Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Katherine's Writing Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:29 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, I know a few of you here have been pestering me to see some of my work, so I decided to post some up here! There'll be some OF, HP Fanfic, and maybe even some Twilight fanfiction in the future. So, I'll stop babbling, and let you read!

The start of Cross My Heart and Hope to Die, my NaNoWriMo novel. Keep in mind this is un-edited.

Prologue
A preliminary discourse; a preface or introductory part of a discourse, poem, or novel.

“Mine!” I yelled, diving for the red volleyball about to hit the floor. I put my arms under is and bumped it up to the setter. She spiked it over the net, and I heard the thud of it hitting the floor on the other side of the net.

“Good job guys!” I said as I got back into my position. The team was flawless.

“Mine!” The cry came from beside me. I whipped my head around to look at where the cry came from.

Well, we were nearly flawless.

She may be my best friend, but even I can not deny that she sucks at volleyball.

“Bella, come off.” The coach called from the sideline. I was happy someone had the sense to keep her off the court. My other friend, Queen of the Court Courtney came and took her place. She was the best volleyball player on the team, but was annoying and thought she was the queen of the court, so I was made team captain instead of her. At least she was only like that on the court.

I caught the ball thrown to me by the other side, and served it over the net. An ace serve. That is why coach always played me as server. I could ace it every time. But server was so boring! I wish that I could still play setter, but with my wrist injuries, I could hardly volley at all. It would be at least another month until I could play setter again, add another 2 weeks to gain my strength back, and that adds up to me playing the last two games of the season as setter. Yay.

At least we had a fairly good setter to take the place of me. I loathed her though. Stupid Haydn. Haydn, my best guy friend, had tried to teach me how to skateboard. Did not turn out so well, unless you count my volleyball career going down drastically and a visit to the ER good. After 2 weeks in a cast, I could play volleyball again, but not volley anything. Wouldn’t you just call it ‘ball’ then?

“Jesska!” Coach barked at me. “Get your head into the game!”

I looked down at my feet. The ball was at my feet. I picked it up and served it. It went hopelessly off target. As we rotated, I quickly ran off the court. I took a seat on the bench beside Bella.

“What’s going on?” Coach said, coming over with his clipboard.

I winced. Not because of coach though, but because I was taking the shoulder length glove off of my left arm. The one with the broken wrist. I threw it into my bag and took out an icepack. I sighed as I placed it on my wrist.

“You’re doing about as good as me.” Bella said, laughing and punching my good arm.

“Hey!” I said, in mock anger. I punched her back.

“Girls!” Coach yelled at us.

We rolled our eyes at each other. Trust him not to get that this was how I cooled down.

“It is fine coach. I guess I am just having an off day.” I said to him.

“You’re already not able to play setter. Can you at least play server decently?” Coach said at me. It was obvious he was mad.

I did not respond. Bella rolled her eyes as Coach walked away.

“I have gotta go.” I said, picking up my bag. “See you later.”

“See ya Jess.” Bella said, waving half-heartedly.

More will be up soon!

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]