Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hot Rod, Cold Heart--A Katara/Blagojevich Crossover Fanfic
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:55 am 

[[This is my first ever attempt at fanfiction, so don't be too harsh! I sort of know where the story is going, but I'm perfectly willing to take suggestions for the next parts.]]

--Part I--

“Don't worry Katara, I'll be back before you know it!” Those were the last words Katara had heard from Aang before he left to fight in the Great War. This day would mark the fifth anniversary of his fateful departure. At first, Katara had accepted this separation. After all, she was dating the guarantor of peace and balance on planet Earth. “But if he truly loved me,” she thought, “wouldn't he send a note? Wouldn't he come back and visit? Wouldn't he want me to KNOW HE WAS OKAY?”

Katara dug her face into her pillow and began to cry once again. It seemed everyone she loved had been caught in this War, never to be seen again. Even Fire Lord Zuko had stopped answering the messages she sent. Her house was empty, her family and friends were all gone. She was... alone.

While she was drowning in self-pity, she heard a knock at the door. “Could that be Aang?” With all of the hope she could muster, she threw on her best blue robe, put up her hair, and ran over to let the guest inside. Imagine her shock when she opened the door and saw not the bald-headed Avatar, but a tall, aged man with brown chestnut hair. Fighting back tears, she confronted the man and asked him for his identity.

“Who are you? What do you want with me?” she cried.

“I'm Rod Blagojevich, the governor of Illinois. The Dai Li have framed me for a crime I didn't commit, and I need some place to stay. Can you please help me?” Katara thought for a moment and stared into his sad, grey eyes. When he spoke, she felt warm inside. She hadn't felt this way since Aang had left.

“A-alright,” she said, visibly blushing. “You can stay here until the heat dies down.” Blagojevich lay down on her bed, tired but relieved. He would be safe for at least the next few days. Katara brought in a bowl of soup and a mug of coffee.

Blagojevich was flattered by her hospitality. “Oh, thank you so much. This is exactly what I needed.” Katara giggled a little. She was so glad to brighten this poor man's day, but her feelings quickly got the better of her. Before she could help herself, she leaned in and gave the governor a small kiss on the cheek. “OMG, I'm so sorry! I... I just...” Katara broke down in tears, partly because she missed Aang, and partly because she gave into temptation so easily. But then, Blagojevich leaned in and gave her a comforting hug. “It's okay, it happens sometimes. I won't tell anyone.”

--Part II--

For the rest of the afternoon, Katara tried as hard as she could to stay away from the governor. She made his meals while he was in the bathroom, and she left to do chores when he was nearby. The longer she stayed near him, she reasoned, the more she would fall for him. As promised, he would be able to stay the night, but she would do her best to kick him out the next day. Suddenly, she heard him calling out from the other room.

“Katara, can you come in here? I want to talk about earlier today.”

“Uh, yeah, sure... I'll be right in. Hang on!” Katara almost completely lost her composure and barely managed to stumble into the room. She didn't want to face this. “Mr. Blagojevich--”

“Call me Rod.”

“Okay, Rod, I-I'm sorry about what happened. I've just-it's been so long since I've seen another guy, I guess I went kind of crazy.” Still blushing, Katara slumped down in the couch. Rod tried to assuage her guilt: “I'm not going to pretend to know what it's like to be a teenage girl on the edge of adulthood. But I do know this. You're a very sweet girl, and you've been very good to me. Much better than most people are these days.” Rod slid a little closer to her and reached around her back to grasp her opposite shoulder.

“Wait, is he coming on to me?” Katara decided to go with it and return the favor. She loved this man, she was sure. If Aang was even alive, he would never find out anyway. She took her right hand and ran her fingers through Rod's chestnut hair. His breathtaking locks belied his relatively advanced age. She then took her left hand and clenched Rod's thigh. Before he even knew what was going on, she advanced toward his mouth to kiss him. She went in most of the way, but he leaned forward to meet her. The two shared a passionate kiss for what seemed like an eternity.

Katara lost control of her water bending abilities in the heat of the moment. A nearby glass of water turned to ice.

As if he had awaken from a dream, Rod snapped back into consciousness. He quickly pulled himself off of Katara and started to run for the door. “Wait, Mr. Blagojevich! I thought we were going to be together!”

“I'm so sorry Katara, I just can't do this! I have a wife at home and the Dai Li are looking for me. I could be putting both of you in danger!” Katara understood.

“I'll never forget you!” she shouted as he ran out the door.

