet many people want even more expensive.

Instead TNT decided they wanted to make lots of people upset for the sake of giving mild pleasure to the rich few who actually care.

Way to go, TNT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:10 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Chakra_ wrote:
TNT is just going bonkers to say the least.

At times they make super good decisions but at other times(most actually) they make bad ones.

They should create avatars that PULL down prices instead. Or at least leave it as is. The prices are just sky rocketing. Krawk was like this. now Draik. Worse of all, it all happened to the rarer pets. What is this all about?

Clickables Should Go To These Rare Pets... Gosh !

What were they thinking? Wrecking the entire thing up. I feel the pain those poor people who are honest and earning np so painfully trying for the draik. They spend mths or even YEARS saving up for it and this comes along and blast the prices SKY HIGH. In the end, they gotta save for another yr or so. Until you know it, next year TNT come up with another smart move and blast the prices up even more. In this manner, these people can pratically not get the potion at all. Some of them get so smurf they "go to the dark side" and end up being a Scammer or Hacker. They scam and cheat of others. TNT is always telling us not to be a Scammer..etc but who actually forced us to be those kind of ppl?

Them...

:hug: I love you..

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:49 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

bgryph wrote:

Instead TNT decided they wanted to make lots of people upset for the sake of giving mild pleasure to the rich few who actually care.

Way to go, TNT.

*claps* I've always wanted a Mutant Draik . . . now it just jumped even further out of reach. I'm on slow dailup internet, and can't restock - I earn all of my Neopoints from reselling and playing games. However, I can't play 10-30 games 3x every day . . . it takes a LONG time to save up a measly 500,000! Guess how long it took me to save up for my Grey Gelert? 1 1/2 years. That's putting every Neopoint I earned in the bank, no buying Codestones, toys, nothing. YEARS.

And to those who would say "It's just a game" or "So what?", or "Get a faster connection" I say :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:17 am 

Dude. Lorcan is just like me. o.o

Only I MAY be getting my own comp. and DSL sooner or later... still, saving for a sibling for Zalika (and dammit, her story DEMANDS it) is going to be pure HELL. It has been so far... I've earned maybe 200k in four months.

I can WRITE STUFF! YAAAAAY! *runs around like an idiot*

Zalika: ...I don't know her. Really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:36 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

bgryph wrote:
Medusa wrote:

PPT is an Internet forum. Perhaps there is no real reason to be complaining at all?

:shrug:

Quote:

Right, but that doesn't mean anything goes.

I mean, if Neopets deleted everyone's accounts tomorrow, would you say, "Oh, well, there's always going to be people complaining whatever they do, so who cares?" Of course not.

Quote:

I've already explained that I'm not saying that every avatar should be a clickable. Nor do I think that every avatar should be a game avatar. What I think is that TNT should watch what they're inflating and refrain of inflating items like PBs, Draiks, and Krawks which were in my opinion, too expensive to begin with, which many people want, and which many people could barely hope to attain to begin with.

I don't care about random food or beauty or whatever items getting inflated, especially if they don't end up so expensive that people who REALLY want the item can't afford it any more.

When people who have always wanted a certain pet can't afford it anymore, or are going to have to save for many additional months to get one, that I care about.

Yes, TNT can't make everyone happy, but:
1) There are probably a lot more people who want a Draik, are saving for a Draik, or who already have a Draik and want more -- IE, people who are upset over further Draik inflation -- than people who already have a Draik, don't want more, and would be deeply upset over getting an avatar that didn't require a Draik.

2) I suspect having a dream pet pushed further out of reach is probably more upsetting to those who want the pet than a non-pet-ownership avatar is for those who own the pet (and care).

When you're dealing with a situation that is going to make people upset no matter what you do, the proper thing to do is generally to take the course of action that is going to make the fewest people least upset. In this case, that would have meant refraining from making an avatar that was almost guarenteed to make a very expensive pet many people want even more expensive.

Way to go, TNT.

*hugs*
You have said something I haven't the tact to say.

The Draik is a pet I've wanted to attain for my Fiance since jessica2949 was adopted out. Preferably a Mutant Draik or a Red Draik. My fiance was browsing PPT on my account when the announcement was made that the avatar meant you needed to own a Draik to get it.

I have around 880k left after buying the Petpet Lab Map. And was hoping to make a little extra this weekend. My other half then promptly told me not to waste what I still had, and has since stopped talking about returning to Neopets because of the massive inflation. I'm unhappy at what TNT did with the Draiks, and having my fiance upset that he won't be able to get a replacement Draik for jessica2949; he's been talking about getting a new draik for weeks on end (he has the majority of the NP saved up, I'm just adding my share to it), and now...yeah.

It's disheartening for me because he was so happy to come back to the site. Now he won't even discuss the subject -_-;;

What's next, I wonder? :(

Fraggle Rock Forever!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

You are now eligible to use 'Draik - Hatched' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Sweet. Finally an av for a pet I acually own. That's a first.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3