Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Why don't you role play?
I always role play! 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
I just don't like role playing 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
It's a pain in the butt/waste of time 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
There's never enough people anyway 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
There's no rp I want to participate in 38%  38%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 29
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:42 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Where's the "I'd Like To But I Suck" option?

Zero set 13 of 26

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:59 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

My friend and I had a roleplay going, that started on another forum and then moved onto our AOL names. But I haven't heard from her lately, so that has recently diminished, and I don't feel the urge to start in anything else. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Dragonfire wrote:
ryan.riverside wrote:
Isn't mIRC like ARGing or something?

What's ARGing? o_O

And mIRC is a chat program, like AIM, except it's entirely text-based, and people can set up servers, then in the servers there are chatroom channels, and people can set up their own channels and give powers to certain people (highest is owner, then SuperOp, then AutoOp, then HalfOp, then VoiceOp).

RPing in mIRC would be basically doing one line at a time, like "She walks over here" and then "She picks up a drink", etc.

Yeah, I don't know what ARG is, but that's basically right. RPing on mIRC is a lot of fun. :) You can set up macros where you type a command and it'd post your character description (which is *so* handy). You can write more than one sentence, though. :P I don't remember what the character limit per line is, but it's pretty decent. I always ran this one Inn and one of my characters ran it and various people on mIRC would wander in and out. There were regulars and new people. It was fun to listen to everyone's stories. Occasionally, we'd go off and make other chatrooms for adventures and such, too. :) I remember one of my favorites. I don't remember all the details, but my Innkeeper, a bard, and this cat girl went off in search of something and the bard led us to this cavern. In front of the cavern were all these iridescent dragons and when they opened their mouths to roar, music came out. There was a lot more to it, but it was so pretty the way it was described. <3 Rping was fast and slow. Sometimes you could sit in a room for hours and nothing much would happen. Other times, the right people would pop in or conversations would trigger and there goes your whole night. haha :)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:16 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I think I RPed once or twice on IRC, that was interesting. Man, I haven't been on IRC in so long...

But yeah, when I used to RP a lot, I would either RP here or on Avidgamers (version 1, not the ugly version 2). I'm not sure why I liked AG so much, I guess because it was more involved.

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:27 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I quit RPing shortly before the Great Reset.
I still RP via PM with pokemonfreak27. We work on fanfiction that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

ARGing is like RPing in real life. It's called Alternate Reality Gaming. You basically have treasure hunt-type stuff in real locations. You assume a character in a story that involves people on a certain scale, and you get real money as a prize. They do them sometimes as a way to advertise certain things. Check it out. It might be fun if you live in a big city.

Co-Chair of the Sugarinii/Tasha Fan Club
Set by my hero, DM!
FFR. Augustine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
ryan.riverside wrote:
ARGing is like RPing in real life. It's called Alternate Reality Gaming. You basically have treasure hunt-type stuff in real locations. You assume a character in a story that involves people on a certain scale, and you get real money as a prize. They do them sometimes as a way to advertise certain things. Check it out. It might be fun if you live in a big city.

Sort of like LARPing. *screams in horror and points* LARPer! *runs in terror*

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Heh... I am not one of the order of LARP, but my sister is. She is always on mIRC, so that's where I drew the connection. Apparently there is a very large ARG chat server that works through mIRC.

Co-Chair of the Sugarinii/Tasha Fan Club
Set by my hero, DM!
FFR. Augustine.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3