*_*

A week had passed since that fateful day. Aang still had not returned, but Katara had not expected him to. She was once again doing her chores when she heard a knock at the door. “Could Rod have changed his mind and come back to see me?” She ran to the door and opened it, only to find a man standing there in a menacing green uniform.

“Excuse me, ma'am. I am an agent of the Dai Li. We have recently apprehended an important political figure who has been charged with corruption. We believe you may be connected to the case. If you have seen this man, can you please come in for questioning?”

The agent held up a wanted poster. Rod Blagojevich's face was sketched on the front.

**TO BE CONTINUED**

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Last edited by theonlysaneone on Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Hot Rod, Cold Heart--A Katara/Blagojevich Crossover Fanfic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:15 am 

I think Katara should have an affair with President-elect Obama. Other than that I can't wait to see where this is going! <3 <3 <3

IDB Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:33 am 

Forte wrote:
I think Katara should have an affair with President-elect Obama. Other than that I can't wait to see where this is going! <3 <3 <3

I am definitely planning to include Obama, but he won't be having an affair with Katara. Sorry :(

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
I really, really like the story TOSO! I love how you've mixed something I know nothing about (Katara) with current events :D It's really awesome. My one nit-picky comment:

Part II wrote:
You've a very sweet girl, and you've been very good to me

You might want to change that very first word... "you've" doesn't quite make sense :P

I'm looking forward to Part III!

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

[quote="theonlysaneone]“OMG, I'm so sorry! I... I just...” [/quote]

It's good. But... Did she actually say "Oh-emm-gee"? Or am I just missing something? o_O

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:55 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Eh. I may end up sounding partisian in my critique, so please do excuse me. I also do not intend this to be rude. Merely a critique. :)

I'm sorry, but this is just a cheap hit at a Democrat under-fire (I'm not defending him or his actions); unfortunately done through the medium of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Also, Blagojevich is being tried on corruption charges; it seems like you are trying to tie him to the idea that all Democratic politicans cheat.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Wow this was brilliant. Combining recent events and pop culture is something no one ever does. I wonder if the people who do Family Guy or The Simpsons know about doing this since that would be great for their shows.

So, what comes next? Are you going to link the predatory lenders and Bush government deregulation coupled with their handing US$1.6 billion to executives in the financial bailout to Twilight? Because that would be a great meeting of blood sucking vampires and evil neither world scum with the popular Twilight series.
How about something with the Southern Republican senators representing foreign auto companies blocking support for US companies? Because that has SpongeBob crossover written all over it.

Once again, way to be original and focus on real problems. Good job.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:00 am 

Light wrote:
Eh. I may end up sounding partisian in my critique, so please do excuse me. I also do not intend this to be rude. Merely a critique. :)

I'm sorry, but this is just a cheap hit at a Democrat under-fire (I'm not defending him or his actions); unfortunately done through the medium of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Also, Blagojevich is being tried on corruption charges; it seems like you are trying to tie him to the idea that all Democratic politicans cheat.

Skynetmain wrote:
Wow this was brilliant. Combining recent events and pop culture is something no one ever does. I wonder if the people who do Family Guy or The Simpsons know about doing this since that would be great for their shows.

So, what comes next? Are you going to link the predatory lenders and Bush government deregulation coupled with their handing US$1.6 billion to executives in the financial bailout to Twilight? Because that would be a great meeting of blood sucking vampires and evil neither world scum with the popular Twilight series.
How about something with the Southern Republican senators representing foreign auto companies blocking support for US companies? Because that has SpongeBob crossover written all over it.

Once again, way to be original and focus on real problems. Good job.

Wow, I'm disappointed you guys don't like it. :( However, I would appreciate more criticism directed towards the writing and less towards the content. :)

Also, the character of Patrick Fitzgerald will be introduced in the next part, which, if all goes well, will be released later tonight <3 <3 <3

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
theonlysaneone wrote:
Also, the character of Patrick Fitzgerald will be introduced in the next part, which, if all goes well, will be released later tonight <3 <3 <3

How riveting!

Will he finally send Scooter Libby and Cheney to prison for leaking classified intelligence, exposing a covet operative just because her husband had proof that the Iraq war was started on a lie?

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to my charity fund raiser to help families affected by autism. Click here if you want to help out.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject: Re: Hot Rod, Cold Heart--A Katara/Blagojevich Crossover Fanf
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:34 am 

why was this never continued? :(

IDB Administrator

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]