Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Furcadia Art (256 Colours Pixel Art!)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

So I'm getting back into patching for Furcadia. I'm sure most of you haven't heard of it, but basically, it operates in 256 colours, and has since 1996. (There is supposed to be an update to better colour, but I'm not relying on that coming out for at least a year.) When you make remappable portraits or avatars (ones that can recolour to the colours used by a player) you can't even use the full range of 256, due to some image corruption. So it's a little tricky.

All items, walls, etc, work in the exact same perspective that was used for The Sims (the first game).

So there's my explanation: here's the art, and I plan to add more, as I'm working on some items and such for the Halloween contest.

This is the (remappable -- I don't know why, as I almost never change my colours) portrait I use.

A portrait I made for someone's character. Their character does not have these colours; these are the colours you use to make a port remappable.

A portrait made for a cat character.

The remapped version with their colours.

Some items I made a long time ago. (I have more recent ones, but those will go to use in contests and I'm not posting them till they're entered.)

Post subject: Re: Furcadia Art (256 Colours Pixel Art!)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:21 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I don't really understand the technical details you explained about Furcadia (except that being able to change the colors of an avatar is pretty cool), but your artwork is very nice. Your items put TNT's to shame.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:14 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Daaang, I've been off Neopets for so long it took me a few seconds to figure out what you meant.

To be fair, Furcadia items do work a bit differently than Neopets or Subeta ones. If you've ever played Runescape (and oh yes it DOES hurt to compare it to Furcadia) it's a bit more like that, I guess?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:34 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ahaha, the moment I saw the items I thought "...SIMS." XD

Very nice art. How long have you been pixelling for? :o

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I don't pixel outside of Furc... I dunno, it's very on-and-off with me. I was trying to patch my own dreams around 2005, but sadly computer crashes lost all the items. :/

... Aaahhgh I've lost all the non-furc people again. On Furcadia, the pixel art pieces you can add are referred to as "patches", unlike every other game where patches fix a broken game. A "dream" would probably on another MORPG be referred to as a "Map" or "World".

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:32 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I remember Furcadia - I messed around in it a little bit back in 5th grade since my friend suggested it to me. I was disappointed that you couldn't fight monsters :p
Anyway these look really good! I envy you being able to figure your way around their mappy pixelly editor thingy since I never could (though I was also 11 XP).

Zero set 13 of 26

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]