Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:03 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Squinchy wrote:
So that's why I couldn't sign into my Yahoo account last night-they must've been making improvements or something..

I like the changes, and even though I like google better than yahoo (search engine wise), I'll just keep my yahoo account now.
No, according to WHAM1180 they got hacked.

Image By Jens.
Jim wrote:
I like to call this one the "Oooo, is that a hot guy sunbathing nude in his back yard?" pic.
Abusing your high altitude living space. For shame!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I used to use Hotmail, but through quite a few unfortunate circumstances, I stopped trusting Hotmail and MSN messenger. I switched to Yahoo and have been quite happy with it ever since. I get ZERO spam and junkmail. And now I have 100mb of space... and I haven't a clue how I'll ever need that much. I barely use my e-mail at all.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:31 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Noelle wrote:
I'm sort of computer stupid exsept art programs and some other stuff could some one tell me how large is a GB?

A gigabyte is 1,000 megabytes. So yeah, that's a lot of space. My hosting gives me 1 GB of space, and I only use about 50 MB. XP

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Sapphire Faerie wrote:
I used to use Hotmail, but through quite a few unfortunate circumstances, I stopped trusting Hotmail and MSN messenger. I switched to Yahoo and have been quite happy with it ever since. I get ZERO spam and junkmail. And now I have 100mb of space... and I haven't a clue how I'll ever need that much. I barely use my e-mail at all.

Yahoo suddenly bumped up the space O_O To way to much I might add! :shock:

On a side note, I have myself a Gmail account. Unfortunatly, no invites. But email me at mailto:ladyaq@gmail.com !

Click here, click here! Don't be a c-c-c-combo breaker! :D
THANK YOU ZILARY. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:31 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
a gig is like 1024 mb aint it?

I really don't see why you'd need so much space (unless you were planning to send videos through email...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:34 am 
PPT God
PPT God

It's actually 1000 megabytes :)

The reson everyone is so excited about this is because you don't need to delete any of your messages. Since most email messages are only like 3-4 kilobytes, and there are 1000 kilobytes in a megabyte, and there's 1000 megabytes of space.... Well, you won't be running out of space anytime soon!
:shock:

Click here, click here! Don't be a c-c-c-combo breaker! :D
THANK YOU ZILARY. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:41 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Christopher wrote:
a gig is like 1024 mb aint it?

An explaination. And yes it is.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:52 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I myself have two Gmail accounts (one for fun with the invite so kindly sent by Glass Charm, one for possible future professional use with an invite I generated off the first account). Personally, I think 1 GB is waaaaay more than enough. Also, Gmail can send messages with attachments up to 10 MB as well, and the text ads are barely noticable. If Yahoo makes it $20/year for a few minor extra perks, I'd think that's a bit too much...

(Of course, Hotmail's at the bottom, offering very minimal space for almost $30/year.)

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:34 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Maybe this may prompt Hotmail to increase storage space too:)I think they used to offer more space right? Maybe I should just switch to Yahoo! mail...
And, I agree that 1 GB is really more than enough. Yahoo!'s 6MB space was already enough, if not, more than enough, for me at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:37 am 
PPT God
PPT God

quicksilvery1pore wrote:
Yahoo!'s 6MB space was already enough, if not, more than enough, for me at least.
It was more than enough, for the most part, once they stopped counting bulk mail as part of the storage, because I get about 200 spam emails a day. 100MB is entirely too much, but I won't complain.
6MB was for the older accounts though; 4MB was provided for newer accounts... and I guess now it's going to be 100MB. *dances and signs up for another Yahoo account* -- one that's easier to put on college apps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:40 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Squinchy wrote:
I like the changes, and even though I like google better than yahoo (search engine wise), I'll just keep my yahoo account now.

Same. I don't feel like letting everyone know that I have a new email address, so I decided to keep my Yahoo account.

Yahoo is pretty good. It's even better with those new changes.

Yahoo! Mail wrote:
100MB of email storage.
Keep more of what's important to you.
Powerful spam protection.
Read only the mail you really want .
Get your mail anywhere.

Not bad, not bad at all. :D

Set by robot. Van Den Hoogenband is the best name, ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:47 pm 

The upgrade to 100mb is fantastic for me. I was always getting those "You're almost over your 6mb quota" warnings. Although 100mb is way more than even I need. I think Yahoo can afford to offer 100mb because they know so many people will never even get close to using that much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm staring at the announcement e-mail I got and I'm like.....you mean this is free?! :shock: I mean I get less space in my college e-mail account. :lol:

Yahoo already had pretty darn good e-mail service (even though their message boards are nesting grounds for some of the most immature morons I have even seen). I've never really had a problem with them. My e-mail is still virtually spam-free (never registered it with anything)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:37 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Cyanna wrote:
My e-mail is still virtually spam-free (never registered it with anything)

Mine is too! Well, see, I have two yahoo email addresses. One is for registering with things, so my main email account is pretty much spam-free. I love it. :)

Set by robot. Van Den Hoogenband is the best name, ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The Fifth Marauder wrote:
Cyanna wrote:
My e-mail is still virtually spam-free (never registered it with anything)

Mine is too! Well, see, I have two yahoo email addresses. One is for registering with things, so my main email account is pretty much spam-free. I love it. :)

Ditto, that's the way to go, the only things I've registered with my main account are important things that I know won't send a ton of junk.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next