Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:50 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well I don't know why anyone is bashing the movie, sure I don't want it but think it will match Dreamworks and Pixar's level of quality. As long as the graphics aren't like The Care Bear Movie 2, the animation will be good :) Care Bear Movie 2 was a dsigrace

ImageImage19 Points!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

jabond102 wrote:
Well I don't know why anyone is bashing the movie, sure I don't want it but think it will match Dreamworks and Pixar's level of quality. As long as the graphics aren't like The Care Bear Movie 2, the animation will be good :) Care Bear Movie 2 was a dsigrace

Neopets' art is poo compared to Dreamworks and Pixar... they're practically two of a kind...

And really, the graphics probably will be passable, it's everything else that won't be... :x

My Mootix Drop guide here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

the_dog_god wrote:
Shoyru_Lover wrote:
if it's not rushed...

Ummm...Neopets...not rushing things...Neopets...not rushing things...

Anyways, click HERE ato sign the new petition expressing your opinion

I signed it. I hope TNT doesnt plan to go through with this movie idea.. x-x

Set by WIS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Duke of Earl wrote:
Neopets' art is poo compared to Dreamworks and Pixar... they're practically two of a kind...

I could be wrong, but I really don't think the Neopets artists will be doing all of the animation. I thought the studios had their own teams that took care of that.

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:18 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

borovan90834 wrote:
Quote:
The day the movie...
*resembles Adam and Donna's random but fairly intellectual humor

I think that's a complement :) Yar!

Don't get me started on the movie. I'm not happy about it. For starters the press releases have the evil capital P that I thought I killed in 2000.

Waves Hi! Nice to see you post.

You both obviously do have a great sense of humor. Random maybe yes, but intelligent and sometimes sly.

The evil P word. Well, that could be evil, but think of the alternative of doing something like the new WB "extreme" animation style. Now that would be evil.

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what develops, what happens and hopefully you will have some input into the movie if it does get past the deal stage.

You guys should just start a coup and take the company back over!

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:27 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Another thing that I thought of....animated movie take much much longer then live action.

I assume that the Neopet movie will be animated (after all, the site is, why wouldn't it be)?

Most animated movies can take upwards of 5 years to make. If it's traditional animation (not CGI) it takes longer. Even the CGI takes a while, if I recall correctly, The Incredibles took about 5 years from start to finish. I wouldn't expect this movie to be out for a couple of years.

I probably won't see it. Not out of a boycott or because I don't like the idea (which I don't, but that's besides the point), but because I see on average about 3 movies in the theaters a year. Since I don't work for a movie theater anymore, I don't get free movies, and it's been about 3 years since I left the movie theater, so I've lost ties, so I don't even get to screen movies anymore ;).

Besides, I have the feeling some heads are going to be rolling over this, judging from Adam's post, so we'll see how far this concept makes it. Just because they plan on a movie, doesn't mean it will happen (and I present "Ender's Game" as my evidence...something that's been "in the works" since I was in middle school, and I'm almost done with my CS degree now).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

The Wonder Weezel wrote:
notice that NOBODY on this thread likes the idea of the neopest movie....

I really feel left out...I don't really mind the idea, and I've said so.

The Wonder Weezel wrote:
So heres my boycotting strategy.
I WILL personally be one of those freaks who sits there opening night of the movie and record it..... im a super hero after all... sometimes, you have to do bad things to do whats right! Then we all download the movie :) and vwa lah. Everybody has a copy of it. I paid 5 bucks to see it. 50% to the theater, 20% to the actors, 2% to Dohring,..... in the end, they make $1.63 off of it..... eh. Whatever. I just hate the subject. And there is no real way to stop this except to get everybody to download the movie.... but thats not morally right. Thus, i am in shock.

Wow. Wow. You do realize HOW ILLEGAL this is right? I really REALLY hope you're joking around aobut this. Seriously. If you did this, and then got caught, the concequences will be stiff.

<STOWA|Sleep> my sister questioned the title. "Half Blooded Prince? Does that mean he's a Moogle"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:36 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

borovan90834 wrote:
Quote:
The day the movie...

Don't get me started on the movie. I'm not happy about it. For starters the press releases have the evil capital P that I thought I killed in 2000.

Pop-ups?

Great, now that Adam himself has stated it, I have lost all hope for this movie. Dohring must really hate you coming on here eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:37 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Urthdigger wrote:
borovan90834 wrote:
Quote:
The day the movie...

Pop-ups?

