Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Trading Post Question
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:00 pm 

Hey everyone.... I'm finally back after a long break (i noticed my unername didn't exist anymore on here... what happened?) Anyway, i found a strawberry fields forever paintbrush for free in the trading post and i offered 500 np and a green jubjub plushie for it. The user accepted but i don't have the paintbrush and i still have the plushie... does anyone know what's wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:03 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

The person may have scammed you and the trade was set up to get your username and password. It can happen I think, best advice is to switch your password for a bit.

ImageImage19 Points!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

are you sure he accepted your lot? If he accepts any other lot it shows as the happy face for the trade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:28 pm 

hmmm maybe that was it.... i dunno oh well :( there goes any easy 200K or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:28 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

jabond102 wrote:
The person may have scammed you and the trade was set up to get your username and password. It can happen I think, best advice is to switch your password for a bit.

How would that happen? Its a trade on the trading post, not the persons shop.

Plus, there is also some lag time between it. Wait 48 hours (2 days) Then send in a bug report if you still don't have it.

[Previously Known As Zega]
The Game. You Just Lost It.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:33 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

People quite often advertise a trade as free in order to draw more attention to the trade and get more offers. It sounds daft but I've seen it on the trading board a few times when it's an item that a lot of people are trying to sell - they put "free" and people say they've bid. Then more people see that there have been bids already so offer a little higher. Eventually the person gets a trade of what they want and take that.

Still seems a bit of a long way to a shortcut to me. And yeah the smiley trade faces are confusing - sometimes I get the big grin when I've been accepted and other times I get it when someone else's offer has been accepted - they seem to switch around occasionally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:37 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Zega wrote:
jabond102 wrote:

How would that happen? Its a trade on the trading post, not the persons shop.

Plus, there is also some lag time between it. Wait 48 hours (2 days) Then send in a bug report if you still don't have it.

I've gotten scammed for 500k a total of 3 times (about 135k each time) so I don't go to the trading post. The old way to tell if they accepted or not was easier.

ImageImage19 Points!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:40 pm 

Ohh... I don't use the trading post very often I just was looking around the other day cause I was bored.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]