Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:08 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

They could potentially make an awesome movie. The BFM war was pretty good with the plotline and all. if that was the movie and they made it well, i'd totally go see it

Losers are those who do not try

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:11 am 
PPT God
PPT God

matchbow wrote:
They could potentially make an awesome movie. The BFM war was pretty good with the plotline and all. if that was the movie and they made it well, i'd totally go see it

I will to. Every neopets fan site out there will have someone seeing the movie the day it comes out or copying a review into their own words to say they got it done first. I wonder what site will get it. The only challenge is really is the animation part, it can't make my eyes hurt, if it does I won't see it and it need to be 100mins long (or 90.)

ImageImage19 Points!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:12 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bleh. I don't like the idea of a movie. I mean what is the neopets story? there isn't one. It's an interactive community. Sure there are plots and stories, but you make a movie you have to focus pretty much on a single plot element and that would just completely misrepresent the site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:13 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Random Question - Has any other internet site had a movie made about them?

ImageImage19 Points!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:16 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I don't think another internet site has, but there might have been an indirect one.
If this movie is like Space Jam, (nothing against Space Jam) i'll be so mad. the humans, if any, better be some well drawn anime people

Losers are those who do not try

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:17 am 
PPT God
PPT God

matchbow wrote:
I don't think another internet site has, but there might have been an indirect one.
If this movie is like Space Jam, (nothing against Space Jam) i'll be so mad. the humans, if any, better be some well drawn anime people

Have you seen SpongeBob? They did a good job with it. Maybe Warner Brothers can use Scooby Doo animation! I would try out for the part of a human so Yukio if you find they need humans for a casting call post it on ppt!

ImageImage19 Points!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:23 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
rageaholic wrote:
Bleh. I don't like the idea of a movie. I mean what is the neopets story? there isn't one. It's an interactive community. Sure there are plots and stories, but you make a movie you have to focus pretty much on a single plot element and that would just completely misrepresent the site.

I agree completely. They might bring back Sloth in the movie...perhaps. Or just create a new world. -.- But there is not one main focus on Neopets, except for PETS. I can only think of one *maybe* good thing about this. More money. The more money they have the less they will need, and perhaps they will take ads down!
But probably not. They would just add more ads with ads for the movie! *pants heavily* Very disgruntled about this. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
jabond102 wrote:
matchbow wrote:

Have you seen SpongeBob? They did a good job with it. Maybe Warner Brothers can use Scooby Doo animation! I would try out for the part of a human so Yukio if you find they need humans for a casting call post it on ppt!

You forget to factor in the budget of the production and the venue it will initially be on (theatres versus direct to video.) Both of the films that you mention were high budget and were in theatres first, it does make a lot of difference in many cases.

I honestly feel that a property like Neopets does not yet qualify for a high budget on its first movie.

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

Last edited by Runevalkyrie on Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:31 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Runevalkyrie wrote:
jabond102 wrote:
matchbow wrote:

You forget to factor in the budget of the production and the venue it will initially be on (theatres versus direct to video.) Both of the films that you mention were high budget and were in theatres first, it does make a lot of difference in many cases.

It is going to theartes though I thought and neopets could pull up funds (more ads :()

ImageImage19 Points!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:34 am 
PPT God
PPT God

meowth1982 wrote:
The Wonder Weezel wrote:
notice that NOBODY on this thread likes the idea of the neopest movie....

I really feel left out...I don't really mind the idea, and I've said so.

The Wonder Weezel wrote:
So heres my boycotting strategy.
I WILL personally be one of those freaks who sits there opening night of the movie and record it..... im a super hero after all... sometimes, you have to do bad things to do whats right! Then we all download the movie :) and vwa lah. Everybody has a copy of it. I paid 5 bucks to see it. 50% to the theater, 20% to the actors, 2% to Dohring,..... in the end, they make $1.63 off of it..... eh. Whatever. I just hate the subject. And there is no real way to stop this except to get everybody to download the movie.... but thats not morally right. Thus, i am in shock.

