Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: freaky factory
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 2:35 pm 

post any tips/hints/guides here. :)

all i know so far is not to click blobs with evil smilies. :twisted:

"you look like the founder, co-chair and ceo of levi-strauss"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 2:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I also think the "slow" down guy isn't too smart to click. The speed up guy is pretty good though.

Image Set-poala

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 3:36 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Also, you can CLICK on the grundo to make it go away. It doesn't say in the game itself, but it does say that on the game page. Before, all I could figure out was making the blobs fall on his head, which also work, but is rather difficult. Then I actually read the game page intro. :D

There's also a clock thing that makes the arrow go back one unit (is that 5 secs?) and even if you've just started, it'll still go back to "negative" time. (I hope that made sense..)

Oh and there's also this humungous blob that is salivating, and it's 20 units of color, so it's rather useless, but amusing to watch. Sort of like the giant blue jelly in Jelly Blobs of Doom. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 3:54 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I got a second place medal in the game so....

- Do whatever it takes to keep production going, even if you cause a vat to overflow some. It's worth it.

- Angel blobs give a plushie it lands on a x2 bonus on top of whatever else it would have.

- Evil blobs turn a plushie black and you get no points for it.

- later levels are pretty much luck if you get the right color blobs or not. So you better be good at angles to get the fast moving ones into the vats because you won't get second chances.

- There's no need to click on the grundo unless plushie's are being made or are already on the belt. He'll just sit there doing nothing if nothing's coming.

- the speed blob makes it a lot easier to get the consecutive bonus.

Those are all the tips I can think of. As I said, later levels are luck depending on what you get. Hopefully, you can get a few blobs to give tome bonuses (5 seconds)

Honk Honk Honk $#%#$% honk hooooonk.

- Honk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:23 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yup, after you get enough points to get your 1000nps, it really becomes a matter of luck. I had gotten a score of 1800 a few days ago (bronze trophy :)), yet on that same day it took me 3 tries to beat the better than you score of 1200. Getting a major consecutive bonus in the early levels helps.

As was mentioned, once you've played a few times and understand the rules you really don't have to worry about getting too much waste, so if you're in a time crunch it's worth it to overflow the vats. And in the later levels, watch out for the nifty bonus blob that looks like an atom, it fills all the vats up to the top. Much more useful than the angel blob, which seems to come from the direction of the vat I want it to go in over half the time. :( Oh, and it's like the time blob in that it can't land on a neopet.

Also, you don't always want to click on the speed blobs. Only use them when one neopet is slightly behind the others and you would lose consecutive bonus otherwise, or when time's almost up and you need to get the last neopets processed quickly. Otherwise, if there are neopets in the queve, they will be spit out at a rate that is equal to the normal speed's (there will be a greater gap between them, with the increased speed making up for it), and when the speed blob wears off you can lose consecutive bonus points, as the neopets that have been just been spit out by the queve are too far away. (hope that all made sense :wink:)

Last edited by dog on Mon May 31, 2004 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Another tip: When the heads (usually Adam and Donna's) pop out of the vats, don't waste your time trying to hit them. It serves no purpose other than to distract you.

Knives wrote:
I swear Johnny, we could stalk each other without even trying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:41 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
You could check out the official PPT guide =] Written by a person who made the gold trophy ^_^

http://www.pinkpt.com/index.php?page=freakyfactory

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:18 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

*sigh* I could read all of the guides in the world on this game and still not score over 600. I just can't seem to get the right coloured blobs when I need them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:03 pm 

The guy who wrote the official guide pretty much has it down. I wrote one thats like twice the size of it although not as elegant shortly after I gold trophied it, and if people want it, I can post it in here; be warned though, it is about twice as long as the others and operates on the principle you know nothing about the game, so...

Stupid Neopian times, not accepting it :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:11 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Lol aww thanks. Actually I wrote it ^_^;;

Hmm, if you're willing, I'd be more than happy to add your guide to PPT's Freaky Factory guides. Just send it in to mailto:khuynh777@yahoo.com

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:51 pm 

Sure, it's on it's way to you now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:48 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Sometimes the slow down blob is useful... if you click it right before you create four or more plushies, they'll all come out in a group, very close together, and then when they travel across the belt to the other side you'll get more bonus points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:41 am 

one thing not mentioned: click on a blob right as your last toy enters the tube thing and right before the whistle blows, make sure the blob falls in the correct color vat.

on the next screen with the PROCEED button, click proceed before the blob falls, and even if that vat was full, the blob you just droped will carry over to the next level. my score: 1,919

but i agree its pretty random luck, like hassee bounce, carnival of terror, etc.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]