Great, now that Adam himself has stated it, I have lost all hope for this movie. Dohring must really hate you coming on here eh?

What? o_o I think he's talking about the NeoPets instead of Neopets...

<STOWA|Sleep> my sister questioned the title. "Half Blooded Prince? Does that mean he's a Moogle"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:41 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

borovan90834 wrote:

Change of mind, eh? :P Your last post has you saying this:

Quote:
a movie would be awesome :)

... especially if i write it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Maybe a new neopet will be released for the movie.

HEY I JUST GOT A FAX FROM NEOPETS INC., it is the first line of the movie.

Borovan: Please ignore the banner ads and top ads and side ads and bottom ads and google ads during this film. We are sorry if you don't like them but without them we wouldn't be here right now.

It won't be that way. I actually am used to the ads now so it won't bother me at all. Well, for the few ads that come up on my computer.

ImageImage19 Points!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

meowth1982 wrote:
Urthdigger wrote:
borovan90834 wrote:
Quote:
The day the movie...

Pop-ups?

What? o_o I think he's talking about the NeoPets instead of Neopets...

Yes, that's what he means. Anytime Neopets appears in any sort of news article, they always call it NeoPets. Which looks supremely stupid. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
Thanks Adam!

For me this really cements the difference between Neopets, the fun loving site, and Neopets, Inc the money grubbing corporation that is there to exploit children and make money any way they can. One is run by Adam and Donna, one is run by Doug Dohring. Guess which is which.

If anyone is still looking for proof that Adam and Donna are good people that are there trying to hold the creative integrity of the site together and keeping it fun for absolutely everybody and are not in it solely for the money, there it is!

They are the good guys. They are the cow boys with the white hats.

They don't want the banners. They don't want the rushed plots. They don't want a movie that will cement Neopets as a fad instead of building a solid fan base.

Anyhoo, I just want to say regardless of what happens, I know I've been a jerk about some things but I really want to thank Adam and Donna for all the work that they put into making this site and doing with it what they could. Usually, and I know I'm guilty of this, they get blamed first because they are the ones we see. They are the ones that actually have the guts to present themselves to the users while doing their best to make the site the best it can be. Again, I just wanted to thank you guys and tell you that we are behind you no matter what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:28 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I'd like a cameo and maybe honourable mention, anywho..

It's a predictable cycle of how all things work, it's been seen before and it's not like any of us could expect that it wouldn't happen this time. One thing I think is fascinating about Neopets is that the brand is built on good intentions. There wasn't much manufactured in the beginning, you can't find a game more innocent than Guess the Card!

I can't really make any huge defining statement about the idea of a movie, I don't know how the company is set up, why it was sold and where to draw the line between the Neopets Team and the other team.

I agree with Coming2atvnearu though, I much prefer the artists, writers, game makers and content people over any of you-know-who's legal team(no hard feelings, kids =) ).

But then again, who does like lawyers anyways?

generally unimpressed. Koku.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:53 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I too am of the general opinion that a movie could be great, but the all to real possibility that it will be awful and take time/money/effort away from the site makes it impossible to be optimistic for me. Another is the notion itself. As someone else already mentioned, Neopets has no history to it. There's no common ground or understanding of Neopia for people to work from. Even the most basic of questions haven't been answered and more often than not the answers given contradict one another.

Where did Neopets come from? There's a dusty Neopedia article about Sloth using Neopia as an experimental playground and suddenly neopets manifest themselves out of thin air. Where do faeries come from? Are Neopets born in the traditional sense, or are they created in some machine at the Create-A-Pet Center? If they are born, then are the species really species? Neopets has had Aishas married to Lupes with Zafara children, or something similar. Can they die? I'm not talking about the site where they can only die if you delete your account, but obvisouly the ones without owners can. Does this mean the ones we create are mortal as well, or does our creating them in fact make them immortal? Do humans exist at all? I've not once seen any reference with Neopets official fantasy universe, in all my years of playing, that even acknowledges we exist.

Every other Monster Pet franchise has laid at least that much simple groundwork. Pokemon exist in some alternate version of Earth where they evolved right alongside humans and real animals. Fair enough. Digimon exist in a digital dimension that can be accessed through portals in the "Real" world where they wouldn't normally exist. In Monster Rancher some kid also gets tossed into a bizzaro universe where monsters live. But aside from bits and pieces scattered throughout the site and Neopedia, which they can and do change on whims, there's no concrete explanation of the fantasy world Neopets inhabit. Myself, I'd like to think that I'm not just some omnipotent unseen force in my pets' lives.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next