Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: ~The PPT Graphics Gallery~
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

DM
The Dumbledore icon--I just find this more disturbing than funny. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm weird. Don't dwell on it. XD
The next one is pretty good, I don't think you could improve it at all.
The Kakashi one is also good, unless you're actually SUPPOSED to be able to read the text without squinting up your eyes all funny-like and then slapping your forehead and proclaiming to your computer screen "Oh, FEELING blue!"
I like the Lucky*Star icon the most. Shiny and happy, and also barely legible again. (I'm sensing a theme here...)

I'm working on something in Illustrator at the time, and when I'm finished I'll post it for review.
Pre-warning: it's generic.

In the mean time, why not judge the set I made Helena (made in GIMP)?
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:57 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

DM
My favorite one is the second icon. It has great, bold colors and is overall very appealing. My second favorite one is the last icon, it has very nice colors. The one thing I would suggest is to have the text be in a darker blue or pink or something, to contrast with the white.

Byakuya San
Really cool background here, but I don't feel like the color scheme of the text and the background go too well with the rainbowness of the faerie Pteri. Also, I feel like the border should just be simple, instead of leaving a gap between the edges of the sig like that.

Here's a new sig:

OR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks, WIS. It's probably a bit late to try and fix that up now (plus I accidentally merged the Pteri with the background), so I think I'll work more on my other project for now.

Now as for your sigs...
Even though the differences between the two are extremely subtle, I think the top one looks better because it's just a bit sharper and pops out more, which makes that much more of a difference. I can't say much else though since I'm not exactly sure what's supposed to be going on in them (good job on the birds though).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:14 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Quote:
The Dumbledore icon--I just find this more disturbing than funny. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm weird. Don't dwell on it. XD

It's supposed to be both, actually. XD It's from LunyLucy's Goblet of Fire parody.
As for the third one, I honestly do NOT remember it being that hard to read on my offline computer. I still have the layers, so I'll try to fix it.

Byakuya - The empty space to the right of the pteri is bothersome. If you had maybe cropped it
Also have to agree with SIW-SIW on the border. If you had made the border at the top instead of having a gap in between.

WIS - QUIT BEING SO AWESOME. That's all I have to say.
Also, if I ever use PS frequently one year, I will probably pay you to teach me. XD
I'm a sharpness *insert word here*, so I'd go with the first one. The colours are all pretty and shiny, although I'm not quite sure if I get the text (makes me think of the Lindsay Lohan song of the same name), or the birds.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

That Illustrator thing is on hold for now, but I did do some fooling around with smart filters in Photoshop today.
I'd love to know what more I can do to improve the quality and make it look...cooler.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Byakuya - the image is sorta pixellated but otherwise I like what you did to it :). The text is sorta hard to read though. I like the blurry effect in the background.

I got bored and made two pixels O_o. One of a chokato and one of my plushie flotsam. PSP7
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

fzun: I've never understood how sprite artists can do what they do. XD Good job on both, but I think I would have made the Chokato a liiiiittle bit bigger.

And now for some random Illustrator work. Tell me which of the designs you like the best!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:28 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I've been making graphics for only like 4 months so obviously I'm not very good yet.
I like the flowery patterned one.

Thank you, Secret Santa!
I wonder who that was...?

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

omg WIS I seriously am in love with your graphics work.
and i mean SERIOUSLY

:P

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:44 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Thanks everyone. :)

Byakuya San:
I like what you did with the text here. :) But unfortunately, the image that you chose has pretty bad quality. That's the biggest problem, for me. I like the motion blur background, though.

I really like all of the flowers though. I think the yellow one, and the orange one (the two on the left) look the best. They're bright and vibrant, and look very cool!

Fzun:
I love these little sprite/pixel/adoptables. They're very cute!

One new sig:

Might not look so good for people with dark skins, though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Warning: stupidest comment ever ahead.
WIS: I think that would look better if the heart were centered on the Zune screen.

I am such a nutcase.

Anyway, that's the ONLY official color-picture of Olivia that seems to be in existence, so I'll just have to wait until volume 17 comes out in the States, buy it, scan the cover in, and then hope that it comes out looking cleaner then.

No new work here, except for a brochure I made for my Latin class in InDesign and got a 100 on. :)
EDIT: Oh wow, yeah. I made this for Tanner:
Image Image
Disclaimer: The white space is supposed to make it pop.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

While I appreciate the enthusiasm from all of you, there already is a Ratings thread in the "Tutorials & Advice" section. Please post there for future constructive criticism :)

Set by Medli

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2