If you're feeling down and blue and need a little pick-me-up, then this is the place to be people!
Topic locked

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:58 pm

Spring

It is the time when clocks go forwards. (Spring Forward, Fall Back.)

In case anyone is wondering clocks go back in the UK and USA on October 29th.

It is the time when it gets rainy. (Mind you this year was a dry April and wet August where I live)

It is because Springtime is seen as a time of growth, renewal, of new life (both plant and animal) being born, and of the cycle of life once again starting.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:09 pm

There is no place quite like central Kentucky in the early autumn. The sky is bluer, the grass is greener, and there's this deliciously crisp smell in the air. Also, the temperature is generally sane, unlike the rest of the year. Also, I know that when the leaves start turning that it's nearly my birthday. ;)

Spring's pretty nice, too.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:16 pm

Spring or fall. Not a fun of hot, humid summers or icy, cold winters.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:16 am

Fall is the best season ever <3 I love cool fall weather where you can wear long pants and a jacket but still walk outside nicely and everything turns such pretty colors. Spring is too stormy, summer is too hot, and winter is too cold and icy.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:36 am

Autumn - minus the scary spiders. :(

Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:49 am

spring - you get to shed your winter jeans and wear khakis!... whenever i wear my first pair of shorts for the spring i feel so free........ but then it gets way to hot outside and i hate it

Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:55 pm

Spring because it's the season of newborns (think bunny rabbits and baby sheep :) ) and because of all the flowers.

Autumn because I love the feeling of the air early in the morning and the brown leaves.

So I can't decide o_O

Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:30 pm

Late fall/early winter, when the trees are pretty, the air is nice, and the grass is green. I personally hate summer, it can get up to a 100 (37 celsius) here and I don't like hot weather, theres also hardly anything to do.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:37 pm

Late spring, because it's the only time when I don't get massive scary spiders!

Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:51 pm

FALL FALL FALL FALL FALL FALL FALL! <3

I dont think it's possible for me to love any season more than fall. I dont know wh I like it so much.

Maybe winter a little too.

Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:50 pm

I think Autumn and Spring have always been seen as lulling seasons in my eyes, neither too hot nor too cold. However, I prefer Autumn as:

a) My birthday is in Autumn.
b) It leads onto Winter, which I too enjoy.
c) It's the end of the hot weather for another 8 months (as of course, Spring starts to heat up).
d) Rain - lovely soothing rain. We need more!

It also represents closure in my eyes, as the leaves fall and the year closes to an end, the colours, oranges and browns are nice.

The main disadvantage being the forementioned spiders. Especially scary ones! Or the daddy long legs... I have to close my window for the rest of the year because I cannot stand them. About an hour ago, I walked in the door and went to get a drink. Lo and behold, as I flicked the light on, the daddy long legs flew from wherever... with the massive flailing legs... and other general scariness. I don't mind wasps and bees in the Summer. Spiders are nasty, too, there was one in my bath yesterday, but it couldn't climb up the sides, so I was less worried.

Anyway, I've really missed the point.

Back on topic!

Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:29 am

I love the summer. I really enjoy warm weather and the sun. I hate winter with the snow and negative temperatures...too cold for me.

Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:40 am

Late Spring/Early Summer. We get some wicked storms then, and I love it. I like not having a cold nose, I like seeing the ugly snow disappear, I like hearing crickets at night, and seeing flowers everywhere too.
Topic locked