Wow. Wow. You do realize HOW ILLEGAL this is right? I really REALLY hope you're joking around aobut this. Seriously. If you did this, and then got caught, the concequences will be stiff.

hehe, dont worry.... im not serious. I know downloading media is illegal in the first place... and yet people do it anyway! But no, i wasnt planning on starting a boycott by making everybody download it :) like i said, everybody will want to see it, and i am planning of having to rent it at somet point of time as well, and hope all the others do as well. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:00 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Everyone hates the movie idea but I like it (I have said that a lot) but hey look on the bright side of life, all the newbies pricing Mystery of the Kougra Paw for 1np! I will be rich :)

ImageImage19 Points!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:16 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

jabond102 wrote:
Everyone hates the movie idea but I like it (I have said that a lot) but hey look on the bright side of life, all the newbies pricing Mystery of the Kougra Paw for 1np! I will be rich :)

Yeah but inflation will most defintley go up with a billion and a half new members. I wonder how bad it will get...And how many new users...and how many new pets named lolzneopetzroxcutebabyz1129928380.

I get scared thinking about it...will it get to the point where I'll have to leave neo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oh dear god! It gets worse...

Quote:
Scott Weinberg writes: "Variety brings us news of the newest big-screen adaptation inspired by a rampant fad. And when you consider how much coin WB has earned on stuff like "Pokemon" and "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers," this latest news should come as little surprise. NeoPets, for those not in the know, are cute little virtual pets who get fed, get fat, and fall asleep. According to Variety, "WB and NeoPets have already firmed a concept for the first film and have begun talks with an animation director they would not name."

Plans are already in place for stuffed animals, video games and McDonald's Happy Meal tie-ins. Parents, watch your wallets!"

And if you want to real a large pile of steaming bulldung then you can skim through this :

Quote:
Warner Bros. Pictures' latest would-be stars will be skeiths, lupes and perhaps a kiko or two after the company said Thursday that it inked a deal with online entertainment company Neopets Inc.

Terms were not disclosed, but Glendale-based Neopets' imaginary species, such as the wolf-like lupe and dragon-esque skeith, will be featured in computer-animated movies.

Neopets will co-finance the production with Burbank-based Warner Bros.

``It's a natural evolution for us,'' said Doug Dohring, Neopets' chairman and chief executive officer. ``From the very beginning, we wanted to introduce the characters through the Web and bring it into the real world. It's not low budget to make a quick buck. We're making a quality film to develop the story line.''

Dohring said he expects to have a movie ready for theatrical release in two years to three years. Meanwhile, the company will further its brand with a deal to bring the characters to cell phones and a PlayStation 2 release in July.

Originally conceived in 1999 as a goofy community for friends by British college students Adam Powell and Donna Williams, Neopets.com evolved into a business the following year. More than 25 million users have created characters in the alternate universe, spanning as far away as Germany and China.

Though the company has licensed its characters as toys in the past, this marks its first foray into the film world.

``We're looking forward to expanding this exceptional Internet property into feature films that bring the worldwide appeal of this Web site to theaters,'' said Warner Bros. president of production Jeff Robinov in a statement.

While the characters boast a sizable following online, toy industry observer Jim Silver said they haven't fully caught on with consumers. While a hot brand such as Mattel Inc.'s Barbie or MGA Entertainment's Bratz dolls could be tarnished if a movie tanked, he saw only an upside for the lesser-known Neopets.

``When you've got a successful property, do a movie and it fails, it hurts the brand,'' said Silver, who publishes Toy Wishes Magazine. ``They've got a successful Internet brand, but not much exposure elsewhere, so they can attract new people. There's definitely potential there.''

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:09 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

the_dog_god wrote:
Oh dear god! It gets worse...

Quote:

Plans are already in place for stuffed animals, video games and McDonald's Happy Meal tie-ins. Parents, watch your wallets!"

Ugh, MORE Happy Meal tie-ins? As if it wasn't enough when they had the tiny little plushies.
Even scaerier, what if there will be a Neopets TV show? Ugh...I think that would kill me. I wouldn't doubt it though. First comes the movie, the video game, the board game, the stuffed animals, the happy meals, the toys, the handheld games, the notebooks, this and that and this and that. A TV show doesn't sound all that unlikely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:10 am 

<b>Warner Bros. Pictures' latest would-be stars will be skeiths, lupes and perhaps a kiko or two after the company said Thursday that it inked a deal with online entertainment company Neopets Inc. </b>

:x There are other pets aside from Skeiths and Lupes. A KIKO OR TWO?!?! Why only one or two?! WHY NOT ALL THE PETS?! Understandably, it would be extremely expensive, but I don't see the financial difference between making two Kikos or one Kiko and one Poogle or something.

By the way, no offence to Skeith/Lupe fans

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next