Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Paying Major NP for original (specific comissioned) drawings
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:55 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Long story short- I run a podcast / webcomic. None of my regular hosts (including myself) can draw worth a darn. However, we have amazingly funny ideas that we can visualize, but need people to bring them to life.

If you can draw well, and are interested in making 100,000 NP per black & white comic strip, or 200,000 NP per high quality colored strip, then go to http://www.starpowerpodcast.com - Visit both the comic strips section, and the staff section. You need to be able capture the specific nuances of the characters when drawing them so people know who they are immediately, and your level of skill needs to be close to or above that of the comics already there. (The two comics there are by different artists.) I'm not concerned with the art 'style', per-se. You just need to be able to take the ideas and dialog we provide, and bring it to life.

If you are interested, please email us at artists@starpowerpodcast.com, and include a couple pieces of your work. If I like what I see, I'll send you an idea to work on for us. Payments of NP made on acceptance of completed comics. If you're wondering whether or not I'm 'good' for the NP, ask pretty well any of the old school members around here. I have 10's of millions of NP to fund this little project.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

Last edited by DragonDoodies on Fri May 23, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Paying Major NP for original (specific comissioned) drawings
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:36 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm.. pretty sure that you're not allowed to offer NP for drawings.

Gone, forever.

Last edited by Alex on Fri May 23, 2008 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:03 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

And yet Kym offers NP for Guides, etc. Shoo now.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:49 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

What? There's no need to be rude.

It's coming...

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:43 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Have either of you heard the term 'back seat modding' before? Obviously not, with 3500 posts for one of you, and 5000+ for the other. Just can't stand sitting back and minding your own business, can you? I make a post offering a way for people to make boatloads of neopoints, and the only two people who reply have completely useless, negative comments.

So please, if you're not interested in this, just do everyone a favor and leave your thoughts to yourself. Some people may actually like to be involved. If I hadn't mentioned it before, it's also a great way to get your work exposed (Our Webcomic / Podcast has over 5,000 subscribers) and I'll even place a permanent link in our links section to a website of your choice.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

DragonDoodies wrote:
Have either of you heard the term 'back seat modding' before? Obviously not, with 3500 posts for one of you, and 5000+ for the other. Just can't stand sitting back and minding your own business, can you? I make a post offering a way for people to make boatloads of neopoints, and the only two people who reply have completely useless, negative comments.

So please, if you're not interested in this, just do everyone a favor and leave your thoughts to yourself. Some people may actually like to be involved. If I hadn't mentioned it before, it's also a great way to get your work exposed (Our Webcomic / Podcast has over 5,000 subscribers) and I'll even place a permanent link in our links section to a website of your choice.

Would you mind toning down the negativity yourself and refrain from telling members on this forum what to do?

Regardless of whether their posts are negative or not, you are not allowed to speak to any member in such a negative manner.

I'd appreciate it if you would respond in a calm, collected manner and refrain from attacking members on this forum.

Thank you.

Set by Medli

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:24 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Along with comissions for art and graphics breaking Neopets ToS, they also break PPT ToS.

Also...if I remember correctly, both Alex and Twinkle were previously mods. So, no backseat modding here, kiddo. We're only trying to help, and if you're rude about it, then no one will certainly help you.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:31 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I was never a mod but thanks anyway DM. :hug: Either way, if you're doing something that breaks the rules of Neopets ToS, you could be frozen on NP and warned/banned from here so by warning you that you're breaking rules isn't beakseat modding, it's looking out for other members of our forum.

But hey, continue to be as rude as you want, see how many commissions you get.

It's coming...

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

DM was on fire! wrote:
Along with comissions for art and graphics breaking Neopets ToS, they also break PPT ToS.

Also...if I remember correctly, both Alex and Twinkle were previously mods. So, no backseat modding here, kiddo. We're only trying to help, and if you're rude about it, then no one will certainly help you.

Neither of them were mods. Regardless, if members keep posting up about the original poster being rude, how does that make you better? The best thing to do in a situation like this is contact a mod and report the thread, then leave it to us, not keep responding.

I'll lock this thread before it turns into something more.

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]