If you're feeling down and blue and need a little pick-me-up, then this is the place to be people!
Topic locked

Renew Yourself

Solar
42%
Wind
33%
Hydrodynamic
12%
Geothermal
No votes
Other (Please Share)
3%
More Than One
9%

Total votes : 33

What is Your Favorite Renewable Energy?

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:28 am

This isn't about if you like it or not and if you want to talk about that, do it somewhere else. Other does not include none.

I personally like solar a lot, but wind is a close second. Both would be fun to have here (my home) since we have the space for both.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:31 am

Solar since it seems pretty reliable. :)

Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:03 am

There is no renewable energy! It's all a lie! Every thing you do adds to entropy and it will make teh universe stop.

Anyway, I quite like Wind power and solar power. Geothermal is hardly renewable.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:22 am

Wind power totally rocks - I love looking at wind farms - they're hypnotic.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:58 am

Tidal power, because it sounds cool xD

There's a solar-powered water heater at my grandparents' place. I hate it. I almost froze to death when I decided to take a shower early in the morning there, because I was way too tired the night before.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:23 pm

Christopher wrote:There is no renewable energy! It's all a lie! Every thing you do adds to entropy and it will make teh universe stop.

Anyway, I quite like Wind power and solar power. Geothermal is hardly renewable.

!: You can't win.
2: You can't break even.
3: You cant even quit.

I love Thermodynamics :lol:
Not a huge fan of the presented types of "Renewable" energy myself, having seen how much space they take up for such small return, but having said that, Tidal is kinda fun to watch.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:03 pm

Wind, because I find wind farms actually look quite nice. :)

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:53 pm

Tidal, not for it's uses but just because it looks cool. ;)

Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:19 pm

Solar.

I don't like wind much, because we have wind towers all over and they're ugly.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:23 pm

Wind farms improve the aesthetics of the country side so they're my #1 spot!

Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:53 pm

I was looking at this thread and my first thought was "Red Bull, I suppose". It was then until I saw it wasn't about energy drinks but rather renewable energy resources.

As per the poll, I prefer wind power.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:16 am

Solar, because the sun is cool. 8)

Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:04 am

Wind and Solar

Wind farms are cool and so are solar panels.

But any ecofriendly enegry source is good in my book.

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:49 am

Instead of green roofs, they should just install solar panels on the top of every building. o.o Solar for me. :P

Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:39 am

Anoohilator wrote:Wind farms improve the aesthetics of the country side so they're my #1 spot!

You wouldn't want to live near one though, would you? Birds get caught in them and they're noisy as heck. I wrote an entire paper about how bad windmills are once, but unfortunately I don't still have it.

My favorite type is nuclear. Almost zero pollution and if implemented properly, very little risk. It would also last millions of years.
Topic locked