If you're feeling down and blue and need a little pick-me-up, then this is the place to be people!
Topic locked

Jobs?

Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:29 pm

I don't know why, I just sorta assume that everyone else's my age sometimes.

I was wondering how many people on PPT are actually working, how many people are going to school.

Do I make any sense?

Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:39 pm

Neither, at the moment. I've applied to just about every place I could around here, and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping to hear back from someone soon, but jobs are pretty difficult to get around here, it seems (heck, even the warehouse down the street that hires people every single day wouldn't. >_>).

When I get a job, though, I'm saving up money to go back to my community college.

Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:47 pm

School. Grade 8 (year 9 in England/etc).

Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:00 pm

I've worked at McDonalds for about 8 months, and until I move or the stupid BlockBuster hires me, I'm stuck there.

As for school, I'm in University. And considering my University is millions of miles away, I only work weekends.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:25 am

Just finished uni last year, working now. I miss the learning a bit, and being able to sleep in ... but I don't miss having to work on assignments in the evenings and weekends! And earning money is good too ;)

Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:34 am

I do both! I have a full time job teaching and I'm working on my masters degree. Fun times.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:40 am

I'm going to school full-time. However, this is going to change starting next summer and next school year. Why? Well, I need to get a 3.2 GPA for my freshman year so I can transfer to UT Austin.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:57 am

I'm 14, a freshman. I work on and off in various acting and performing jobs. Broadway bound am I! ;D Right now I'm in a local production of Oklahoma as well as prepping for a few competitions at the Shakespearean festival.

I'm also working on my pilot's license right now ^^

Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:59 am

I'm not going to college, (Though I wish I could) so I'm looking for a job now. Not much luck yet.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:04 am

No real job whatsoever. Though I do stints as a Librarian, Lumberjack, Cult Leader, etc.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:18 am

mogster500 wrote:I'm not going to college, (Though I wish I could) so I'm looking for a job now. Not much luck yet.

Ditto.
When they told me the cost of the course (£850 for a one year course...) I told them to shove it.
Course then I did some other silly things to jeopardise my ever returning to that college aswell, so I'm looking for a job / Resisting the urge to run away.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:10 am

mayanspypilot wrote:I do both! I have a full time job teaching and I'm working on my masters degree. Fun times.

I'm close. I'm working on my masters, and I have a full-time job, but I want a full-time job teaching.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:44 am

Freshman in college, but I do wash dishes and make sandwiches at one of the dining halls.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:11 am

Grade 9, but I draw for a website for a little bit of money. C:

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:50 am

I dont do anything, officially. But Im applying for SSI at the moment. I knew a guy who pretended to hear ringing in his ears and managed to get government money, so I'll be a bit upset if I dont qualify with actual problems.

I do some reading on my own though, to keep up with the learning stuff.
Topic locked